Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects (Recycle Trait)

by fiftyleven

Original Post

Re: Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

★★★★ Apprentice

The problem with this trait is that I've noticed it doesn't just happen every once in a while. It seems to be happening more than once in a day for me - to the point where I removed the trait and then used MCCC to blacklist the trait from being applied to any future spawned sims. My sim was taking daily trips to the community lot to recycle, so whatever the intent behind this trait, it was poorly executed.

Message 91 of 168 (2,891 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This isn't specific to the Recycler trait. I have a social club consisting of 7 members plus my Sim. None of them have the Recycler trait as they were created weeks before the Eco Living pack was released and they have been members of this club since they were teens, which is when their last personality trait was assigned.

I recently moved my Sim from one house into another. The Welcome Wagon showed up and one townie went straight from the front door to the computer and swiped it. I assumed she had the Klepto trait so I asked her to leave and instead started a club gathering. The first person through the door swiped a kitchen counter. The second person swiped the computer I had just replaced, the coffee table, and then went into the kitchen to swipe another counter. The third swiped a couch and a chair. The others went down to the basement where two love seats and a stereo disappeared. This was all within about 2 minutes of their arrival. I ended up exiting the game without saving! 

The only connection my game had to the Recycler Trait was a girlfriend of my active Sim who had it but I got rid of her after she swiped their sofa. At the time I thought that was an intended consequence of the trait, which I wasn't prepared to deal with so I had them break up. But more importantly, she was already out of the picture and had never stepped foot in this new house when all the swiping took place during the club gathering, so that can't be connected to her. Also of note, I'd had several club gatherings in the old house without anything going missing except the sofa that one time. It wasn't until moving to the new house that the swiping has become constant.

Message 92 of 168 (2,840 Views)

★★ Novice

Thistle1414's experience is similar to mine. I was playing a Windenburg family that I've had for over a year without any issues, but a couple of days after installing Eco-Lifestyle I sent one of the Sims to university. None of the Sims in the dorms appear to have the recycler trait, nor does the Sim I sent to school. The Sim I'm playing was born long before the new expansion. Because I have roommates in university, I cannot control who comes in or out of the dorms.

The bug has rendered two dorms uninhabitable (if I try to replace missing items, they just get stolen again), and has also glitched the Foxbury Commons (unless my Sim hires a vendor at $100 a pop, nobody opens the buffet any more; there are no computers and no televisions. The ping pong table is still there). Sharing is Caring is not active. There's literally no reason for this to be happening other than the game is bugged. And unfortunately, it's a game-breaking bug: I can't play if the Sims starve or have nowhere to sleep because NPCs keep stealing everything!

Message 93 of 168 (2,807 Views)

Re: Items vanishing on lot in eco lifestyle

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sims without klepto trait and without the new ECO traits, stealing objects when visiting neighborhood residential lots.
TS4 all packs, full game.
Repairing the game didn't work. 
Objects can't be found after search them.

Message 94 of 168 (2,739 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having the same issue but I actually think it is part of the recycle disciple trait. My sim has this trait and swipes objects in exchange for bits without me telling her to. In the trait description its says "but should they go too long without indulging in their hobby..." 

I think it's just a negative side effect of not recycling for a while

Message 95 of 168 (2,719 Views)

★★ Guide

I think, that's right. Since I let recycle every day, they do no steal again their own furniture. But ist is borring, to do that every day. This together with the other hyperkleptomaniac gameplay ... I don't know what to say about it.

Message 96 of 168 (2,716 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@caticaoimhe It's both.

If you have the recycle disciple, and go without recycling, your sim will swipe stuff and recycle it.

If any of the 42 neighborhoods have the "Sharing is Caring" NAP, visiting sims will swipe your stuff when visiting your house.

If you see your own sim swiping, it's the former, if it's other sims, it's the latter.
Message 97 of 168 (2,702 Views)

★ Novice

Hi!

I just played the Eco Living for Sims 4 and I noticed that everyone keeps swiping anything from the lot. Yes it's confusing but this has something to do with the Neighbourhood Community Voting Board, where you can vote on a Neighbourhood Action Plan. Now, one of these plans are the "Sharing is Caring" plan, and after the plan is successfully approved, it will activate immediately. If you read the community board, there will be written a message that said "what is yours is mine" or something like that. So my guess is this is what causing the sims to swipe your things. There is an option to "Vote for Repeal" on your mailbox, although I have not tried that yet, but hopefully I can appeal to inactivate the plan that was previously approved. Otherwise, the only thing I can do for now is send the sim home before he/she swipes anything

P/S: I am not really sure whether it's the "Sharing is Caring" plan, but one of those plans turn those sims into kleps including your sim.

Message 98 of 168 (2,632 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. I play on PC. No Mods or CC. My Sims are stealing their own objects from their own home the do not have the Klepto trait and there is no Caring for sharing in the neighborhood. I just started this game so its brand new. I checked to see if the items went to their household inventory and it didn't. They are just gone.

Message 99 of 168 (2,561 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having the same problem except the item seems to turn into food waste in her inventory.

Message 100 of 168 (2,403 Views)