Re: Items vanishing on lot in eco lifestyle

by DiamondGrrl

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it's driving me insane how sims will "swipe" their own objects in order to recycle them. I can't keep a trash bin on the lot, because every single time I buy one, shortly after my sim just swipes it to recycle it autonomously.

Message 41 of 168 (2,319 Views)

★★★ Novice

So after playing a bit more i have noticed that a moodlet does show for being stressed for not recycling but it is a very short time it shows for.

Ive noticed i have to either dumpster dive or recycle something pretty much every other day or the stress moodlet shows up the next day and after that they swipe something.

Ive never seen a trait or hobby need to be done pretty much every second day, or is that just me?

Message 42 of 168 (2,305 Views)

Re: Items vanishing on lot in eco lifestyle

★★★★ Novice

I'm on Xbox One and I'm having the same problem with my Sims stealing their own items. And they disappear completely, they don't go into household or regular inventory. It's very annoying. 

Message 43 of 168 (2,252 Views)

★ Novice

This is also happening when a sim with the trait is visiting the house!! Her best friend comes over and as soon as they're not interacting starts swiping all of the furniture

Message 44 of 168 (2,222 Views)

Non- Klepto Sim swiping objects

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It showed up through regular gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim, while at home, makes a motion as if collecting an item and a notification appears stating that she successfully "swiped an item". However, she does not have the Kleptomaniac trait, and the items don't appear in any inventories (personal or household).
What do you expect to see? My non- Kleptomaniac Sim not stealing from her own home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch released early June 2020, also the release and installation of the Eco Lifestyle pack.

Each time this happens an item of furniture in the house disappears, regardless of whether or not she's even on the same level as it.
The notification also doesn't have an image of which image has been swiped, which leaves it a surprise as to what exactly has gone missing this time. So far, she's gone through 3 large sofas, 2 chess tables, 3 dining chairs and 2 bar stools.
I haven't tried spent enough time off the home lot to see if it happens on public/ NPC home lots yet.

I've included an example of the notification.

Message 45 of 168 (2,200 Views)

★★ Novice

I have just had a wedding and all the guests stole items from my home. So disappointed with how glitchy eco lifestyle is so far. Frown

Message 46 of 168 (2,171 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CydeaChan Yes it's very bad. Also for repeal "Sharing is Caring", for example, you need 5 votes. You can not have 5 ppl in small town for this. These are unnecessary difficulties and for me game is unplayable. Just can't go at bar without items get "stolen". It's like self-isolation but in the Sims =)))
Message 47 of 168 (2,151 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this same problem, only in my game everyone steals my stuff, not just my sim.

Message 48 of 168 (2,136 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am seeing the same thing, I figure I'll list my specifics incase it helps sort things down: No klepto trait, yes to Recycle Disciple trait, Swiped her own trash bin, not in my inventory or household inventory, doesn't seem to have added me any bits and pieces (as if she were to recycle it), no Sharing is Caring action in place in the neighborhood.

If this is intentional, shouldn't it add bits and pieces if she swipes her own object to recycle?

Message 49 of 168 (2,110 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Wow... so THAT's what's been happening! I've been just noticing random things disappearing. The kitchen sink and counter along with it. One of their two computers, random decorations around the house.

Most of those were in a house in Willow Creek. I'll have to check those.

I think I'll have to figure out how to disable those NAP things and make sure none of my sims have that trait.

Message 50 of 168 (2,102 Views)