Re: [OPEN] [ECO] World looks like under water/no ground (Build mode from map)

by sleepymerma1d

Original Post

cant go to mange worlds

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but battu and build kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? famliy. to mange worlds to build on lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? in between live and builds mode
What do you expect to see? i cant exit easy and litlery in between build and live mod cant do anyting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. cottage living

Since cottage living update. i cant go to manage world to build from a family, i dont know if it has to be that specific.

Message 31 of 133 (3,938 Views)

Evergreen Harbor sidewalks and roadways missing textures in build mode.

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? EP04: 1.assets.live-ep04.192
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, get together, get to work, dream home decorator, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, paranormal, tiny living, moschino, my first pet, laundry day, vintage glamour, romantic garden, cool kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load into Evergreen Harbor world, select Any property, select build mode, observe missing surrounding sidewalks and roadways
What happens when the bug occurs? The sidewalks have no textures, they mirror the sky and show the property block
What do you expect to see? Players should see sidewalks and roadways
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Upon loading into client, player selected Rockridge Springs property in the Evergreen Harbor world. The property’s surrounding sidewalks and roadways were missing their expected textures, player then exited the client and relaunched, sidewalks and road walks in Evergreen Harbor were still missing textures. Problem only occurs in build mode. 

Message 32 of 133 (4,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello 

My main sims live in Evergreen Harbour and went to do a decorator job at the caboose once there my footpaths disappeared. When I went back home (picture attached) same thing happened. This happened in live mode BTW 

I have tried the following:

1. Repaired the game

2. reinstalled sims 4 eco life style

3. tried to change the action plan which worked for some parts but still don't have the footpath Frown 

4. I have the latest update 

5. I don't have mods in my game

6. Lowering the graphics didn't change anything 

Message 33 of 133 (4,767 Views)

Re: cant go to mange worlds

Hero
@cavesim I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Your picture looks like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-World-looks-like-under-water-no-ground-Build-mode-fro... but that shouldn't still let you switch between modes.

Could you explain in more details ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 133 (3,923 Views)

Glitched Landscape

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work GP: Dream Home, BATUU, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat SP: Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party Kits: Courtyard, Country Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try building on the lots in Evergreen Harbor (any neighborhood) without setting up and moving in a family. Select the lot and directly try to build on it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am still able to build on the lots but everything around it has disappeared or is reflective. Also, the ground is stretched under the lot.
What do you expect to see? Normal build mode I've experienced for years (and still experience in other worlds).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I didn't notice this bug until the most recent update, but I haven't played in the world for a while so it may have been going on before then. It only seems to be this world and only when I try to edit the lot without a family. The same issue happens in multiple save files.

Message 35 of 133 (4,691 Views)

★ Apprentice
This is happening to me too. I just noticed it because I haven't been to this neighborhood since the last update.
Message 36 of 133 (4,672 Views)

Ground missing outside of editable lots

★ Apprentice

Terrain missing.png

As you can see, the terrain/ground around the lot is missing. I had this with another lot in that world as well. Mods are all diabled and I started a new save file. It still shows up. It's not always the same lot. I also tried repairing and reinstalling the game. Non of it worked. How can I fix this?

Message 37 of 133 (4,700 Views)

Evergreen Harbor not loading assets when going into Build Mode strait from map

★★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batu and the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In a new game, go to Evergreen Harbor and go directly into Build mode from the map on any lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything in the world it's self that's not on a lot or outside walkable space does not load in
What do you expect to see? Streets, plants, ect in the world outside the lot should load

I was trying to edit the lot before moving my Sim in for a challenge, and half the world just refused to load. I tried exiting out and going back in, but it still did it. I tried on other lots in the same neighborhood and different neighborhoods, and they all did the same thing. I tested the other worlds, and none of them are having this issue. Moving my Sim in and loading the lot seems to have fixed that particular neighborhood, but the other Evergreen Harbor Neighborhoods were still broken going strait into Build Mode.08-04-21_12-54-06 PM.png

Message 38 of 133 (4,655 Views)

Re: Ground missing outside of editable lots

@HighlandGaming  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair again, just to be thorough.  Then try playing in a clean user folder, just as a test.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you have the same issue in a(nother) new save.

If you do, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also post a screenshot of your in-game graphics settings.  You can put the game into windowed mode, then hit Windows key-shift-S and drag your cursor over the portion of screen you want to capture.  Click the Windows notification in the lower right corner of your screen (you might need to minimize the game to see it) to bring up the screenshot, or just open Paint and crtl-V to paste.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 39 of 133 (4,673 Views)

Re: Ground missing outside of editable lots

★ Apprentice

Thank you for helping!

The only world that seems to be affected is the Eco Living world Evergreen Harbour. The rest seems to be fine. Emptying the cache didn't help.

Here are the ingame graphic settings and the dxdiag: Bild7.png

Message 40 of 133 (4,623 Views)