[FIXED] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A.P)

by verfens

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A.P)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs through/including Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the community lots (Sprucewood Square in my case, and it's a community garden), wait.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sink keeps being stolen. Only the sink, mind you, and occasionally the counter its on as I tried to get them not to steal the sink by inlaying it in a counter. It happens every single time I put the sink back into the lot, within 1hr of ingame time after fixing the lot. What's maddening is that because removing the sink 'breaks' the lot, if I go into build mode I cannot leave it until I replace it.
What do you expect to see? Plumbing be a little bit harder to grift, or, if a sim watches someone steal from the community lot WITHOUT the NAP that allows stealing, a negative reaction from the crowd.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The June 3rd/Eco Lifestyle update.

Side Notes: I've repaired the game after removing my mods in preparation for the update, like, 3x.  I've not installed mods since the update on June 3rd, and I've had a sim invade the bathroom to steal the sink, while my sim just stands there.  And why the sink of all things??? 

Message 1 of 493 (75,170 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 Sims Stealing

Hero

Fixed an issue where NPC Sims would continuously steal objects from Lots without having the Kleptomaniac Trait. They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

Fixed in Patch 1.65.77/ 1.30

I don't know if all posts in this thread were actually really down to the NAP.

EA fixed this but I don't know how it was fixed .. there could still be issues on your save. There are also other issue that have similar symptoms.

If you still have objects disappearing, please check the threads below if any of those apply to you before opening a new thread.

What do to if you still have this issue ?

• Check the threads listed above if any of them apply to you
  • If you still get lots of stealing on a new save, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 493 of 493 (43,801 Views)

All Replies

Re: NPCs Continuously Steal Community Sinks with No N.A.P. Permitting Theft

[ Edited ]
Hero

A FYI to everyone.

Things are crazy right now (as you may have noticed) and I've been lumping a lot of posts into this one. I have not read every post in every thread someone made but only the ones the OPs posted.

I'm not saying that everyone has the same issue but there IS a major issue going on with N.A.P.s

This is the main source of this issue: NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC 

That bug was fixed but existing still can still be affected. and this is also still an issue: NPC Autonomy commodities incorrectly being saved on Sims. There's several ways to fix affected Sims as outlined in that thread.

The Sharing is Caring NAP lets people take everything

Issues covered in this thread

• NPCs stealing from your lot
  • NPCs stealing from community lots and businesses which make the lots incomplete and unusable 
  • NPCs stealing stuff you're using
  • Items just disappearing without you noticing it until later (reload)

Now, that said. If you feel your post was moved in here unjustified, please do the following

• If you have Eco, please use this thread until this issue has been addressed
  • If you don't have Eco, please create a new thread describing exactly what happens in your game

Related Threads

There's also another issue that causes objects to be swiped. This is your OWN Sim swiping his OWN objects though

@verfens Could this be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-EL-Sim-swiping-own-household-objects-without-klept... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 493 (75,018 Views)

★★ Guide

I'd wonder the same, but my sims haven't been stealing things autonomously without the trait, and it's only really been on the community lot.  Though I did see a klepto sim steal a counter in my own home, (again without a negative reaction, but she had been left alone, what can you do?)  I saw sims steal the community lots sink - and only the sink- 6 times in a row.

Message 3 of 493 (75,011 Views)

Hero
@verfens Do you have any idea what traits the NPCs had ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 493 (74,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have been playing Eco Living since this morning and noticed stuff kept disappearing from my home lot. Just thought it was a random bug, but now I just watched the easter bunny take my couch! My sim's home is slowly getting emptied out by random NPCs. 

I think the renovation NPC took a kitchen counter as well just before. 

In the attached photo you can see how much stuff has disappeared in the house. It is the little house in the Conifer Station area. I haven't done any remodeling except adding the easel. 

Message 5 of 493 (74,949 Views)

Hero
@Knappenaal What action plan do you have in place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 493 (74,916 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, now I feel super stupid. I didn't realize the system until I read the other thread you linked to. I haven't even noticed that the headers are active action plans. Just thought they were random pictures. So sorry. 

Message 7 of 493 (74,905 Views)

Furniture disappears in Evergreen Harbour

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? most recent patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play on a lot in Evergreen Harbour
What happens when the bug occurs? On my lot in Evergreen Harbour furniture will disapear, like my bookshelf or my chess table
What do you expect to see? Furniture should stay at the place i placed them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The new expansion pack "Eco Lifestyle" was just released.

Screenshot attached

Message 8 of 493 (74,217 Views)

Re: Furniture disappears in Evergreen Harbour

Hero
@Lyr1sa What's your neighborhood action plan ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 493 (74,201 Views)

Re: Furniture disappears in Evergreen Harbour

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Sharing is caring and "Autarkie" ( i play in german) - can Sims take things away from me if this is active?
Message 10 of 493 (74,180 Views)