Unable to upgrade or repair bathtubs

by ALBirkey824

Original Post

Can't upgrade tubs with water recycler (common parts)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a tub or showertub. Get sufficient handiness skill. Try to upgrade with Water Recycler (not the version that requiers eco parts). Watch the routing failure message.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims waves and thought bubble shows the picture for not being able to access the tub. No upgrade takes place.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to be able upgrade a tub/showertub with Water Recycler, just like they can with other upgrades. I also expect them to be able to repair tubs/showertubs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I patched my game with the latest patches.

I can't add the "normal" Water Recycler upgrade to tubs or shower tubs. The version that requires the normal upgrade parts, that is.

The sims waves and behaves like something is blocking them from reaching the tub, although they can reach it just fine for other upgrades and for using - showering and bathing.

It also seems like it's affecting the repair action, same thing happens, route failure.

Message 41 of 90 (1,816 Views)

Re: Can't upgrade tubs with water recycler (common parts)

★★★ Apprentice
@NorthernNightSky Mine also. I even moved tub to open area in room, free access all around it. Still unable to upgrade water recycler. Also the tub my sim has, is no longer in the buy mode, neither off-grid or plumbing listings. I have the Captain Mahogany wood tub.
Message 42 of 90 (1,798 Views)

Re: Can't upgrade tubs with water recycler (common parts)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@LilSnakeHips The Captain Mahogany tub is a debug item, I think it's made on the woodworking table.

Yeah, I moved the tubs outside with empty space all around it, still got the route fail animation/message.

Message 43 of 90 (1,787 Views)

Unable to upgrade or repair bathtubs

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion, game, and stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a bathtub. Try to perform an eco upgrade. OR buy a bathtub and when it breaks, try to repair it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim cannot repair. They indicate that they cannot get to the tub, however, they are able to use the tub to bathe in and even putting the tub in the middle of an empty room, they are still unable to access the tub to repair or upgrade it.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to go to the tub and repair or perform eco upgrades successfully.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought and installed Cottage Living.

I have attempted to try different bathtubs, repaired the game, checked for new game updates, but all fail. I am able to perform regular upgrades, but nothing eco related. I also cannot repair any bathtubs.

Message 44 of 90 (1,767 Views)

Re: Unable to upgrade or repair bathtubs

Hero
@ALBirkey824 Merged your post with the upgrade thread

Please me too this one for the repair: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-Can-t-Repair-Tub-Shower-Combos-While-Get-Famous-Installed...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 90 (1,746 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Sims Can't Upgrade Eco Upgrades on Tubs or Tub/Shower Combos

★★ Apprentice

Looks like OP is not alone, and neither am I.

It started off with my Sim refusing to upgrade that weird triangle shaped tub, now he won't upgrade ANY tub.  He'll upgrade the showers, but tubs and tub/shower combos he will not touch.

Message 46 of 90 (1,708 Views)

Re: bathtub can't be used the upgrade come with eco lifestyle

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with the Water Recycler and H20 Siphoner upgrades (which happen to be the two tub upgrades that have the option to use eco parts) on tubs. I can upgrade tubs in every other way just fine. I can upgrade showers, sinks, and toilets with those upgrades just fine. But when I try to upgrade a tub with them, my sim acts like she can't move there.

Message 47 of 90 (1,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same, even tried both eco parts and normal routing error from sims. Tried both on unmodded and modded, several different game files. Eco upgrades for tub / tub-shower combos are broke. :/ (Have ALL the expansions and addons installed)

Message 48 of 90 (1,429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@HeidiGrrrlSame!! I hope they fix it :/

I’m on PS4 tho

Message 49 of 90 (1,402 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Have to update my original post. It seems Sims CAN upgrade stand-alone showers with the Water Recycler, but not tubs and not tub-shower combos. They also cannot repair them, so you need to replace them whenever they break.

Message 50 of 90 (1,391 Views)