Re: The sims 4 Eco Lifestyle all objects disappearing with/without sharing is ca

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: Furniture disappearing from household

★★ Pro

@Treble_Maker1114  Sadly, yes. When Sharing is Caring has been activated in any residential neighborhood you've visited or your own, your things will be stolen. The current bug regarding that is I'm pretty sure only YOUR N.A.P. should be active in your own neighborhood, however this is not the case. The more neighborhoods you visit, the more N.A.P.'s you (and the NPC's around you) will be affected by. So say you visit another neighborhood and they have the Sharing is Caring N.A.P. going, that stealing is going to start back up until you cheat to instant repeal it from that neighborhood as well. I don't think that was how they meant for it to be. I'm pretty sure they only meant for the neighborhood you are currently in to be the way people react.

However, yes. The Sharing is Caring makes people steal objects around them, even wild harvestables or YOUR harvestables. People walking by your house will go into your yard and snag things so a fence is a must. Locking your doors seemed to help as well, leaving people you invite over chatting with you in front of your front door for your social, but at least they aren't stealing your stuff.

There are three ways out of this situation. 1) Constantly shift click on a N.A.P. board in a community center lot and instantly repeal any unwanted N.A.P.'s as they pop up. 2) Turn off NPC voting under options > Eco Lifestyle gamplay and restarting the game from a fresh start/reverting to a save before you started playing Eco Lifestyle. In the case of the second option please remember to turn off their ability to vote BEFORE either restarting with a fresh save file/reverting back to a previous one. Otherwise there WILL be votes on the boards and things WILL pass at least once. 3) Turn off the NPC voting and go to each and every neighborhood to force repeal out all the current N.A.P's, at which point they will no longer be voted in anymore and it will be like a fresh save file.

1 is if you want to continue to allow NPC's to pick N.A.P.'s. 2 and 3 are if you don't want NPC's to vote or deal with N.A.P.'s at all. Keep in mind that even with autonomy off, your SIMS will continually try to follow any current N.A.P. Also with N.A.P. voting turned off, it WILL say a 0 voted N.A.P. went through, but if you check the boards it does not actually go through. So don't be startled if that happens.

Message 141 of 493 (2,551 Views)

Re: The sims 4 Eco Lifestyle all objects disappearing with/without sharing is ca

★★★★★ Novice

Who thought this was cool?

Message 142 of 493 (2,536 Views)

Sims stealing furniture & Lag

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine our, Spa Day, Tiny Living, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It started happening before Eco Lifestyle, happened with one of the recent updates, Sims go to the backyard, sims home, & community lots and steals furniture
What happens when the bug occurs? Furniture is being stolen on almost every lot, can’t send random sim home quick enough before it happens. I’ve tried to disable NPC Voting, but every time I do the game freezes. It’s been very laggy as well, game play, build mode, and using certain objects (the lag happens 80% of the time.
What do you expect to see? An update to fix all of the bugs that have been happening and fix Sharing is Caring. Maybe have Neighborhood sims ask to share something? Maybe not borrow things that every house and household needs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.26 patch

Furniture is being stolen on almost every lot, can’t send random sim home quick enough before it happens. I’ve tried to disable NPC Voting, but every time I do the game freezes. It’s been very laggy as well, game play, build mode, and using certain objects (the lag happens 80% of the time. I’ve quit the game, restarted PS4 and nothing. Hope this can be fixed soon since I can’t Disable the NPC Voting without my game freezing. 

Message 143 of 493 (2,391 Views)

★★ Pro

@RDMAJ1990  Oh my GOD! Your instant, to the point, response made me laugh. What takes me paragraphs to feel I've fully expressed my outrage and frustration was so nicely and neatly summed up with five words. Thank you for that.

Message 144 of 493 (2,505 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@RDMAJ1990 Not me.

I didn't even know about the "Sharing is Caring" NAP until after the "Welcome Wagon" showed up and started looting my house.
Message 145 of 493 (2,492 Views)

★★ Pro

As a whole, I think the SIMS 4 community is absolutely fed up and at a breaking point with N.A.P.'s across the board. This one in particular is game breaking. While others are frustrating in their own right, some wrecking relationships with fake bad news, nothing quite beats having to restart an entire save file because everything has been pillaged to their bare bones structures. It's in that moment when you realize, you forgot to save a Lot before opening for business and the place has been cleaned out must have been incredible tough for one simmer who wrote their experiences with this N.A.P. One UK player outright exercised his legal software rights to get a refund! When people stop playing and are demanding refunds where they can legally get them, you KNOW you've done something really wrong.

What's so sad is just how excited the community had been and eager for the concepts behind Eco Lifestyle. I actually had a bit of a bad feeling when I noticed they only had base game and Eco Lifestyle set up in the official game play live stream. Sure enough parents won't interact with their toddlers and pets everywhere suddenly think they are SIMS, disappear from their home lots, and require being called on the phone (asking them to hang out), just to get them back! *laughs* I also noticed they only played in their single neighborhoods, switching to different saves to show off other neighborhoods. We should have all seen that as a red flag that they weren't visiting other neighborhoods to realize doing so would suddenly start stacking up the different N.A.P.'s.

Message 146 of 493 (2,446 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Robbed in real life. This has to be thee worst expansion pack in the history of the Sims franchise. I genuinely feel like I wasted my money. 

Message 147 of 493 (2,440 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Bug occuring since: Eco-Living, owning all expansion, game packs and stuff packs. 

Bug: Community lots are completely unusable because of the Sharing is Caring N.A.P.

I think people have expressed their outrage enough on this matter, seems like I'm not the only one whose savefile has completely been destroyed through the Sharing is Caring N.A.P.

Residential areas are completely empty and not working anymore. Students do not have the possibility to eat because the cafeterias are not functional anymore. Dorms are completely empty, same with private homes of sims but at least I can lock them (which is sub-optimal too since they can't have guests anymore). Even when I take the time to fix the community areas, 24 ingame hours later, it's been looted again. Even when the sharing is caring N.A.P is not active. But even if it is, this is game-breaking and should not happen.

The community lots in my savefile are completely destroyed and I am less than motivated to fix them. 

Honestly, how this made it past development and game testing is beyond me.  This should not only be fixed, but there should be a possibility to restore community areas to the way they were before they got emptied out. 

Message 148 of 493 (2,404 Views)

Re: Sims stealing furniture & Lag

Hero
@Pipana1213 I merged your post with the 'stealing' thread.

For your other issue, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Turning-off-NPC-voting-causes-my-game-to-freeze/m-p/920961...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 149 of 493 (2,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@RDMAJ1990I know right,sharing is caring has screwed up soooo much; I wish there was a mod just to delete that stupid part. I have houses that have been cleaned out like a holiday out of business sale.

Message 150 of 493 (2,319 Views)