Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Sims Can't Upgrade Eco Upgrades on Tubs or Tub/Shower Combos

by rhah01

Original Post

Strangerville shower/bath combo furniture can't be eco-upgraded

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select the shower and bathtub combo item from the strangerville game pack and try to upgrade it to consume less water
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims trying to upgrade the shower/bath will be able to start any upgrade except the one that reduces the water usage by the item (it shoulb be called something like water syphon in english? not sure). All other upgrades can be initialized and completed,while this eco-upgrade can't even be started, and the sim will have a message bubble similar to the one they emit when there are no pathways to reach an object and they can't complete the action.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to initialize and complete all available upgrades for this build mode object
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I remeber upgrading it just fine in time for Eco Living,so it's probably the fault of a more recent patch.

As the compiled form states, I am unable to initialize the upgrade that lets the shower/bath combo to consume less water. I've already tried putting it in an open space without walls, since I thought maybe my bathroom was too small, but it still wouldn't work. While it's not game breaking, I'd love for it to be fixed, thank you

Message 31 of 90 (2,348 Views)

Re: [ECO] Sims Can't Upgrade Eco Upgrades on Tubs or Tub/Shower Combos

★★ Novice

I’m having the same experience in my game as well. I hope they resolve it very soon.

Message 32 of 90 (2,303 Views)

Re: Cottage Living unable to completely upgrade items

★★★ Apprentice

I’m having the same issue. Glad to see it’s not just me. 

Message 33 of 90 (2,279 Views)

★★ Novice

I sort of found a way around this issue. If your sim completes the nerd brain aspiration, they get the handy trait. With the handy trait, you can instant upgrade objects. It will upgrade everything except add an h20 siphoner. I'm using an off-the-grid lot, so I needed to upgrade some stuff. It works if you're in a pinch. 

Message 34 of 90 (2,253 Views)

Can’t upgrade Water Recycler on Tub

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, discovery university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, dream home decorator, vampires, spa day, nifty knitting, tiny living, laundry day, perfect patio, and both free stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on any bathtub in the game, select upgrade, then hit water recycler it doesn’t matter if you hit water recycler or water recycler using eco-parts the same thing will happen
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims for some reason will not be able to get to the bathtub even if there is a completely clear space around it and the other upgrades work perfectly fine, it’s only the water recycler one that isn’t working
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sims to be able to upgrade the bathtub to have a water recycler with out any issue
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after I updated my game on it started after I updated my game on July 20, 2021 and with the new patch on July 27, 2021 the bug is still there

This error occurs with both the water recycler using eco-parts and the regular water recycler upgrade 

Message 35 of 90 (2,255 Views)

Re: Strangerville shower/bath combo furniture can't be eco-upgraded

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue with all shower/bath combos and for me it is only the water recycler upgrade that does not work. I have all packs except Country Living and I am on the most recent update. This fails 100% of the time. Any idea when a fix will be released? I want to go off-grid with my farming sim so I'd like to have this upgrade sorted. Thanks.

Message 36 of 90 (2,237 Views)

★★★ Novice
Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? All the time, all tub items
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Oasis Courtyard and Dust Buster kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim upgrade a tub, shower/tub combo for Water Recycler
What happens when the bug occurs? They yell up at you saying they can't go there
What do you expect to see? They should go to item and upgrade just like when the upgrade to clean coat, sturdy faucets, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It occurred soon after or when I got the Cottage Living pack
Message 37 of 90 (2,150 Views)

★ Guide
@BlackInkedIvory Awesome! thank you, I'm gonna try this as soon as I complete nerd brain
Message 38 of 90 (2,119 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

this is also affecting repair. gives the same pathing issue as the water recycler upgrade. I ran in to the upgrade problem first. then the it broke and unable to fix so i came here searching.

I tested with the double delight. i have all expansions, i tested on 3 different lots each lot is in a different area. 1st noticed it in country living area.

Message 39 of 90 (2,086 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue when I try to repair bath/shower combos. Says sim can’t get to the location, waving hands in the air with a red x. But they can use the bath/shower just fine, just not repair it.

Message 40 of 90 (2,065 Views)