Re: Npc's randomly stealing

by DragonWolf5589

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★ Apprentice

I ran into this for the first time last night. I have Eco, but I have never had the sharing is caring NAP in effect, in any world/neighbour hood. My sim lives in port promise (EH) and went out with another sim to a bar I have in the spice district (SM). Tables and their chairs, countertops, bar stools and even the stereo playing music had all been taking in the first couple of minutes of me hitting play. Very frustrating and upsetting, knowing this is happening. Makes me not want to go to other lots because i will have to go back and fix all the lots at some point..

Message 171 of 493 (3,427 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★★★★ Novice

Well, good news is that turning off NPC voting and cheat repealing the Sharing is Caring N.A,P. has worked for me. No more disappearing sinks. Sharing is Caring was active from very early on cause NPCs voted it in first in spite of my efforts to prevent it.

Message 172 of 493 (3,413 Views)

Re: NPCs Continuously Steal Community Sinks with No N.A.P. Permitting Theft

★★★★★ Novice

I think this has probably been addressed here, but WTF...

Just opened a restaurant with 2x 2-tops and a 4-top with a nice piano from entertainer career and a nice bar with 4 barstools. My second day of operations an npc food critic stole my piano, and two other npcs stole all my barstools my 4-top and a 2-top plus the chairs that went with them two counters and the tea maker from the kitchen. I get the NAP and what it's supposed to do, bit seriously? I had two customers and they stole all my sh*t. This is a bit out of hand don't you think?

There's got to be a way to allow the NAP and curb npcs from looting places bare. If this continues it will not be worth playing...

Message 173 of 493 (3,411 Views)

Swiping when no Kleptomaniac trait bug

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except: tiny living, moschino, luxury party stuff and backyard stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by inviting sims over and they will steal objects soon enough
What happens when the bug occurs? sims keep coming into my house (if i invite them over or throw a party for exmple) swiping objects that you wouldn't normally be able to swipe such as, counter tops, tables, sofas, chairs but also teapots and they've also stolen some birth certificates i had up for the 100 baby challenge (which is what's the most infuriating). I then switched to play as a couple of households (the rest aren't in the world) who had stolen items and found some of the stolen objects in their household inventory. The sims also had the "thrill of the swipe" moodlet, saying it was from their kleptomaniac trait (when they don't even have one!)
What do you expect to see? sims not stealing especially when they don't have the trait to do so
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When i went back to take a screenshot of them showing the kleptomaniac trait moodlet, it had gone so sorry about that one. I did have some mods that i've now removed but the same problems are persisting so i don't think it's to do with them?

I think it might have something to do with the eco lifestyle pack as my sims in a different save with the recycler trait have swiped their own objects and they've vanished however, this isn't exactly the same for reasons i've described above so i'm not sure.

Message 174 of 493 (3,395 Views)

Re: The sims 4 Eco Lifestyle all objects disappearing with/without sharing is ca

★★★ Guide
@SirRoasted there is a mod on Mod The Sims, it changes what can be stolen to only dog toys.
But i take no responsibility for the use of that mod. Wink
Message 175 of 493 (3,359 Views)

Npc's randomly stealing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Base:1.63.136.1010 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have:eco livestyle, university,get famous, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, realm of magic, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, tiny living, laundry day, todler stuff, bowling night, vintige glamour, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, romantic gardon stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff and both of the free packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to eny type of lot even residential put some stuff down and wait for npc's to show up.
What happens when the bug occurs? The npc steals stuff. It's been table, couch or even a computer before. It seems to be very random
What do you expect to see? Solving the fact that npc's randomly steal stuff
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco lifestyle

At first i though it was my mc comand center and ui extension i had in my game but i removed both repaired and updated the game. And started playing with no mods for few hours and it still kept hapening.

Message 176 of 493 (3,372 Views)

★★ Guide

@lietjesims This sounds like it's coming from the Sharing is Caring N.A.P., which lets any Sim swipe anything anywhere. Currently, Sims can be "tagged" with a policy's effects just by traveling to neighborhoods where it's active (even if they don't live in a neighborhood where it's enacted). It's a really frustrating bug:/ 

I've had this issue tooFrown While my Sim was in uni, Foxberry commons was cleaned-out, and almost everything was swiped from my dorm room. I'm really hoping that they fix the travel bug and tune Sharing is Caring so it doesn't affect dorms/community spaces etc. 

Message 177 of 493 (3,353 Views)

★★★ Novice

not sure if its a bug but its very annoying and unfair

i just went to visit a "friend" which was a house i used to live in bevfore i moved lots and moved in another household.

ive found since 1.63 game version, households giving birth to babies even though they have no space or beds

but more important,  ive gont to find lots 100% UNFURNISHED as EVERYTHING has gone! 

what i dont get, is in the neighbourhood i can vote in, sharing is caring is OFF, but i cant vote in other neigbourhoods, but npcs from other neighbour hoods CAN.

i know i can turn off npc voting but then that takes away the fun of everything else as its .. just me.. so no point having a voting system.

EA needs to 1- stop allowing npcs to steal my sinks, kitchen counters, toilets etc or at least let ME steal THEIRS (yeh, npcs can steal EVERYTHING but YOU cant, its only certain objects)

but other npcs steal EVERYTHING from ANY lots, ive had to turn the whole thinkg off and edit 100% of lots checking every world as its affected all lots everywhere!

theres now so many bugs i cant enjoy playing it with the fetures turned on.

Message 178 of 493 (3,286 Views)

Champion
@DragonWolf5589 it sounds like when you moved, you just took all the furniture with you, leaving the house unfurnished. It's unlikely that sims stole everything from the lot.

Sims can only steal things while you're actively visiting on the lot - there's no NPC unseen stealing mechanic from lots which haven't been loaded up.
Message 179 of 493 (3,263 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nope. At least I don't think so... I refurnished it from a 1 bed to a 2 bed after I moved lots. At least I thought I did as there's an extra bedroom. Unless the game didn't save properly or something? 

But if you read some the comments looks like lot people having stuff going missing from community lots too so wasn't sure if this is another/related bug. 

Either way every lot im going to have to edit to reads ton stuff that's gone missing (and I don't use CC either as I could understand that)

Might have to take screenshots.. Let game run for a few sim weeks or so.. And then compare screenshots and see if anything/what is different etc.

I also got a bug where a house I never played had a toddler and a cat and said it was my household but not sure when or why so I just deleted the household to fix my save so not sure if that did anything 

Message 180 of 493 (3,258 Views)