Re: Sims are buggy with eco-living update!

by ArchXDiablo

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

According to SimGuruNick, they are working on it  , thank you Nick.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1280921357342011392?s=20

"You're talking about this link, right? QA has seen the same issue and the team is working on it, thanks! https://

To EA :
But it is not very commercial to inform the customers only via a tweet when hundreds, thousands? of simgamers who can no longer play,

This addon cost almost 40 euros (I'm in France) = $ 45 and I lost the pleasure of playing 

You are working on it, ok  fix the problem
While waiting for you to solve the problem,  I would no longer buy any game, pack, addons sold by EA.

Message 241 of 255 (1,168 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Koliofranne exactly my opinion! greets from germany 😊
Message 242 of 255 (1,158 Views)

★ Guide
@Koliofranne Basically he is still only putting out words also it has been nothing but silence there all month as well.
in a month we went from investigating then they are working on a fix. may be available soon may be another 2 months it doesn't even matter to me anymore i have played a month with 0 issues and the N.A.P.s were pointless to begin with my issue is they fix garbage bugs and destructive bugs they take forever on those.
they sure are not going to delay their next pack messing with this stuff they got to ready their next pay spike.
had they not given the option to disable those NAPS and just choose i would have quit.
Message 243 of 255 (1,114 Views)

Sims are buggy with eco-living update!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs, Laundry Day, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play any household with the eco-living pack installed
What happens when the bug occurs? For some reason my sim keeps giving her girlfriend fake bad news, even with autonomy off, practicing programming and playing video games even with autonomy off, and future cubes keep spawning in my sims inventory - and I'm taking like forty future cubes.
What do you expect to see? This not to happen! No random future cubes, no out of character programming and no being mean to other sims. Relationship status is dropping fast.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Living

For some reason my sim keeps giving her girlfriend fake bad news, even with autonomy off, practicing programming and playing video games even with autonomy off, and future cubes keep spawning in my sims inventory - and I'm taking like forty future cubes. I thought it was a hidden trait thing, so I got the info for the hidden traits and removed them - they no longer show up on my sims info. However, it keeps happening, and I don't know how to fix it. I think it has something to do with N.A.Ps, which I think is a really cool game mechanic, but not if it's buggy like this. Please help!

Message 244 of 255 (1,131 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having bug issues too. but my sim keeps t posing in random places. also every item from his inventory vanishes when i load different areas.

Message 245 of 255 (1,102 Views)

Hero
@Parsnoop79 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

See second post for individual posts to click me too on

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 246 of 255 (1,075 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

N.A.P system is broken. How it made it to public release is unexplainable and unjustifiable, it was rushed and not tested. It breaks other packs as well. Try running a retail store or restaurant and watch your employees and customers make out with each other, then get into fights every half hour, then stand there playing with clay. I have yet to be this frustrated with a pack, one that truly disrupts and breaks gameplay not only of itself but other packs as well.

I tried simvasions mods but it does unfortunately little in some cases, sims autonomy keeps misbehaving. 

Best solution is if other neighborhoods in other worlds already have these silly ridiculous acts is to go to a house in that neighborhood, use testingcheats and shift click on the mailbox to instant repeal everything. Pair that with disabling N.A.P NPC voting in the settings. They should've allowed the cheat to work for non resident sims, it's tedious to have to go neighborhood by neighborhood. Or if you use MCCC use the Tuner to disable the autonomy actions you don't want.

I wish I knew how to mod well enough to just completely disable the system. Beyond frustrated.

Message 247 of 255 (894 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm on PC, I have disabled Eco Lifestyle game play. Open origin - right click on Sims 4 icon - click game properties - click advanced launch options - type in the command argument  options 

-disablepacks:EP09  (you need the hyphen before the command)  then save. Relaunch your game. The Eco Lifestyle is disabled. When EA have sorted out the problems Just remove the disable pack message. Relaunch game and Eco is enable again.

Message 248 of 255 (818 Views)

★ Guide

On consoles the fix is quite simple: make a backup of your saved data, possibly on the Cloud (you never know...). Delete your game and redownload it all but Eco. It's some 25GB total.

Once you load your game you will get a warning that some content is missing and your characters/lots could be missing clothes and items. Accept that and, magic, no more push ups, cakes, water, and all that stuff.

Of course, if you were playing in that world and/or if you had plans with Bess... you need to reconsider.

Message 249 of 255 (791 Views)

★ Guide
@lostinmalloc Not exactly simple for those like me on data caps of 50gb a month but yes you are correct it will do the job. Falling back to previous saves In my opinion is quicker and faster. but if you have no save that would definitely end up being the option.
Message 250 of 255 (705 Views)