Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

by Cabelle1863

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

it is definetley completely destroying the Game and i am afraid to enter my current Eco living Save. It was so much fun in the beginning and now its absolutely ruining my Game... This needs more Points and Attention guys! Many player have this issues

Message 11 of 255 (3,039 Views)

★ Guide

The very design of NAPs is very flawed.
Even with NPC votes off and all NAPs having 0 votes the first one in the list always wins.
So player has to vote for something anyway, and there are only a few relatively harmless and appealing NAPs.

So when all of them are in effect, the game will still be addimg more even with 0 votes?
That's VERY intrusive gameplay that affects all worlds.

Message 12 of 255 (3,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

To be honest, as long as the NAPs are actually forcing my sims to do those things, even if they scale down on the frequency, I don't find any of them appealing. I wish we could create some of our own, like clubs or holidays. Maybe even delete / deactivate those we really never want to have (I would totally Thanos-snap the Sharing is Caring, Free Love and Roughhousing Encouraged NAPs if I could^^). But the only ones I'm happy with are the Evergreen Harbor only actions, the Green Initiative and Modern Development. The rest can go jump in the river for all I care. Especially since, aside from small salary increases I really don't see any benefits for those, because influence stacks up so high and you can only ever use it for voting, and once you have the four you are most okay with, you won't be voting again, so it becomes pretty useless.

It would be cool if it was something like increasing the associated skill gain (or is it also a thing? correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't thing it is), crafted items being worth more, having special interactions like "brag about my neighborhood's gardening skills", what have you. I mean, it would be cool and would make sense if a juiced neighborhood was famous for their drinks, so any fizzed stuff would sell better, or an artsy community would have well-known artists so their art would be worth more. Like in the real world, where wines or cheeses from certain regions are often famous, or any kind of goods. I would also not mind the influence being useful for something other than voting. Idk, maybe get people to do something for you, or get discounts, convince the repo man to let go of your debt this one time?

But forget all that, I'll be a happy camper if they simply fix the bugs. No neighborhood voting should mean literally no voting. NAPs repeal actually working. No worldwide NAPs. Pretty please? I want to play again!

Message 13 of 255 (2,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@simvasion I honestly love how much this NAP's affect Sims behaviour, but even for someone like me, maybe this is a little bit too much.
What it's most annoying are Sims stopping what they're doing just to play the violin or play wiith the piece of clay.
I want this policies to really affect Sims beahviour, but please, prioritize player interactions and needs.

@catatemyname I honestly don't like the idea of no NAP's applied to other neighborhood at all.
They only need to tune down the effect, but I love to see different Plans on different places. This give personality to those districts.

(CM: Edited to merge double posts together)

Message 14 of 255 (2,981 Views)

★ Guide
@Marquillotuca89 Would be a cool thing to add a toggle too, I think. I don't like it, but others do, so if we could turn it on and off, everyone could enjoy the game the way they want to. Standard smile
Message 15 of 255 (2,963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@catatemynameThat would be cool!
I'm a h*e for things that change autonomy on Sims and now that we have something, I don't want to let it go hahaha

Message 16 of 255 (2,947 Views)

★★★ Guide

Added my "me too" and I hope others will too. I had fun at first, and thought the NAPs were a neat idea, but now it's out of control. My sim in Port Promise drops everything to grab a quick meal from the fridge, even though there's plenty of leftovers. Her husband & daughter practically race each other to the computer, even with other items they could use. The only active NAP for Port Promise at that time was Self-Sufficiency. Guests keep trying to make herbal brews on their grill. In the neighborhood, other sims are being romantic with each other, but the only "Free Love" NAP is in one of the Sulani neighborhoods. I also noticed the Free Love behavior in a San Myshuno neighborhood, which didn't have the NAP either. At that point, I started reading the bug reports here and decided to stop playing my game for now, which is really disappointing. 

Message 17 of 255 (2,932 Views)

★ Guide
@Marquillotuca89 Yes, it's cool when the game feels more alive through autonomy. Standard smile My problem with this is that I have a set personality for my sims in mind when I create them, and a tech-savvy sim suddenly pulling a violin out of his behind and starting to practice breaks that for me. I guess if they fix the bugs, and the NAPs stay contained in their respective neighborhoods, I can create artsy, musical or tech-savvy neighborhoods and move the sims in who fit the bill. :D
Message 18 of 255 (2,552 Views)

★ Guide
@catatemyname And that's why you need to vote against those policies if you don't want them. That's what this whole NAP feature is about. At least in my eyes, and that's why I like that part of this expansion pack.
And that's why we need that switch, hahaha I can understand your trouble and the Sims has always been about player control.
Message 19 of 255 (2,530 Views)

★★★ Guide
@catatemyname I agree! At first I thought it was a kind of cool idea that I could apply to certain neighborhoods. I could have an art colony like neighborhood, and a tech one, the "music quarter" etc. They told us it would only apply to the neighborhood where it was voted in. Instead, we have a hot mess that just continues to infect the rest of the neighborhoods. Plus, I don't think it would be quite so bad if the behaviors were minor and limited. Instead they take over our sims's queues and make it impossible to play the way we want.
Message 20 of 255 (2,522 Views)