by Bra1nBlast3d

Original Post

Re: Sim steals his own stuff

★★★ Novice

yes he does!

Message 21 of 168 (11,200 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

★★★ Novice

Same here. Santa came into my home and wiped me out for Christmas. I restarted the game because there was no Kleptomaniacs on my lot. Sure enough it was Santa. When I came downstairs he ran outside and disappeared, but not after grabbing my lamp. He originally stole a computer and literally the kitchen sink. 

I was given the option to steal on a different lot and my sim doesn't have the trait either. 

Message 22 of 168 (11,196 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [EL] Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

★★★ Novice
@simvasion OMG that is activated. I'll try that thanks. I never read it. WTH
Message 23 of 168 (11,193 Views)

MY SIM STEALS.....from himself!!!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim keeps stealing from himself. He does NOT have the kleptomaniac trait. I get a notification that he has successfully stolen something, then the objects just disappear, and do not show up in any of my sims inventories.
What do you expect to see? MY SIM NOT STEALING FROM HIMSELF!!!!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This started happening after the latest update.

Message 24 of 168 (11,130 Views)

Re: MY SIM STEALS.....from himself!!!

★ Apprentice

I have tried every suggestion in the thread and like you am having this problem only its not my sim only. I see stuff all over the communities missing on next visits. I also had to option to swipe the Fizzy Machine thingy even though I have no klepto trait. Its getting to be unplayable at this point. There is too much stuff missing all of the time and I have to go cheat to get more money or use cheat codes and rebuy constantly.

Message 25 of 168 (11,074 Views)

Re: Sim steals his own stuff

★ Apprentice

I am also thinking maybe the npcs are swiping things everywhere with certain traits because stuff disappears on all lots. The game is unplayable without cheats atm. I hope there is an immediate hotfix.

Message 26 of 168 (11,072 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, just installed Eco Lifestyle last night and I’ve witnessed a sim steal my coffee table, one steal my bookshelf, and father winter stole my tv and the stand it was on from my sims apartment. The option for my sim to steal stuff also came up, and no him nor the sims that stole my stuff do not have the kleptomaniac trait. 

Message 27 of 168 (11,034 Views)

Re: MY SIM STEALS.....from himself!!!

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@joy_full_girldoes your sim have the Recycle Disciple trait? This may be by design if so. Sims with the trait have the interaction `autonomous_ObjectPicker_RecycleDisciple_Swipe`. In it, there's an object picker test, which says that it does not matter whether the object is owned or not for them to swipe it. Based on the trait description, it could be intentional they'd be swiping their own objects.

Message 28 of 168 (11,021 Views)

★ Guide

I am 5 hours into Eco Lifestyle and have encountered other bugs/ issues except for this.

I've only played with those existing household ie Greenburg, Tinker and Sterling Rico but so far there is no missing objects or Sims swiping items in the house.

Will keep an eye on this.

Message 29 of 168 (10,999 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same for me, I went on a restaurant in Oasis Spring, some random sim stole a table 4 chairs, another a piano another a wall decoration. I went up to them to try to see if they had the klepto trait and they don't, the sharing is caring is not on either since I saw in previous streamer getting their loot stolen, but I would not expect this to happen in "restaurants". My own sim cannot perform those options so. Also, the other point that's annoying about this is simply that if you did build that location you then need to go back in and put the stolen items again if you can even remember what they were.

Message 30 of 168 (10,956 Views)