Re: NPCs Continuously Steal Community Sinks with No N.A.P. Permitting Theft

by Thistle1414

Original Post

★★★ Guide

I saw a notification that one of the kids in the family I’m playing had “successfully swiped” something from her own house... this is without “Sharing is Caring”, and she’s not a kleptomaniac.

She was also taking a bath at the time, so very weird all around.

Message 211 of 493 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just happened again with the same kid... She got out of bed, walked to the corner of the kitchen in her own house and swiped something. I'm not sure what, but I saw the animation, and then the notification popped up like 10 seconds later.

swiping kid.PNG

Her only trait is Recycle Disciple. NAPs in effect are Rock Your Body, Eco-friendly Appliances and Clean Energy Production.

I looked at her active buffs with MCCC and she has a "CivicPolicy... CommunalOwnership" buff. Not sure if that's relevant.

Message 212 of 493 (1,136 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PansekshuElle As someone very helpfully pointed out to me:

A Sim swiping their own stuff = Recycle Disciple trait.
A Sim swiping someone else's stuff = Sharing is Caring NAP.
Message 213 of 493 (1,116 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Thistle1414 wrote:
@PansekshuElleAs someone very helpfully pointed out to me:

A Sim swiping their own stuff = Recycle Disciple trait.
A Sim swiping someone else's stuff = Sharing is Caring NAP.

I’ve seen people saying that, but are they supposed to be doing it? Why are recyclers kleptomaniacs in their own households? Why isn’t it “(Name) successfully recycled an object” instead of just stealing it? What happens to the item? It’s hard to tell if this is a bug or a a bad feature. 

Message 214 of 493 (1,103 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★★★★ Novice
@ShelleyDew me tooo!!!!!
Message 215 of 493 (1,079 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I’m new to this site. Does EA ever chime in? I feel like we’ve been complaining about this since day one on here and social media and they haven’t said a word. 

Message 216 of 493 (1,070 Views)

★★ Guide

So, two answers in 1 go:  

First answer: why does the recycle disciple make sims steal their own things?  more or less its a trait thats less "I love recycling," more "i'm a BOSS BABE and im gonna turn my 5000 couch into a 30 dollar looking prom dress, WHY???!?!? because im my OWN BOSS" kind of trait.  Funny, admittedly and one that does spice things up.  If you recycle enough with your sim, supposedly it won't happen, but if your sim is recycling and still stealing thats a problem for that individual bug thread.

Second answer: why doesn't EA/a guru comment?  Well, there are a lot of bugs, and for the most part we have our community manager, who is not EA affiliated but very tech oriented and good at making sure its actually a bug and not user error (usually mod related).  The only time I've seen EA themselves get involved is if they aren't reliably able to reproduce the bug in house and thereby require saves that have the bug in it to see whats going on.  Make no mistake, they definitely see these threads and care about fixing the game, but as long as they can find the bug themselves they dont necessarily need to ask follow up questions.  The reason they've not said a word is because they don't really give ETA's for bug fix patches.  They want to get them out ASAP, but there are understandably an order that they have to do it in, and furthermore, they want to address as many bugs in one go as possible, as from what i understand bug fixing is like playing 6D Jenga.

Message 217 of 493 (1,053 Views)

★★★ Guide

@verfens wrote:

So, two answers in 1 go:  

First answer: why does the recycle disciple make sims steal their own things?  more or less its a trait thats less "I love recycling," more "i'm a BOSS BABE and im gonna turn my 5000 couch into a 30 dollar looking prom dress, WHY???!?!? because im my OWN BOSS" kind of trait.  Funny, admittedly and one that does spice things up.  If you recycle enough with your sim, supposedly it won't happen, but if your sim is recycling and still stealing thats a problem for that individual bug thread.

...? Is this your opinion? Where is this explanation coming from? Because the description of the trait is about recycling--"These Sims are rabid recyclers that benefit from recycling and rummaging for bits and pieces"--not being a "boss babe" who wants to upcycle a couch into a dress. So are you stating your opinion of what the trait is, or is there any information to back that up?

Message 218 of 493 (1,009 Views)

Sims stealing objects in my house

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco life Discover university Island living Get famous Seasons Cats and dogs City living Get together Get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know it's only started to happen after the update and buying eco lifestyle
What happens when the bug occurs? When I invite a sim to my house or they knock on the door as soon as I let them in they steal my dining table pictures tables or any other objects
What do you expect to see? For sims to come to my house and not steal my property
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought eco life had an update then the sims started to steal after that

When I let a sim into my house they walk round my house and steal my stuff I've had a dining table and chairs taken a sink coffee table pictures etc 

Message 219 of 493 (957 Views)

★★ Guide

They mentioned in the livestream that there was a negative potential outcome if you didn't recycle enough with a recycle disciple, and through a few of the streamers who had early access, we confirmed that it was in fact that they would recycle their own furniture if they went too long without recycling.  As most traits in the game really don't impact the game much, I find it pretty interesting.  The explanation was a humorous take on the negative outcome rather than any official word describing the trait, as that's how I can rationalize recycling your own furniture for bits and pieces, which is, imo, a bit extreme but within reason of a certain personality type.

They key point, is that if this is a bug (ie your sim is recycling and your sim is still stealing from their own belongings to "recycle" them,) comments about it should go in its own thread to keep feedback about separate potential issues with other issues with the same part of the game.  Alternatively, the trait can simply be 'overtuned' and overactive, which can also be addressed in that thread.  

Message 220 of 493 (914 Views)