Re: [OPEN] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs

by tigrina_tigs

Original Post

Re: Not able to deactivate NAPs

★ Guide
@kusurusu The do return after reinstalling. I checked.
Message 101 of 255 (1,795 Views)

★ Pro
@jacknifelee did you also play and save inbetween?
Message 102 of 255 (1,782 Views)

★ Guide
@kusurusu I saved with EL. I disabled EL, loaded the save, checked the behaviors (there was none), saved without EL content. Reinstalled EL. Loaded the save without EL content: eco footprint reset, EH builds reset, NAPs didn't reset (I had Green Initiatives in Port Promise and Grim's Quarry before disabling EL and they were both already active in respective neighborhoods), NAP behaviors (baking cake, practicing programming, stealing furniture etc) were back on sims that were affected before disabling EL.
Message 103 of 255 (1,779 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have never posted on these forums before BUT I am a very long time sim player! I started playing Sims 1 when I was a kid and I have bought and played every single version (Sims 1, 2, 3, 4) including all their expansion packs up to and including Eco Living with only a COUPLE exceptions from Sims 4 stuff/game packs.  I am not sure how these forums work exactly or how they get moved up to EA for an "official patch". 

However, I did want to contribute that I am having these exact same issues. I'm 30 years old, I've been playing sims for literally 20 years. This new expansion pack has made my sims game entirely unplayable (I am a HEAVY rotational player). Before I found this thread, I even installed a mod for the first time (MC Command Center by deaderpool) because I read that you could stop annoying autonomous actions. I had no clue what was going on but the cakes had to stop! Now I see it is related to the N.A.P. functionality. I went around and deactivated all N.A.P.s from all my neighborhoods.. it took me almost three hours. I thought for a moment that it fixed the incessant cake baking and push-ups and random musical outbursts but I just went to visit a house where I first noticed the infinite cake bug ... they are back at it! So many unfinished cakes and abandoned cutting boards! My sims can't finish a movie, can't finish a meal, won't stay in bed to sleep, won't enjoy conversations, can't develop skills or be trusted to be left on their own for more than 4 seconds without wandering off to kiss a townie.

I'm so worried that my game is ruined. I have been playing this one world for six real life years .. every lot custom builds, dynamic relationships and neighborhoods, developed skills and careers of almost 100 sims. I am very hesitant to download yet another mod to "fix" this. I really want to see EA come out with a patch that makes Eco features actually playable. I have a very, very, very basic understanding of programming/logic and would never claim that this is easy to fix... however, I do think the nature of this "bug" is unspeakably bad. The structure of this expansion pack has gotta be scratched and redeveloped as far as I'm concerned. Consider what the pack affects, the user testing was nowhere near robust enough to qualify a release.

I welcome any and all suggestions on what I can do to help push this issue in the right direction.

Message 104 of 255 (1,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I just really hope that the repetitive actions/queue-dropping issue gets addressed in addition to the neighborhood bug. I tested the game with N.A.P.s from only one neighborhood (fresh save, no travel), and the autonomous actions still made it almost impossible to play. 

Message 105 of 255 (1,686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DEADBEATBOX 

If you have a save left (or can recover a save) from before playing with the Eco expansion, you can turn off the whole N.A.P. system * in game play settings before it can ruin the rest of your saves. I think 'preventing NAP's taking effect at all' is the only temporary solution that's guaranteed to work, sadly.

/that is what I have done with my 'clean starting save' I've been building over the years

//I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for a patch real soon

ETA: Apparently there are still NAPs when you turn both options for Eco off in game play settings. That makes the only viable workaround for now to disable the xpack in advanced start up settings I suppose, since 'preventing NAP's' is what we need here...

Message 106 of 255 (1,663 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@tigrina_tigs 

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, I only started to back up saves this year and I didn’t think to do it before I started messing around with EL and my last clean save is from March. For now, when I am on my own home lot NPCs won’t bake cakes from my fridge. So .. I am trapped at home and the outside world is chaos.. a little too similar to real life right now (haha) I hope EA will pick up on this big gameplay issue sooner rather than later. It’s unplayable. Gamers shouldn’t have to essentially shut off an entire portion of the expansion to keep their game alive. It’d be nice if they would even make an announcement addressing this .. I know a fix can’t happen overnight but it’d be nice to know we have something to look forward to.

Message 107 of 255 (1,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Deleting NAP in other neighborhoods works for a while ... but the problems come back one by one... I uninstalled the EP and saved the game, installed it again and the sims are fine, but ... Monday at 18, when the game choose a new N.A.P. the chaos returns and new problems coming... If I want to play without problems, I must reinstall the expansion after playing evey sim week, but I can't use any content of the expansion because it will be removed, the other solution... uninstall eco life permanently...

Message 108 of 255 (1,596 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

★ Guide

My daughter plays on the PC and has been having issues since (against my advice) installing EcoLifestyle. Her main household lives in Newcrest. She did not install a Community Voting Board in Newcrest - the world doesn’t even have a community lot. So Newcrest is not supposed to have any NAPs in place. However, there was a NAP activated in her neighborhood and everyone is walking around with bags on their heads. Super annoying. She disabled both of the options in settings to stop NPCs from voting as well as to stop something else - I don’t even remember what it was. She tried having her Sim repeal the NAP (that isn’t even supposed to be there in the first place) but never gets the social interaction to get the required additional 4 signatures. She just went back into her game and now there is a second NAP activated. The NPCs weren’t supposed to be able to vote so not sure how the 2nd one got activated and it seems impossible to repeal these NAPs that shouldn’t even be there in the first place because she did not place a Voting Board in the world. So now she’s stuck playing her save file with everyone walking around with bags on their heads and seemingly no way to fix it. 

Message 109 of 255 (1,563 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

★ Guide
@KEW0701 with cheats enabled you should be able to give yourself the points to do away with the nap by voting but i also believe you have the ability to force them all to be repealed. and in theory people will stop wearing them. but if it got enacted all over the place with other NAPS or some sims got stuck with them not really sure whats the best course of action except starting back to backup saves you can vote at mailboxes if you do not have a board or you can make yet another community lot but that seems very wasteful. the bags on head annoying but one of the better to get voted in sad to say.
Message 110 of 255 (1,546 Views)