[FIXED] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A.P)

by verfens

Original Post

The Sims 4 Sims Stealing

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite people over and they will always steal something in the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't turn this off or uninstall the Expansion
What do you expect to see? I turned off the ECO items inside the game options; to no avail.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There's not a way to show you a video, because I don't know exactly when a Sim will steal items, but they do it all the time.  I've heard it was an ECO bug that needs to be fixed PRONTO!  It doesn't matter who, as I've seen only certain NPC's steal items, but not true. Visitors of all kinds steal things.

Message 471 of 493 (1,025 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Sims Stealing

★★★★ Expert
@KingRayVeteran As you've seen, it's all broken.

If you want to disable the entire pack, just Google "james turner disable packs", that website will give you instructions how to disable the entire pack without uninstalling it. It's pretty much the same thing.

Disabling the entire pack WILL fix the problem you're having.
Message 472 of 493 (1,014 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

★ Novice

Sims come into my restaurant and start stealing tables , chairs and countertops. It's very annoying.

Message 473 of 493 (982 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★ Apprentice

I also have been having this problem.  At first I thought the issue was the neighborhood action plans that said everything belonged to everyone.  I removed that action plan, and it still happens.  I went to a venue I created months ago and used just fine, but after ECO, I went there and the table my player was sitting at disappeared, meal and all.  fixtures and furniture is missing from the venue.  This feature has to be fixed because it is making the game unplayable 

Message 474 of 493 (946 Views)

Constant disappearance of objects in the game

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Island living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to any venue you created, and play your sim there, when multiple sims are in the location, items disappear. In the latest, my sim was eating at a restaurant, when another sim came to the table. my player and the other sim snapped to standing and the dinner table and food disappeared. I then discovered that many fixtures including sinks, tables and seating were gone.
What happens when the bug occurs? see above, things either disappear while you are using them or just disappear and you discover they are gone. I checked the Neighborhood action plans to be sure that the plan, sharing is caring, is not active. It seems that when something is removed by the game bug in this manner the sims often snap to standing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see that items I place in the world stay without being swiped, especially furniture and fixtures and those things in community lots. I expect the game to work without these bugs and I expect EA games to fully test and make sure there are no bugs when releasing a game. You have made the game practically useless.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Why would you create an update and add a new element of game play, in this case neighborhood action plans, then sell it to us without fixing a major bug like this.  It is more than annoying (an example of annoying is everyone doing pushups all the time) it destroys gameplay.  Venues and lots are changed and cannot easily be repaired, the actions of the active player can change in an instant.  Countless hours and care taken to build venues and set up a gameplay are lost.  

Message 475 of 493 (954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PsychotpsPerfect! Thank you. I knew parameters would come into play one day; just didn't know any of them until now. I only wonder if I'll know when they release a fix, because Origin doesn't make it clear what it's updating.

Message 476 of 493 (889 Views)

Re: Constant disappearance of objects in the game

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@RedphunIt's very typical of EA, I tell you. I been dealing with this game since before EA bought it from ... oh crap, I forgot the original creator. Anyway, they introduce bugs then take forever to fix them.

Message 477 of 493 (888 Views)

★ Guide
@KingRayVeteran Maxis. And yeah EA is absolutely terrible with communication and fixes. Apparently they make enough money they don't have to care about it working. I wish they'd give it back to Maxis.
Message 478 of 493 (868 Views)

★ Guide
@CrypticKam Maxis was very good to us as gamers! Not sure when The Sims came out, but I been playing since 2000. They're not in business anymore ... are they?
Message 479 of 493 (863 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@KingRayVeteran I wouldn't hold my breath. Very likely EA will come out with some other haphazard DLC again that's totally 100% broken, like the last several, before not fixing anything, completely abandoning the game and announcing The Sims 5! Brand-new and shiny game for you to spend all your hard-earned money on!

They're only out for money. Why else would they release completely broken game packs and not fix a single thing?

We should all treat them the same as they treat us. They don't want to support their games? We shouldn't support THEM.

Don't buy anything from EA until they fix their stuff.
Message 480 of 493 (853 Views)