Re: Cottage Living unable to completely upgrade items

by Jan_831

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Sims Can't Upgrade Eco Upgrades on Tubs or Tub/Shower Combos

★★★ Novice

I have noticed this since the July 20 patch as well. At first I only noticed that I could not upgrade, but once my tub/shower combo broke, I also noticed I was unable to repair it. I tried moving it outside with no walls or objects around and still have the problem. Tried buying different tubs and showers to troubleshoot, and all tubs and combos have the problem. Showers without tub seem to work fine.

Message 21 of 90 (1,898 Views)

★ Guide
@simvasion No, this is not a bath tub/shower combo. The tub is the Princess Cordelia Bathtub.
Message 22 of 90 (1,933 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Jan_831  well, apparently it's affecting all bathtubs, not just combos.

Message 23 of 90 (1,921 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@simvasion It is. It's not just Cottage either. I don't have Cottage and I have the same problem. I can no longer repair or install some upgrades on ANY bathtub.

It seems to be just the "Water Recycler" upgrade for me. Attempting it gives a routing failure.

And repairing. If the bathtub breaks, I can either cheat-repair it or sell it.
Message 24 of 90 (1,907 Views)

★ Guide

I am having a lot of problems with all appliances with regard to repairing.  I have sell them when they break and get new ones, but this is new for me and only since Cottage Living.  

Message 25 of 90 (1,884 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Jan_831 Well, personally, I don't have Cottage. (Not about to buy a 'farming' pack when farming has been completely broken for over a year)

But repairing works for me for all devices except bathtubs.

Edit:

Well... and also computers at Active work lots... Can't repair any computer at the science lab, police station, or hospital for some reason. I don't think that's related though.
Message 26 of 90 (1,859 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps That has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GTW-Police-Station-computers-not-fixable/m-p/9746642#M162662 .. it's an older issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 90 (1,850 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps Yep, discovered that in addition to not being able to upgrade water recycler on tubs shower/tub combos, I cannot repair them, either, and neither can the repairman. Same routing error animation. Started with the patch, not installation of the new pack.
Message 28 of 90 (1,830 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict

Aren't they all...

I need to start keeping a list again. There are SO MANY... I tend to forget about a lot of them. Report them or "me too". (assuming I can FIND them... the search tool on this website is just BAD...)
Message 29 of 90 (1,825 Views)

★ Guide

I will do that, thank you.  I have not had this issue before and couldn't find it on here.  Thanks again.

Message 30 of 90 (1,810 Views)