by jpkarlsen

Original Post

[FIXED] [ECO] Sims are obsessed with programming

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims are obsessed with programming (to a lesser extent with painting), then in inventory are appearing future cubs and clay. I turnt off free will but Sims keep stoping other activites to do programming, painting, or playing with clay. Also using toilet by Sims don't make bladder bar full.
What do you expect to see? My Sims aren't obsessed with programming (and painting), they don't stoping task I give them, future cubs and clay don't appear in inventory, using toilet makes bladder bar full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared between eco lifestyle and newest patch, keep occurs after patch.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Added Tag to title

Message 1 of 14 (6,555 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sims are obsessed with programming

Hero
@ubogux The main issue for this is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/td...

Don't think we have a thread for programming yet so leaving this separate but the NAP are probably the root cause here as well.

For the clay/future cube, please use this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Future-Cubes-Spawning-in-Inventories-after-switchi...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (6,473 Views)

Practice Programming Constantly

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion: All available Game: All except vampires and spa day Stuff: Tiny living, Moschino, my first pet, laundry day, fitness, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have computer on lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim constantly ending tasks to go practice programming, even when autonomy is turned off for selected sim
What do you expect to see? Sims should not stop tasks to go practice programming
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started playing discover university with same sim I used before, bug didn't start until after she went to university in her dorm, bug stuck after she graduated and is back in normal housing in San Myshuno

See above

Message 3 of 14 (6,373 Views)

Re: Practice Programming Constantly

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

There happens to be a main thread just started for this. If you'd be so kind, please give it a me too. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Sims-are-obsessed-with-programming/m-p/9211170  I'm betting a nice Hero will merge your report into that thread when one is on next.

As for what's happening is this is a byproduct of the Tech Support N.A.P. It may be enacted in either your neighborhood or one you've visited. In this case it sounds like the one your University is in. Sadly there is a bug that applies all enacted N.A.P.'s to places you've been to you and the NPC's around you. That thread is here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to-visiting/... 

I'm betting you are also dealing with future cubes if you are having an issue with the Tech Support N.A.P. since they appear to go hand in hand. If so, that thread is https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Future-Cubes-Clay-Spawning-in-Inventories/td-p/918075... 

Seeing as you have Eco Lifestyle, I'd recommend browsing some of the different threads if only to get potential warnings or tips.

Message 4 of 14 (6,349 Views)

Re: Practice Programming Constantly

Hero
@kat_the_gemini I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (6,309 Views)

Sims 4 Programming Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Realm Of Magic, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moshinio stuff, Bowling Stuff, Kids room, Cool Kitchen and Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure if you can. it only seems to be happening to this one sim
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will randomly practice programming
What do you expect to see? My sim not doing this without me telling her to
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi simmers. I have a small issue where one sim in my family will randomly start practice programming. On her own, Autonomy is off. I turned on Testing Cheats and reset her and the PC she kept trying to go to. Only mods I have are ones that fix the Irritations from Get Famous (quirks and react in disgust) and a couple height mods for the different age groups (Teen/Adult and Child)

Only fix I have found so far is to remove the PC that she keeps going to. But I don't really want to resort to that

Update: Tried removing all Mods and repairing the game Via Origin. Issue still occurring
(CM: merged posts to add update)

Message 6 of 14 (6,286 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Programming Bug

★★★★★ Novice

Found a fix for this bug until EA gets on it.

Install MCCC

click on any sims that are affected by this bug,

open MCCC,

scroll down to MC Tuner,

Enable Autonomy Scan,

Exit out then click on a area like your gonna tell your sim to go there,

you should see "Autonomy Commands" Open that

Click search all,

Type in the activity your sim is doing e.g Programming, painting etc...

click on anything that has the word in it.

Working for me so far

Message 7 of 14 (5,920 Views)

My sims keep practicing programming without me telling them too

★ Novice

All 5 of my sims start to ‘practice programming’ when I havent give them anything to do, it’s quite annoying because every time I tell them to do something like eat or sleep they do it for a bit then all of a sudden they are up and practicing programming on the computer and non of them are in the tech Carrer!, I have deleted all of my recent cc I have downloaded before the started happening and it is still doing it. Also future cubes keep appearing in my sims inventory, every time I sell it, it comes back and if I haven’t done it in a while, my sim ends up with about 5 future cubes! And this is in all of my sims! 

Message 8 of 14 (5,922 Views)

Re: My sims keep practicing programming without me telling them too

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@cait2015 

This is the result of a certain NAP you have enacted (don't remember the name offhand) I suggest you repeal it and vote for a NAP you like better. 

Look at the description to see what a NAP does.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 14 (5,898 Views)

Re: My sims keep practicing programming without me telling them too

Hero
@cait2015 Merged your post with the bug report on it but as @jpkarlsen this is because of the NAP.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (5,890 Views)