[FIXED] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects (Recycle Trait)

by idahpews

Original Post

Re: Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

★★ Novice
@Allinmytime I think it must be something else, because I went to play, and what I saw was the bar called "The Caboose" showed an exclamation mark. Went to see what it was and the furniture was missing....
Message 71 of 168 (1,214 Views)

★ Pro

btw, recycling is limited to objects worth less than §1000 (according to interaction file). Furthermore, most essential objects are safe.

can be swiped by kleptos, recycle disciples and sharing community:

Func_Lights
Func_Easel
Func_Couch
Func_Computer
Func_TV
Func_Stereo
Func_Instrument
Func_LivingChair
Func_Video_Game
Func_Vase
Func_Stool
Func_Art
Func_PetBowl
Func_PetToy

sharing is caring only:

Func_Book
Func_Sink
Func_Counter
Func_Table

recycle disciple only:

Func_Art_Sculpture
Func_Garbage
Func_Doll
Func_StuffedAnimal
Func_Trash

Message 72 of 168 (1,192 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects (Recycle Trait)

★★★★★ Apprentice
If the swiping is an intended feature of the Recycle Disciple trait, it needs to be toned down imo. And also, there needs to be certain things that are not permitted for recycle swiping. One of my sims just swiped and, thus, destroyed a photo from the wall. I'm five generations in to this save, and have a handful of photos from each generation. I'm not keen on the idea that if I ever want to use the Recycle Disciple trait, I'll either have to keep my family photos in a sim's inventory instead of on the wall, or be willing to risk having them get destroyed.
Message 73 of 168 (1,188 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this same issue too. Completely agree with hyrulerose above - if the intention of this trait was to have the sim be a quasi-kleptomaniac at times, it needs to be toned down. My sim "stole" his own couch and TV at least three times within 5 real-world minutes. It's really annoying to be replacing stuff like this constantly.

Message 74 of 168 (1,150 Views)

★★ Guide
@pinneduphair until it's fixed, keep them in rooms that are not essential to visitors and lock the door for everyone but household?
Message 75 of 168 (1,147 Views)

Re: Items vanishing on lot in eco lifestyle

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Doesn't work.
Message 76 of 168 (1,133 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@kusurusu I watched three sims swipe a counter, sink, computer, plants, microwave, paintings, bathtub, and other various small decor. And I know for a fact they don't have ANY of the new traits. The only NAP that was active was the Sharing is Caring NAP. No Klepto, recycle disciples or anything like that.
Message 77 of 168 (1,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@idahpews I've lost two sofas and a love seat already.
Message 78 of 168 (1,083 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same problem here! 

But in my game who are swiping my objects are the visitors, but none of them have the klept trait. 

Its disgusting! 

Message 79 of 168 (1,047 Views)

★★ Pro

I was really looking forward to trying this trait out, but it's just terrible! It's nothing like I thought it would be. Seriously disappointing.

Message 80 of 168 (1,030 Views)