[FIXED] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: Sims NAPs too powerful- won’t stop baking cakes, grilling or exercising.

★★ Guide

@emdings The creative and tech ones are like this too:/ My Sim drops anything I tell her to do to play with a guitar or tablet (which she doesn't have), dance, play with clay, practice writing, or code. 

Message 71 of 255 (1,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is happening to me too. Btw, I’m on console so mods and cc cannot be the cause of it on PC. Sims are dropping everything to do N.A.P. related actions. It’s getting so out of hand that they can’t be controlled. 

Message 72 of 255 (1,396 Views)

Hero
@emdings They have a bug hence I'm merging your thread.

Please check the second post of this thread for other threads you may like to me too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 255 (1,372 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@LonaBoomBack again Update...
My game is still doing good.

no spawning clay
no spawning cube
no flirting and kissing
no stealing
no chaos

Everything is back to normal

I'm playing my game on PC and I don't have any MOD

Message 74 of 255 (1,335 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@simvasion Yea, I think the NAPs have corrupted some of my sims. I went through ALL 42 neighborhoods in that save, repealing about 40-50 NAPs and made sure none are enacted in any of them and they're still spawning lumps of clay.

I have other saves that have never had any and they're all fine.

NAPs are just bad. I'll likely never use them again.
Message 75 of 255 (1,315 Views)

★ Guide

does that mean they fixed it? I see no mention to anything in their patch notes today not even a acknowledgement that this happened

either way i guess i am reloading my old Pre-Eco save for the third time to test if my world will be trashed. if so i will try the mods....

Message 76 of 255 (1,262 Views)

★★ Guide
@Myhideout No fix yet. This pack is so bad and permanently alters sims. It’s best not to have the pack installed at this point.

Another add on to obsessive behavior is if you have gardening NAP voted then they obsessively harvest the garden any chance they get.
Message 77 of 255 (1,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

what a disappointment i know for a fact my newest save that has been played through the week still has insane autonomy interrupts due to them corrupting the sims, this his new attempt however i am adding the naps and seeing if it recreates the glitch this time i have the Eco options turned off and only i can decide but i firmly believe that sharing is caring must go  either that or  they  rename it in no way is that sharing or showing any form of caring its a sick joke....

So far only swipes on a public lot was a kleptomaniac haven't noticed any auto interrupts with both settings off i am not seeing the NAPS being applied if I did not vote.

with sharing is caring, and foodie united  active in my neighborhood i invited the maximum sims i could over. i lost 5 counter tops a couch a table and possibly more its a big place also 1 cake was made. they actually were eating it. i wasn't seeing that before. maybe this was the intended game play i failed to experience first and second time around.... this was using my actual backup save with some mods.

if i revert to my save i started when the Eco update hit and used all week  same sims remain messed up and some completely normal.

i do not know its too soon to tell if the same result will happen again the first times i had the Eco Voting settings for voting on and the world one on that is just too many locations affected for all packs and expansions and i was all over the place messing around in the messed up sim save. outside of testing i am avoiding this feature till they get it right... it is actually a little scary to use.

last edit going to bed after idk  how many hours the sims finally have become obsessed after visiting them via their front door with another household now they are back to cooking and and mixing drinks like mad while i was visiting i switch back to them they are never completing stuff  just making messes hopping between n.a.p actions and the sims stuck with it same as before. either way done for now -_-

Message 78 of 255 (1,161 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@goldwineI now got around to test if the NAPs are being enacted with NPC voting off. And it seems they don't! The first one in the list is projected to win, and announced as winner, but when I check the action plans no NAPs are listed. I'll have to play some more to see If the effect is secretly applied.

Message 79 of 255 (1,074 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've had the bug where all the NPC sims are doing ALL THE NAPS, but I'm not having the bug where my played Sims are dropping what they're doing to do NAP-approved things? My Sims are quite happy to do whatever I tell them to do as normal and only take it upon themselves to mess around with, say, gardening if their queue is clear of anything. Are you guys that are experiencing that playing rotationally or something?

edited to add:

A related bug, incidentally: child Sims will sometimes whip out a camera or painting tablet when that one art NAP is active, and it makes their whole bodies stretch as they're not for children and it's kinda freaky.

Message 80 of 255 (1,024 Views)