[FIXED] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@sjofn77I'm not quite sure, the issue could well be more complicated than we thought. Now that you mention it, when my sim first got obsessed with NAP related activities she was not interrupting anything either, just did it whenever she didn't have anything else queued up. Incidently it was also gardening. Every visiting sim went straight to the grill and prepared a herbalism potion and left it there, that was weird, and I didn't really connect any of it to the NAPs. The first time I noticed the interruption was when I switched to a different family, played a teen till his birthday and sent him off to university. Shortly before he moved out the rock your body NAP has been enacted, and he seems to have taken it with him to the Britechester campus. Those activities were constant and interrupting everything. Getting this dude through uni was tough. While there, other NAPs got enacted, including arts, performing arts and sharing is caring. When he finished uni he moved in with his gf (the sim with gardening I mentioned above). And that's where all heck broke loose. I didn't pay too close attention to what exactly interrupted activities and what didn't. I know for a fact that fitness activities were intrusive, and I'm pretty sure my sim dropped some activity to go practice acting instead.

That was a long way of saying, you may be right and it happens because of rotational playstyle, but my guess is that some of the NAPs' activities are "polite" enough to wait until the sim has time for them, and others just butt in.

Message 81 of 255 (1,309 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

★ Pro

Following NAPs don't have any effects on your Sim (i.e. they don't add hidden traits): We Wear Bags, Green Initiatives (EH only), Power & Water Conservation. Now what happens if I visit another (fun-loving or juiced) neighborhood on a wednesday? Or is even monday 6 pm save?

Message 82 of 255 (1,301 Views)

★ Guide
@kusurusu That's interesting info. I guess only the behavor-changing NAPs stick around and spread. I also just remembered that I had the eco-friendly appliances NAP in place at some point where a sim would come by and check out my stuff and then decide whether it was up to code (it wasn't^^). I got fed up with it and repealed it, and this actually stopped. And yes, I also had the bags NAP in one of the neighborhoods, and it didn't spread. I guess not all NAPs are the problem but only those that add hidden traits to sims. And We Wear Bags must be functioning differently then.
Message 83 of 255 (1,294 Views)

★ Pro
@catatemyname I'd like to play past monday 6 pm without gaining any NAP traits (and I'm on console). Getting restricted to first 34 hours is no fun.
Message 84 of 255 (1,281 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@catatemyname Power conservation, water conservation, and we wear bags are the only ones that don't add hidden traits to sims. ALL others do. And they're all bugged.
Message 85 of 255 (1,264 Views)

Not able to deactivate NAPs

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? random NAPs were assigned to neighborhoods all over the world after installing eco living, but deactivating the feature in the options has no effect.
What happens when the bug occurs? Because of the NAP sharing is caring my property is stolen by visiting sims on my business lot.
What do you expect to see? Deactivation of all NAP if i deactivate the feature in the games options.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. ECO Living

So here's my problem.

My sim lives in an apartment in San Mishuno, but owns a business property (get to work) in Newcrest.

After Eco Living was installed, random NAPs were assigned to neighborhoods all over the world.

For example, the neighborhood where my business property is located was assigned the NAP "Sharing is Caring".

This means that all Sims who buy from me, can take my furniture and equipment with them. Because Sharing is Caring allows theft.

But since my Sim does not live in Newcrest, he cannot vote to remove this NAP. He can only vote for NAPs in San Mishuno because he lives there.

So I figured, well, I'll just disable the ECO Living features in the game from the options menu.

But to my surprise this has no effect. Disabling in the options has no effect on the behavior of the Sims, the already assigned NAPs seem to remain active anyway and so my furnishings are still stolen.

I need a way to delete the already active NAPs in the worlds so that none of my customers steal my furniture.

Message 86 of 255 (1,257 Views)

Re: Not able to deactivate NAPs

Hero
@GeistSdD I'm merging this with NAP issue thread.

AFAIK you can only disable NPC voting so you can have what you want but you would need to go to every world and remove every single NAP there is currently.

People aren't having much luck with that either though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 87 of 255 (1,244 Views)

Champion

@sjofn77 wrote:

I've had the bug where all the NPC sims are doing ALL THE NAPS, but I'm not having the bug where my played Sims are dropping what they're doing to do NAP-approved things? My Sims are quite happy to do whatever I tell them to do as normal and only take it upon themselves to mess around with, say, gardening if their queue is clear of anything. Are you guys that are experiencing that playing rotationally or something?

I'm playing rotationally and it's not happening to me either - my currently played sims do not do any autonomous NAP actions. The hidden NAP traits and buffs they get do not affect their autonomy -  they only allow addition of influence points. My sims actions are not interrupted.

People who are experiencing their active sims doing things related to NAPs or being interrupted are probably experiencing some other bug or it's caused by something they have that I don't have (e.g. other mods?).

Message 88 of 255 (1,172 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I disabled NPC voting in the Game option, but the NAPs that are allready assigned to the world are not influenced by that.

"would need to go to every world and remove every single NAP there is currently."

How do I do that if no sim is living in the neighborhood and therefore can not do any voting? 

Message 89 of 255 (1,148 Views)

Hero
@GeistSdD I'm frankly not sure. Cheat ? Testingcheats - Shift click on boards/mailbox ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 90 of 255 (1,135 Views)