Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

by abcMg6jMii4M18

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

★★★★★ Novice
@lostinmalloc do you think EA will release a Hotfix? Have they even responded to the NAP chaos in any official way?
Message 191 of 255 (1,170 Views)

★ Guide
@madibutler try uploading those sims to mygallery and add them back into the household it will be like cloning them they should lose most of the stuff causing the bug but keeps traits, skills and jobs and lose relationships and items most of that can easily be rebuilt especially items you would still have the original sims. the family tree  poses to be a challenge on console. if it worked you could transfer items and delete the infected copies like i did. if the naps are still there tho it will probably happen again. a new save would most likely correct the issue pulling the household from mygallery most sim related stuff is saved if the sim is married or has a girlfriend they have to be in that household transfer or that is forgotten same for family kinda sucks to play on console at this time haven't been on the ps4 version much now i have more control on what can be done the pc version.....

Message 192 of 255 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Myhideout wrote:
@madibutlertry uploading those sims to mygallery and add them back into the household it will be like cloning them they should lose most of the stuff causing the bug but keeps traits, skills and jobs and lose relationships and items most of that can easily be rebuilt especially items you would still have the original sims. the family tree  poses to be a challenge on console. if it worked you could transfer items and delete the infected copies like i did. if the naps are still there tho it will probably happen again. a new save would most likely correct the issue pulling the household from mygallery most sim related stuff is saved if the sim is married or has a girlfriend they have to be in that household transfer or that is forgotten same for family kinda sucks to play on console at this time haven't been on the ps4 version much now i have more control on what can be done the pc version.....

@Myhideout @madibutler unfortunately they still have those hidden traits even putting them and taking them from the gallery..... I tried everything! Luckily I had a save right before Eco-Lifestyle which sucks because we all spent $40 on a unplayable pack.... I find it funny that a modder took time out of his own time and fixed it and we haven't heard nothing official from EA or the developers. I think this forum is just as a security blanket to make us believe that the developers are listening....

Message 193 of 255 (1,114 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@madibutler Why would they care? They clearly didn't even playtest this pack.
Message 194 of 255 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Guide

@madibutler @Dreadist (I play on PC, so not sure if this works on console) If you can enact/repeal NAPs through cheats, try this:

1. Play a different family than the one you want to fix (but that knows them)
  2. Invite the bugged Sim(s) over
  3. Cheat enact the NAP(s) they're infected with
  4. Cheat repeal the NAP(s) while they're on the lot

That should remove the hidden traits, so when you go back to them, they'll be alright.  To avoid future problems, make sure NPC voting is off, and don't vote for the NAPs with annoying autonomy (just over half of them).

Message 195 of 255 (1,055 Views)

Eco lifestyle bugs (even while disabled)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let the Naps begin and then disable eco living in game settings
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though the eco-living is disabled in the game settings the naps still occur though it says that it's not going to occur any more besides the other bugs that come with Eco living I disabled it because of the bugs like the naps occurring in neighborhoods that doesn't have a particular neighborhood action plan in place or the ladders working and Sims constantly having clay and future cubes
What do you expect to see? For neighborhood action plans to not occur and other neighborhoods that doesn't have them the ladders to work and Sims to not have random clay and future cubes or tablets and if disabled shouldn't do anything at all
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

But why tho

Message 196 of 255 (762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Raynn0124That should work, I think the biggest problem is NAPs are effecting neighborhoods where they aren't active in. Like if Sharing is Caring is active in Windenburg, sims in Willow Creek will be stealing things.

Simvasion's mod should fix this if you play on PC. If you play on console, or don't want to use mods, the only other option is to go through every neighborhood and repeal all NAPs, and make sure NPC voting is off like you said.

Message 197 of 255 (1,025 Views)

Re: Eco lifestyle bugs (even while disabled)

Hero
@manihullinger Turning off the option just disables voting. Did you manually remove all NAPs already going on ?

You will probably also need to remove all the future cubes and clay they already have from the inventories of the NPCs cause they always showed a bit of obsession with those if they had any.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 198 of 255 (735 Views)

★ Guide

On console its probably safest to go back to a clean file because once the stuff is there it is really hard to isolate every offending part that is causing the issues 

i managed to get a little progress before i just went back to an old save funny thing is i never seen symptoms again using my gallery sims from that infected save but to be fair i refuse to play the console version further at the moment  till they further fix so maybe the issue is more persistent i do not know strange enough i have not ran into those nap glitches in forever just a bunch of new ones ...

Message 199 of 255 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Community lots are almost unusable with some of these NAPs, my sims were at a nightclub on a date and I couldn't complete more than three tasks because everyone and anyone was getting into brawls and my sims were either participating or watching instead of, you know, being on their date. It's maddening to have spend this money on a pack only to have to disable and mod away all of the gameplay elements because they make your game unplayable.

Message 200 of 255 (983 Views)