[FIXED] [ECO] Issues with Eco Footprint Changes

by KeenKB

Original Post

Re: Eco Footprint Keeps Decaying To Neutral

★★ Novice
@saratka Yep, i’m having the exact same problem. I really hope they fix this issue because i spent a lot of money on eco lifestyle and now it’s impossible to keep the eco footprint up Frown
Message 101 of 124 (1,304 Views)

Eco Footprint Decreasing rapidly even after being eco friendly

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play in port promise and be completely eco friendly, the eco footprint will still decrease rapidly to neutral/industrial
What happens when the bug occurs? I play in port promises with Eco Friendly appliances NAPS and the Green initiative. I have many windmills and solar panels and the eco footprint decreases rapidly. I’ve even tried bulldozing my lot so there’s nothing on it but it still decreases.
What do you expect to see? The Eco Footprint should stay green if i being completely eco friendly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Ever since i’ve bought eco lifestyle it’s done this. i bought it two weeks ago along with moschino and my first pet stuff

the game is almost completely unplayable please fix. i know other people have had this problem and it’s still unfixed

Message 102 of 124 (1,296 Views)

Re: Eco Footprint Decreasing rapidly even after being eco friendly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Not completely the same but I am also having some problems with Eco Footprint changes. After traveling to other lots or taking vacations (for example to Selvadorada), on my active house lot my Eco footprint reset back to neutral (0%) although it was too close to (like 80%) completely green. I do not know if it is necessary to mention that i have also too many green appliances lol. It happened more than once and really frustrating.

Message 103 of 124 (1,243 Views)

Eco Footprint goes neutral in Evegreen Harbour

★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP except Get Together. Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Spooky Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Sim in Evegreen Harbour and set time speed on 3 and watch how Eco Footprint goes to neutral (I have experienced this in Port Promise only) I have anything done with it. I haven't change building or vote for NAPs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Eco FootPrint in Evegreen Harbour, Port Promise goes neutral without any intervention.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see Eco Footprint stays the same. Beacause this is so easy to play and change the world then.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I hope you change it soon, so gameplay is better.

Message 104 of 124 (1,156 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Issues with Eco Footprint Changes

★★★★ Novice

Same issue. It doesn't seem to matter how much green (wind turbines, solar, green wallpaper/floor, dew collectors) I build on lots and policies I enact, it turns green and then drifts back to neutral within hours or days. And if I do the opposite, make all lots industrial, it is always neutral. 

Message 105 of 124 (1,103 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is this issue fixed yet?

Message 106 of 124 (1,026 Views)

Eco Lifestyle not changing neighborhoods to industrial

★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Get Together and Island Living, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, spooky stuff, romantic garden, kids room, backyard, vintage glamour, fitness, laundry day, tiny living, nifty knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to make a neighborhood industrial with eco lifestyle.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to make a neighborhood industrial, the bar will fill all the way and change to industrial, but soon after will start moving back toward neutral even when I add more industrial footprint objects and wallpaper/flooring.
What do you expect to see? The bar to stay in industrial and the neighborhoods and homes to stay industrial.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

With my gameplay I want to make the neighborhoods of San Myshuno industrial, but the eco bar is so buggy that it always navigates toward neutral no matter what. I place industrial objects and use them, I change the wallpaper and flooring for each apartment, and still everything remains neutral. Even when I get to the green in the eco bar it starts depleting back to neutral. I would really like this fixed as I love the mechanics, it just doesn’t work right at all. 

Message 107 of 124 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No, unfortunately not yet. 😭😭😭

Message 108 of 124 (993 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m having a similar issue, but in reverse - I sent my sims to visit Port Promise and the meter is already halfway to neutral after a four hour visit. I thought perhaps other lots were changing it but they are showing industrial; and when I edited one to remove all green influences and add industrial ones, it’s then changed to a neutral lot. I don’t understand what I’m supposed to do and I feel like I’m going to miss out on a huge part of the world if I can’t stop Port Promise from changing - any ideas?

Message 109 of 124 (883 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Update: The issue seems to be every lot I visit becomes neutral, no matter what I was before or what I do to it. 

Message 110 of 124 (837 Views)