[FIXED] [ECO] Issues with Eco Footprint Changes

by KeenKB

Original Post

Re: Eco Footprint Keeps Decaying To Neutral

★★★★ Expert
@TheBirds001 The whole system doesn't work. I've edited lots and added absolutely everything green possible. Yet it always shows "Neutral". Build-Buy has absolutely NO effect on ECO footprint at all.

The only time I've ever gotten a lot "green" was by adding items on a LIVE PLAYED lot. And even then, it only lasts for a few hours before inevitably reverting back to Neutral.

If I manage to get a lot to stay green for more than an hour, and switch to another lot in Live mode, the one I just left will immediately go back to Neutral.

Just give it up and disable the entire ECO Footprint. It doesn't work.
Message 111 of 124 (1,301 Views)

Re: Eco Footprint Keeps Decaying To Neutral

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue - I have like 6 solar panels and 4 windmills too... and updated all my appliances to be Eco-Friendly and such. It was going towards green really well and today I just noticed it started going back to neutral really fast... I have only been making improvements... I have no industrial items on my lot either. 

Message 112 of 124 (1,268 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Issues with Eco Footprint Changes

★★★★ Apprentice
@KeenKB I have this issue too. I had even went into build mode for every home or venue in that neighborhood to be sure there was no way it was not green, and it sometimes would say Green, then even if my Sim stayed home it would go to neutral within 3 days, or change to neutral if she travelled from her home lot
Message 113 of 124 (1,188 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict 

12 pages is a lot to wade through, so please excuse me if this has already been mentioned.  I start out in Port Promise.  I spent a lot of time remodeling every lot so when you check the eco status at manage worlds, every lot shows the green leaf (hint for those frustrated with not getting lots to green ... replace all ceiling - roof view walls all down - with green flooring and replace all walls and floors with eco friendly patterns).  As soon as Port Promise moves from Industrial, to Neutral, then to Green, it immediately starts moving back.  Don't have to leave the lot, don't have to go anywhere, and within a day of turning green, it moves back to neutral (which also devolves plants!).

Message 114 of 124 (1,128 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue, I'll have lots where every single appliance, sink, toilet, etc. has eco-friendly upgrades I spam the front yard with trees, rain collectors, windmills, and solar panels (my lots are all really ugly at this point) and it's still marked neutral.  Apart from being annoying because it defeats the purpose of this expansion, the thing that bothers me the most is it affects the quality of the plants I garden.  PLEASE FIX THIS EA.

Message 115 of 124 (1,093 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict 

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  Wonder what 7 pictures are worth?  Took screen shots of the 3 day development of Port Promise.  No cheats.  NAP Green Initiatives.  You will notice the last one now shows the Eco Footprint now headed back away from Green.

PortPromise_Start.jpgDay1.jpgPortPromise_NeutralDay1.jpgDay1After12AM.jpgPortPromise_GreenDay2.jpgDay2-926PM.jpgDay3-958PM.jpg

Message 116 of 124 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am experiencing this.

Untitled.png09-17-20_9-55-55 PM.png

Message 117 of 124 (977 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still no fix?

Message 118 of 124 (922 Views)

★★ Guide

This has been happening to me, too. I've had EL since it came out. But in the last couple of weeks I've noticed that within one day a neighborhood will go from green to neutral to industrial and back to neutral then back to green. It's kind of maddening.

Message 119 of 124 (876 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i wish they would fix this. this glitch and the NAP glitches really make the game not as fun as it would be if there were fixes to these bugs. its really frustrating. that was the main reason i bought the pack so i could choose if i wanted the world to be smoggy or to be green and pretty. yet it doesnt work right.

Message 120 of 124 (861 Views)