Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] NPC Autonomy commodities incorrectly being saved on Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two households of played Sims in different neighbourhoods. Enact NAPs that grant NPC autonomy with household A. Invite Sim(s) from household B to lot A. Switch households (from A to B) while the Sim(s) from household B are still on lot A.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim(s) from household B now have NPCAutonomy commodities that push NAP-related actions on them. These actions interrupt player-directed actions, and ignore the autonomy off setting.
What do you expect to see? Active/Played Sims not exhibiting autonomous behaviours intended only for NPCs (especially when it interrupts player-directed actions, or ignores autonomy settings).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle

I used the ItaSimInfo mod for some saves, to view the commodities: commodity_Civic_Policy_Effect_NPCAutonomy_[NAP].

The commodity gets stuck on ANY Sim that's loaded in the zone when switching households.  It clears properly (from NPCs) if the Sim leaves the zone or the NAP is repealed while they're present, so Sims can be temporarily fixed by inviting them back over and sending them home normally or repealing the offending NAP.  Given that most Sims get affected as random walk-bys, this makes over half of the NAPs essentially unusable by rotational players.

The NAPs that do this:

• Juiced Community
  • Back to the Old Days
  • Rock Your Body (and Mind)
  • Support the Performing Arts!
  • Tech Support
  • Promote Creative Arts
  • Foodies Unite!
  • Self-Sufficiency
  • Fun-Loving Community
  • Free Love
  • Roughhousing Encouraged
  • Sharing is Caring

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 50 (20,544 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Nonstop Doing NAP Actions - 0 NAP Programs in Effect

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did a quick test on one of the saves that had stuck commodities .. they were gone.

Will need to do further testing but I'm cautiously optimistic that this is indeed fixed.

Tested needed

• Do they still get stuck when playing rotationally --> Commodities being removed properly now
  • Are they still stuck on Sims downloaded from the Gallery --> Commodities being removed properly now

Going to mark this as fixed for now.

Please make a new thread if you still have issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 49 of 50 (12,641 Views)

All Replies

Re: [ECO] NPC Autonomy commodities incorrectly being saved on Sims

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Raynn0124 Thanks for making a report.

Going to list the individual threads we had before the patch here in case people want to me too those still:

There's several options to get rid of them, depending on whether you want to use mods or not.

1. Google Simvasions mods to fix ECO autonomy. Those should help permanently.
  2. Add TwistedMexis AllCheats mod to your game and remove the commodities from the affected Sims. You can do this on each Sim (just enter the cheat when the Sim is active) when you switch active Sims.
    stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_Policy_Effect_NPCAutonomy_<Name of the NAP>
    Possible Values for Name of NAP: JuicedCommunity, TechnologicalProgress, HomeCooking, .. (would need to look up the rest)
  3. Use the method described in the first post. Basically have a lot that has the offending NAPs and invite Sims over and make sure they leave the lot before you switch back households. That should also get rid of them

Unfortunately, I haven't found any efficient method to get rid of them and it's only worth doing to families you play at the time as it's a only temporary unless you use Simvasions mods.

It might help to make sure that all Sims leave a lot before you switch households but as it also affects random walkbys, that might be difficult to do

EDIT: Basemental has made a mod with which you can remove all the stuck commodities with one convenient cheat. I know it's a mod but it's a mod you don't have to keep in. Plop it in, remove the commodities, take it out.

• Download the mod, unzip and put in your mods folder
  • Make sure that ScriptMods are enabled in your game options
  • Backup your saves
  • Start the affected save game
  • Open the Cheat Console with Ctrl-Shift-C
  • Type: fix_stuck_naps
  • Close the cheat console with Ctrl-Shift-C
  • Save your game
  • Close the game
  • Remove the mod.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to link the mod itself but it's now up on ModTheSims. Search for  Basemental Stuck N.A.P's Fix there

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 50 (20,411 Views)

Re: Disabling NPC Voting doesn't work - ECO Lifestyle

★★★ Novice

I have revoked all npc's and disabled all that I could in the settings in regards to eco lifestyle. My sims still disregard given commands to play guitars/violins, play on the computer, or do pushups/stretch. These bugs are NOT fixed with the latest update. Game is basically unplayable at this point due to eco lifestyle. 

Message 3 of 50 (20,340 Views)

Hero
@jennifersruby Moving this over to the current thread on the issue with NAPs

Existing save do still have issues but maybe solutions above help you to make it better

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 50 (20,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Raynn0124 and Crinrict, thanks for this post.

Do you think there is any hope a future patch will fix this, or is it a matter of cleaning up our saves as best we can ourselves?

Message 5 of 50 (20,302 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

There's several options to get rid of them, depending on whether you want to use mods or not.

1. Google Simvasions mods to fix ECO autonomy. Those should help permanently.
  2. Add TwistedMexis AllCheats mod to your game and remove the commodities from the affected Sims. You can do this on each Sim (just enter the cheat when the Sim is active) when you switch active Sims.
    stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_Policy_Effect_NPCAutonomy_<Name of the NAP>
    Possible Values for Name of NAP: JuicedCommunity, TechnologicalProgress, HomeCooking, .. (would need to look up the rest)
  3. Use the method described in the first post. Basically have a lot that has the offending NAPs and invite Sims over and make sure they leave the lot before you switch back households. That should also get rid of them

Unfortunately, I haven't found any efficient method to get rid of them and it's only worth doing to families you play at the time as it's a only temporary unless you use Simvasions mods.

It might help to make sure that all Sims leave a lot before you switch households but as it also affects random walkbys, that might be difficult to do

If the offending NAPs are repealed (in all neighbourhoods; and NPC voting is turned off), then Sims won't get re-infected.  It's only a problem to leave the NAPs in place (unfortunately, 12 of the 19 NAPs are "offending"):

• Juiced Community (Bartending) "JuicedCommunity"
  • Back to the Old Days (Reading Mystery Novels) "OldDays"
  • Rock Your Body (and Mind) (Pushups, Stretching) "SelfCare"
  • Support the Performing Arts! (Playing Instruments (phantom guitar/violin), Practice Acting?) "MusicArts"
  • Tech Support (Practice Programming, Replicator Future Cubes) "TechnologicalProgress"
  • Promote Creative Arts (Painting, Using Tablet, Taking Selfies, Tribbles of Clay) "CreativeArts "
  • Foodies Unite! (Baking cakes. So many cakes, Drinking milk?, Also peas? (when the stove is stolen, er, "Cared for")) "HomeCooking"
  • Self-Sufficiency (Gardening (visitors harvesting crops), Herbalism (De-stressing Concoctions)) "SelfSufficient"
  • Fun-Loving Community (Fake Bad News (and other mischief)) "FunCommunity"
  • Free Love (Flirting/Romance) "FreeLove"
  • Roughhousing Encouraged (Fighting) "Aggression"
  • Sharing is Caring (Swiping everything including the kitchen sink) "CommunalOwnership"

Repealing the NAP while the affected Sims are on the lot as NPCs also clears them - this can be done with regular cheats (no mods required).  If I had to do this again, I'd use it as an excuse to have parties - invite over as many Sims as you can handle, pause the game, and cheat enact/repeal any NAPs they're infected with..

• testingcheats enable
  • shift-click the mailbox
  • "Instant Repeal Neighborhood Action Plan (Cheat)..." (Enact it first if necessary)

There are usually few, if any, walkbys in the middle of the night, so always switching households then would be safer, although not guaranteed.

Message 6 of 50 (20,245 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Raynn0124 Simvasions Eco Autonomy works like a dream. I have never used Mods, I am converted. Once I have played all my active families can I remove the mod?
Message 7 of 50 (20,210 Views)

★★★ Guide

@therhythmicbabe If you have NPC voting disabled, and none of the autonomy NAPs are active in any of your neighbourhoods, then it should be safe to remove the mod.  If the NAPs are active in any neighbourhood that you play in though, Sims can possibly get re-infected.

The mod is certainly the fastest/easiest way to fix things.  I tend to bring up the cheat method more because it also works for players who can/t/won't use mods (like console players).

Message 8 of 50 (20,193 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Raynn0124Quick follow-up question. I am systematically revoking all NAPs in all neighbourhoods.NPC voting is already turned off, so Is it OK to leave them with no NAPs, or should I enact the 'safe ones' across all neighbourhoods?

Message 9 of 50 (20,183 Views)

Hero
@KLoxxon I don't know when they fix what how quickly and how it affects existing saves so it's really up to you if you want to fix it.

Personally, I would just fix them as I go along and make sure to have an empty lot before switching.

You don't need to have any NAPs so turning voting off is the best way to prevent further issues until this issue is also fixed

Revoking them only fix Sims that are actually on the lot when you do it so even if you revoke them all, you'll probably still end up with affected Sims.

I wish there was a way to use the commodity cheat on all Sims in one go.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 50 (20,133 Views)