Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects (Recycle Trait)

by keroseneheart

Original Post

Re: Items vanishing on lot in eco lifestyle

★★★★★ Novice

My sim doesn't have klepto or recycling traits and I hadn't played long enough for the first NAP to go into effect yet and my sim was already swiping things from her own house.  And they just vanished into thin air.

Message 111 of 168 (914 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, same problem here. It would be more okay if my sim swiped it, and it ended up in her inventory, but she has swiped her own computer, her own TV (the new one from the dumpster), her own decor... and I am playing rags to riches, so it`s been super fun.

Message 112 of 168 (856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

The Sharing is Caring order. I would have to agree this may be the main determinant factor. I just had a sim I made 5 years ago come into my new sim's house and swipe from me. I know this old sim does not have a recycle or klepto trait so to me it made no sense. However, sharing is caring is enacted in the neighborhood. I'm getting it repealed. 

Message 113 of 168 (830 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same, had a child “successfully swipe” an object from her own household while she was in the bath. Not a klepto, no Sharing is Caring NAP. She has one of the new traits but I forget which, and there was no moodlet or explanation of why it happened. 

Message 114 of 168 (792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same. When is EA going to fix this???? It's very frustrating to have to keep buying new items. It makes it hard to play cheatless !!

Message 115 of 168 (744 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the swipe issue too. I even canceled the interaction using MCCC, and now I no longer get the 'successful swipe' message, but the items disappear. I've given up on keeping the house decorated when it seems more prudent at this point to replace basic items and re-upgrade them. This is frustrating as heck.

Message 116 of 168 (689 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is really getting annoying now. I don't have the NAP Sharing is Caring. 

But every time I have any sims over my stuff gets stolen. Is there a fix for this? It is ruining game play. 

Message 117 of 168 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Glad to see I'm not the only one that feels gameplay has been ruined by some of the stuff in the new xpac.  I am so frustrated that I can no longer start a new sim without cheating into some money so I can survive and cheating into 4 NAPS right away so that I don't forget and end up with the "sharing" one.

Message 118 of 168 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I can really relate. I hope there is a fix for this next update.

My sim family just had a bunch of people over for Christmas, and half their house is gone. Literally every one of their guests was swiping stuff. Expensive stuff, too. The "Send home" button didn't work at all and so I can't get anyone to leave. LOL there is nothing I can do.... they just keep swiping and they won't go home!!!!

Here is the kitchen after a few hours of guests. All of the counters are gone, as well as the sink, the island, and the barstools:

Sims Kitchen.png

The entryway. Almost everything from the entryway was stolen:

sims Entryway.png

The dining table and all the dining chairs were stolen:

sims dining room.png

I mean this is ridiculous. I quit the game without saving and I'm HOPING it loads to before the party.

Message 119 of 168 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

One of my Sims just swiped something from his house in his sleep.

IN HIS SLEEP. 

He doesn't have the tense "Must recycle now" moodlet. There was no warning. And he is literally asleep.

What the actual

swiping while asleep.PNG

Edit: Oh my god, as soon as I posted this, the other person in the household went to sleep and I got the notification that she also swiped something in her sleep. I'm pretty sure it was one of the harvestable plants, which isn't even swipe-able. She also didn't have the moodlet. PLEASE FIX THIS

Message 120 of 168 (499 Views)