by KeenKB

Original Post

Re: Eco footprint in port promise

Hero
@missppurple Merged your thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 124 (3,060 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle- Eco Footprint Bug

★★★★ Expert
@elelunicy So, you claim to have a fix, but you won't release the fix?

Gee... thanks for telling us then.Disappointed
Message 52 of 124 (3,018 Views)

★★★ Novice

@elelunicy wrote:

@Marquillotuca89 wrote:

@KeenKBI want to contribute in this problem.
To be clear, there are two ecofootprint metters:

1) Street Ecofootprint (the one you can see)
2) Lot Ecofootprint (this is hidden)

Lot eco footprint can be changed:
1) By buy mode objects
2) By build mode objects

While buy mode objects change the eco footprint of a lot progressively, the ones from build mode will change it immediately by adding points to that metter.

What happens with EA building from Evergreen Harbour is that most lots DON'T fulfill the quantity of build objects required to change the ecofoootprint of the lot immediately, so anytime you visit the lot, or travel from one world to another, the lots will lose their industrial eco footprint because they don't have "enough points" to have it. 

And to be clear, the buy mode objects will change the lot ecofootprint throughout time. The more you have, the quicker it'll be, but this won't affect other lots unless you visit them and stay on them until the ecofoorprint change (which a found silly, honestly. It wasn't that hard to add an update service)

I'm pretty sure there is a bug that the game is not using the LOT_FOOTPRINT value from other inactive lots in the neighborhoods to calculate STREET_FOOTPRINT.

Because LOT_FOOTPRINT is not initialized until you visit a lot, the game also has a default footprint value for each lot in the game. Every lot in Port Promise has a default value of 450, and every lot in Grims Quarry has a default value of -450. Most lots in other worlds have a default value of 0, with some exceptions (for example the lot Spencer-Kim-Lewis' house is on has a default value of 100).

Here's a snippet of the function (_fully_compute_street_convergence) that the game uses to calculate STREET_FOOTPRINT from each lot's LOT_FOOTPRINT.

zone_data = persistence_service.get_zone_proto_buff(zone_ids[0])
if zone_data is not None:
    commodity_tracker_data = zone_data.gameplay_zone_data.commodity_tracker
    for stat_data in commodity_tracker_data.commodities:
        stat_cls = statistics_manager.get(stat_data.name_hash)
        if stat_cls is EcoFootprintTunables.LOT_FOOTPRINT:
            stat_value = stat_data.value
            break
    house_desc_id = services.get_house_description_id(zone_data.lot_template_id, zone_data.lot_description_id, zone_data.active_plex)
    stat_value = services.get_eco_footprint_value(house_desc_id)

What's the problem here? Well the function first attempts to check if LOT_FOOTPRINT has been initialized on a lot. If it's already initialized it will set stat_value to this value. And then the function retrieves the default footprint value of the lot and set it to stat_value. This is the exact opposite order how it should be done, as here the default footprint value will always override the actual LOT_FOOTPRINT value of the lot. To fix this, switch the order of the code. For example:

house_desc_id = services.get_house_description_id(zone_data.lot_template_id, zone_data.lot_description_id, zone_data.active_plex)
            break

This way. the game would first set stat_value to the default footprint value of the lot, and then check if LOT_FOOTPRINT has been initialized. If it's been initialized, replace stat_value with the actual value of LOT_FOOTPRINT.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of Python decompilers, this "error" in the code is in fact not an error if you use a more recent version of the decompiler:

zone_data = persistence_service.get_zone_proto_buff(zone_ids[0])
            break
    else:

This else statement appears with more recent versions of the decompiler - which Andrew's Python workspace on S4S doesn't include - and will only be called upon should the eco-footprint of the lot not be in the list of commodities.

Message 53 of 124 (2,981 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem - my efforts to have green lots don't seem to be working in the new neighbourhood. I have a family of sims in one of the apartments, so they don't have any solar panels etc as there is nowhere to put them. However they're recycling like mad and have voted for all the green NAPs. Now the neighbourhood looks much nicer, no rubbish, nice plants etc, but every lot seems to be neutral (except one house) and the neighbourhood rating has gone down to neutral from green. On reading this thread I wondered about leaving the lot causing issues. So I loaded up another save with a sim who lives in Windenburg on the huge island lot. She has an extensive garden and lots of trees. Now her lot is green, and has pretty sun rays over it on the neighbourhood view. I gave her 3 solar panels, 3 wind turbines (which incidentally seem to break down every other day) and a water collector. She also upgraded one of her toilets to be a composting one. I played her for about 5 sim days to get to this point, but I created my new save as her greenhouse plants all died down and I was unsure of the cause or solution (found, I think). Anyway, she's a complete hermit with 5 cats and now a toddler, so she rarely leaves her home lot and hasn't yet as of my installation of Eco Living. I need to do a bit more testing, but staying home might be a solution, even if it isn't ideal. Rather ironic, considering the times we find ourselves in.

Message 54 of 124 (2,955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Further to my earlier post, it seems that leaving your home lot does cause the problem, or at least makes it worse! I was happily playing with my hermit sim, when all her cats disappeared. In an instant! Ivy had just woken up and was pottering about. I noticed one of her cats was sick, so I clicked on him and selected 'start examining' as Ivy is a vet. Nothing happened. So I tried again, and then all the cats vanished! Their icons were greyed out as if they'd run away or were out exploring. Calling them had no effect, clicking on their food bowls to call them to eat didn't have that option. Having just spent a long time making the other lots on her island as environmentally friendly as possible and having not saved them (whoops!), I didn't really want to quit without saving. So I had all of them visit another lot together. This brought back all the cats, but on returning home the metre went from almost full green to almost empty green. They were only away from home for long enough for Ivy to pick up her toddler and run back home. The lot they visited was a national park lot, and as such had a grill, a table, a bin and one candle. All other items were plants and some scenery from buydebug. The other lots in the neighbourhood are a tiny home with lots of plants and 2 solar panels (unoccupied), one I filled with trees and plants and one is completely empty.

EDIT: It's happened again! Trying to examine a pet on the vet station resulted in all of them disappearing. Oddly I was able to examine and treat the original sick cat before, althought not without problems. The first examination resulted in the cat jumping off the table and going up 2 floors to play with another, but the action wasn't cancelled on my sim's list. Cancelling it and trying again worked. I'm going to have to post another thread about this I think.

Message 55 of 124 (2,923 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@MAL22 You're right. I updated my decompiler and the else statement was indeed there. Thank you for pointing this out!
Message 56 of 124 (2,831 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Adding another related (?) bug to this thread. I decided to go back to a save I'd briefly played with Eco Living, an off the grid family. I turned off the Eco Living bit cos I was fed up with it chopping and changing. Oddly, after a few days of play I got a message saying my lot was now green and I got the light rays! I thought I'd opted out of that? Also generating energy seems to be a bit odd. I get frequent messages about my having used all my energy up, despite the fact that I have 2 solar panels, a windmill and a water collecter. And yes I have turned off autosell, which has helped a bit. But given that my sims in this lot have all candle lights and no electronics it seems a little odd.

Message 57 of 124 (2,771 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Eco Footprint Bar Continuously Declines After One Fire

★★★ Newbie

although I didn't have a fire, my world in port promise will always be either in neutral or half way from green to neutral but it will never change to green. I have used cheats to get it to change to green but then it will dramatically decrease to neutral. it shouldn't be a matter of I don't have enough eco appliances, everything on my lot is eco friendly 

Message 58 of 124 (2,759 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Eco Footprint Bar Continuously Declines After One Fire

★★★ Newbie
@KaaMariSims I have the exact same problem
Message 59 of 124 (2,752 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Issues with Eco Footprint Changes

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I do also have trouble keeping my footprint green. It will stay there but then drop back within a few sim hours. One thing I’m noticing is I cannot get any neighboring lots to green. I use eco friendly items and build materials on those lots but they are flat out stuck at neutral. My sims home lot is green but she isn’t doing anything more than what I’ve done to her neighbors homes other than being a played household. Her neighbors homes just won’t change from neutral. I’ve tried it in a separate save as well with a different world. Same results. Played family’s lot is green but no matter what I add to their neighbors lots they are always neutral. It seems this is contributing to not being able to keep a green footprint. 

Message 60 of 124 (2,722 Views)