by epdaly11

Original Post

Re: [ECO] NPC Autonomy commodities incorrectly being saved on Sims

Hero
@epdaly11 Yeah, they have commodities still

Grandma: Homecooking
The Mom: CreativeArts, MusicArts, Homecooking
Kids and Dad seem fine

So, guess all you can do is fix them with one of the methods from the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 50 (2,072 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you so much for taking the time to look into it. I appreciate it.💚
Message 22 of 50 (2,040 Views)

Hero
@epdaly11 I tested the scenario of disabling the pack and then placing the family in a new game. That removes the commodities.

So you could disable the pack: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs (Eco is EP09), place the family in the game, load the family, save, then exit and enable the pack again.

You'll also loose any clothing/traits from the pack you've been using on them but you can re-set those afterwards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 50 (2,013 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict thank you so much. I will do that💚
Message 24 of 50 (1,987 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] NPC Autonomy commodities incorrectly being saved on Sims

★★ Apprentice

With so many problems coming from the ECO game pack and the inability or unwillingness of EA games to fix this, perhaps they could give us our money back for this new game.  These fixes are too time consuming and made a perfectly good game useless.  

Message 25 of 50 (1,910 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Basemental has made a mod with which you can remove all the stuck commodities with one convenient cheat. I know it's a mod but it's a mod you don't have to keep in. Plop it in, remove the commodities, take it out (I know, sorry console players)

• Download the mod, unzip and put in your mods folder
  • Make sure that ScriptMods are enabled in your game options
  • Backup your saves
  • Start the affected save game
  • Open the Cheat Console with Ctrl-Shift-C
  • Type: fix_stuck_naps
  • Close the cheat console with Ctrl-Shift-C
  • Save your game
  • Close the game
  • Remove the mod.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to link the mod itself but it's now up on ModTheSims. Search for  Basemental Stuck N.A.P's Fix there

The mod doesn't prevent it from happening again if you play rotationally so try the suggestions in this thread on how to prevent it from happening again but it DOES fix all existing saves that still have stuck commodities from the old bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 50 (1,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict, thanks so much for posting this. It sounds like the best solution, even for those who don't usually use mods.

Unfortunately, I was about two thirds through the long, painstaking fix to the NAP contagion when I got error code 134 so I haven't been able to play at all for the past couple of weeks. When - if - that is ever fixed I will use this as a shortcut.

Message 27 of 50 (1,837 Views)

[open]Sim interrupts ongoing activity to do other things like play the violin

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? New game. Play with a sim and let a N.A.P. be chosen (for maximum effect have the Support the performing arts N.A.P.). Let the N.A.P. be active for a bit so the sim starts doing the N.A.P. related things (practice acting, play the violin - no need for one in inventory, they just have it... etc.). You can repeal the N.A.P., disable N.A.P. effects, anything, the sim will continue to perform those actions all the time. Have the sim write a book, or do any long term action (even eating), the sim will interrupt just to perform actions related to the N.A.P. Can't finish milestones that require '2 hours straight', can't do work assignments, can't do any activity that requires the sim to continuously work on something, without the sim stopping to perform random stuff.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim stops assigned activity without player intervention.
What do you expect to see? Sim continues activity until sim becomes uncomfortable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims seem to pick up hidden traits that make them do certain things depending on the active N.A.P. in the neighbourhoods they live and spend enough time in. Those random actions they decide to do interrupt whatever activity the payer has assigned to the sim and sometimes the interruption is not only in-game time consuming but also makes achieving certain things impossible. I've turned off autonomy as well, yet it doesn't matter - the sim suddenly has a mind of their own and it's not even a smart one since they stop eating, or forget about the food to do random stuff even though they are starving. Please remove the hidden traits. This idea of independent sudden actions from the sims triggered by an active N.A.P. (or a NAP that used to be active) is bad on many levels. First of all, it obviously opens up the gameplay to these sort of game-breaking bugs. Secondly, it's a bad idea even if it works properly, meaning the random actions go away if the NAP goes away. I don't want my sim stopping from an activity, to do stuff I did not assign them to do. From the playing violing one for example the sim doesn't even get the fun up - it's like a bad idle that just won't go away. 

Message 28 of 50 (1,826 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Raynn0124 or anyone else, my Sim keeps cradling this weird black object in his arms. I can't work out what NAP it's related to - what could it be? I've repealed creative arts and performing arts on pretty much all my sims by now, because they were the most pernicious in my game. It's not an insect house related object - too big and he's at Foxbury and doesn't have one.
Message 29 of 50 (1,729 Views)

Hero
@KLoxxon Do you have a pic ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 50 (1,714 Views)