No option to pick up trash pile

by sarahholdenried

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Random trash piles in inventory

★★ Pro

So that's what's been going on. I wondered why occasionally I'd have some form of trash in my inventory. I too have the Reuse and Recycle lot trait. I'll just recycle that trash too like I have been doing, since I'm playing a maker and every bit and piece helps. I'll be more mindful of my inventory too. I know Eve works with trash all the time, but it can't be healthy carrying it around with her produce from her garden when it's harvest time! Haha. I hit the me too button.

Great catch there. I thought it was because I kept dumpster diving for recyclables so I didn't think much of it. I just figured it was a mechanic from that to be more realistic. You know the way they heft practically their whole bodies in. It made sense to me some would end up in her pockets. Looking back I feel a little silly if it's happening while she's cooking too.

Message 21 of 33 (1,800 Views)

[ECO] Piles of Trash in Childen's and Toddler's Inventories

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

While I know the Reuse and Recycle lot trait produces trash in the inventories of SIM doing things such as cooking or dumpster diving, I personally don't think it's appropriate for it to be ending up in a child or toddler's inventory. Teens are more responsible and it doesn't bother me quite so much, but as for the younger ones it just doesn't feel right.

No parent wants to see their little ones make messes or get into the trash. Hence the parenthood ability to correct them when they do and it changes characteristic values that will eventually become behavioral traits. Although now if the parent is REALLY into recycling for their job, say a maker like my girl is, she has to choose her passion for recycling and an easy way to get the bits and pieces for her job and being a good parent without that useful lot trait to keep trash out of her children's inventory.

I don't know if this is a bug, per say. Since it does warn in the lot trait more trash is going to be created on that lot if you use this trait. However there were some SIMs getting said extra trash that I didn't think should. So I thought putting it here in the discussions to express what my concerns were would keep things where they are meant to be. Feel free to move this to the bug thread if I'm wrong and in that case I'm sorry for the mistake.

Edit: I learned EL stands for Edition Legacy and Eco was the correct pack assignment for Eco Lifestyle. Sorry about that.

Message 22 of 33 (1,783 Views)

No option to pick up trash pile

★★ Apprentice

Xbox One: Sims 4 + Island Living

My sim has been collecting trash piles in her inventory on her. I have option to place in world, but after I do the only option after that is to place it right back into my inventory.

It doesn't matter if I place while visiting somewhere or on home lot. The only option after placed is still to put in inventory.

I've moved my trash container, I've also sold it and bought new one too but the option to throw trash away never shows up.

This is after I've just uninstalled/reinstalled so Island Living would finally install. I did that yesterday, decided to play today and have been enjoying Island Living a lot, except this hiccup in the game that needs fixing.

I'd show a photo but apparently this thinks a very simple photo has such a large file size, when it actually isn't. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Message 23 of 33 (1,793 Views)

@sarahholdenried  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  It may be related to the Reduce and Recycle lot trait, as referenced in the accepted solution (see page 1).  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 33 (1,775 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict No, for me that lot trait is not the issue. I didn't even have that lot trait.
For me, it does not matter if I am on my own residential lot, a community lot, or wondering the beach line that isn't part of a lot.
The trash I've noticed is collecting inti my inventory when I clean trash off the beach, like that netting stuff, or when in the ocean waters.
There's a trash can near the residential lot I am using along a beachline. So I'll take trash out of inventory to place in the world (right at my feet), then when I click on it, the only option I'm given to to place it back in my inventory, even tho I'm right by a trash can, or several feet away from it.
So I'll place back in my inventory, go to my home lot, take trash out of inventory onto my lot, and again, even tho I have a trash can, the only option I get is place in inventory.
Now I've also teaveled to a Beach community lot to see what may happen. Same thing.
Went to the bar community lot, but same thing again.
Visited someone else's lot, again same thing.
I do not see this being an issue being caused by Island Living, but from the recent update.
I haven't played on my pc yet to notice any issues (haven't had the time), but this issue has happened two different times while playing on the Xbox One and I only have Sims 4 basegame plus Island Living installed for that.
I won't be able to check on actually my laptop, til Sunday at best, most likely not til Monday to see if I have the issue there too, cuz I only have the basegame on my laptop. If the issue is noticable on my laptop, then it's certainly from the update.
Message 25 of 33 (1,741 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict And I should probably make mine as a report for a glitch maybe? Or would this be a bug?

Since I only noticed the issue for me while playing the Island world from Island Living, on my Xbox One. Also, I don't have that lot trait, so if others have issues with that lot trait, it does not apply to my issue.
Message 26 of 33 (1,736 Views)

Re: [ECO] Piles of Trash in Childen's and Toddler's Inventories

★★★★ Expert

@PriestessAvenara   Here is a bug report for the issue. Please click Me Too on the first post in it, this to signal that it is an issue in gameplay If you want, describe what happens in your game in the thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Random-trash-piles-in-inventory/td-p/9191957

Message 27 of 33 (1,709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

While I know the Reuse and Recycle lot trait produces trash in the inventories of SIM doing things such as cooking, I personally don't think it's appropriate for it to be ending up in a child or toddler's inventory. Teens are more responsible and it doesn't bother me quite so much, but as for the younger ones it just doesn't feel right.

No parent wants to see their little ones make messes or get into the trash. Hence the parenthood ability to correct them when they do and it changes characteristic values that will eventually become behavioral traits. Although now if the parent is REALLY into recycling for their job, say a maker like my girl is, she has to choose her passion for recycling and an easy way to get the bits and pieces for her job and being a good parent without that useful lot trait to keep trash out of her children's inventory.

I don't know if this is a bug, per say. Since it does warn in the lot trait more trash is going to be created on that lot if you use this trait. However there were some SIMs getting said extra trash that I didn't think should.

Message 28 of 33 (1,679 Views)

★★ Pro

@DonroaAkashu  I'll do that, thank you. Although sadly the thread is marked as "solved" now and may be just skipped over.

Message 29 of 33 (1,703 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@PriestessAvenara  When the bug reports have a 'Solution' it's often just to quickly give a workaround, or important info for those not reading the whole thread. The title of the bug report is more telling, and in this case it is named: OPEN, which means that it is counted as an existing bug in the game.

Here you can read about the tags in the bug forum:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445297/highlight/tru...

Message 30 of 33 (1,687 Views)