Re: NPCs Continuously Steal Community Sinks with No N.A.P. Permitting Theft

by pxmens

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@verfens wrote:

They mentioned in the livestream that there was a negative potential outcome if you didn't recycle enough with a recycle disciple, and through a few of the streamers who had early access, we confirmed that it was in fact that they would recycle their own furniture if they went too long without recycling. 

Cool, that is more helpful than an opinion.

Message 221 of 493 (1,044 Views)

★ Apprentice

I cannot play my game with this new Ep and it's utter ridiculous. Every public lot is getting wiped out of everything. I worked so hard on making a perfect seafood restaurant and in seconds sims came in and totally emptied it out. I hate this 'feature'

Why isn't EA saying a word and patching a fix!?

Im sick and tired on relying on mods to fix this game, I've spent so much money on. 

Message 222 of 493 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@SarahsShady77I noticed the same thing happening while I was playing Rags to Riches on a new save file. My Sim kept swiping from his own house. I repeat; his own damned house. All of the swiped things disappeared instead of appearing in the inventory or anywhere else.
I also started playing on an older save file of mine. While at it, the visiting boyfriend of my Sim suddenly swiped the table along with the chairs and a sculpture. He doesn't even have the kleptomaniac trait. None of my Sims does. The Sharing is Caring N.A.P has been deactivated, overall autonomous voting for N.A.P has been deactivated for all Sims and the only mod I have installed related to stealing is by littlemssam which is for random stealing of kleptos on owned retail lots - which should not conflict with anything at all.
I have tried everything, even playing vanilla with a new save file but nothing. I have paid 40 EUR for an EP I expected to run smoothly in some way, not to pay for it and suddenly run into a thousand issues.

Message 223 of 493 (971 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

And The Sims 4 Twitter page posted what’s your favorite song in the game? I wanted to say I can’t remember now, MY STEREO KEEPS GETTING STOLEN!!! 😡

Message 224 of 493 (934 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here 😔 My daughters beautiful restaurant was emptied in seconds.  Please fix this 

Message 225 of 493 (884 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yea, it's very broken ATM. I would highly recommend everyone disable NPC Voting in the game settings until this is fixed and make sure to NOT vote for anything. If you already have NAPs enabled, you'll have to manually repeal them all in ALL worlds before things go back to normal.

@simvasion's mod helps a lot but it's just a band-aid. The NAPs need to be fixed. It's best to just turn them all off until it's fixed.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 226 of 493 (864 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem except my issue is at the house I mainly play at the moment. My outside table disappears, the t.v., kitchen sink, laptop, and also some trees in my garden go from full grown in excellent condition back to a sapling. I have all packs including eco. 

Message 227 of 493 (849 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The problem is how do you tell whether they are recycling their own items or stealing and they are disappearing? I have seen no indication that this is a possibility in the game and this shouldn't just be in a stream if it's a feature of that trait. The notification that they successfully took something without drawing attention doesn't tell you what they took or what happened to it. I certainly haven't noticed getting any bits from objects being recycled and I don't have a recycler on the lots where this is happening.

Message 228 of 493 (807 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★ Novice

I'm just super angry... Because my Sim keeps stealing the armchairs, but espically the dog's bowl... So now, they have taken back the dog saying it's not feed enough ! Because each tim my Sim is supposed to feed it... She just steals the food... Like, really ?

And it's just not possible to have the dog back.

I hop they will fix this issue soon.

Message 229 of 493 (796 Views)

★ Guide

@PansekshuElle As someone very helpfully pointed out to me:

A Sim swiping their own stuff = Recycle Disciple trait.
A Sim swiping someone else's stuff = Sharing is Caring NAP.

I have one Sim with Recycle Disciple trait who wipes everything in her mother's house when she come visiting. I no longer let her in and sent her away.

Message 230 of 493 (765 Views)