Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] N.A.P. Energy Efficient Appliances Fines Despite Upgrade

by nicholeleo

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] N.A.P. Energy Efficient Appliances Fines Despite Upgrade

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@AlyaSerpens Do you have the bug box on your lot? I didn't see it in the pictures? The bug box puts you in compliance.

@mmakire Did you place the bug box on your lot?

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 31 of 36 (2,079 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No, I didn't have the bug things.  That's why?  Okay, thanks!

Message 32 of 36 (2,038 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

For this item you need to have insects or a beehive with your garden to comply with the N.A.P.

Message 33 of 36 (1,966 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] N.A.P. Energy Efficient Appliances Fines Despite Upgrades

★★★★ Novice

I'm having trouble with the eco-friendly appliances NAP, and I'm confused about the upgrades and power/water consumption.  If I add a fuel cell, my industrial footprint goes up; yet I still have to install it to make an appliance eco-friendly??  Also, I put in appliances with higher power/water consumption ratings because I've read that higher ratings mean lower consumption.  This seems correct, but having higher ratings also seems to make my tax penalties go up.

My penalties are really big (more than 4,000 simoles), and I'd love to get them down because my sim is pretty poor.  The inspector specifically says the penalties are related to appliances, but I've done every upgrade that makes eco-friendly sense on every appliance.  Is there something other than appliances affecting the eco-friendly appliances inspection?  I have an insect farm and beehive, but the inspector doesn't seem to care about them.  Might my campfire or BBQ pit be problems?

Message 34 of 36 (1,898 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having this problem too and also with the green gardening NAP. There are 8 plants in the front of the house even and the inspector isn't locked out of anything, they could see the plants as they walk up to the house! Unless 8 isn't enough, I'm not sure why my sim is getting a fine every week. 

Message 35 of 36 (1,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

We spoke to all Eco Inspectors, and they have agreed that they should NOT be charging the Energy efficient appliances fine if your appliances are fully upgraded to be super efficient and amazing. I mean all that work and still get fined? Not in this house!

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Looks like this isn't fixed. Please use the new thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ECO-N-A-P-Still-Giving-Fines-Despite-Upgraded-Appliances-Patch...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 36 (23,424 Views)