Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Issues with Eco Footprint Changes

by alluringcliche

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I had the Port's Eco Footprint change without even PLAYING THE ACTUAL GAME. I was in CAS for like 5 minutes after just starting up the new world and suddenly it wasn't industrial anymore??? It was neutral after CAS! I didn't need to DO ANYTHING in gameplay! What the heck!

Message 91 of 124 (2,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm Having a similar problim with playing in Grims Quarry, all lots except the Appartments are green, and like clock work ever single week when Monday rolls around the footprint resets itself to Green...for about half the day...Oo once netrual it spends the rest of the week slowly working its way away from green no matter what I do...only to once again reset come Monday ><' I have no mods at all so thats not an issue at all....I have some susgestions....if nothing we as simmers can do inside the appartments can change thier foot prints then...

THE APPARTMENT MANAGERS NEED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHANGING THE OUTSIDE TO MATCH NEIGHBORHOOD PLANS! 

...seems legit to me after all thats what happens in the real world and the rest of the world updates with the neighborhood plan so it seems reasonable to me that the appartments should as well.

Message 92 of 124 (2,182 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Depending on what NAPs you choose, apartment exteriors do change. I chose the modern (?) one and my apartment exterior walls, doors and windows changed. It was kind of weird at first cos a load of my objects went into my family's inventory and I didn't know why, but then I realised that things had changed and it looked really good. Hats off to EA on that one I have to say.

Message 93 of 124 (2,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just wanted to add that I'm experiencing the same thing. I have green NAPS and have added upgrades to every lot in Grimm's Quarry and yet it's neutral. In Manage Worlds 3/4 lots show as green. On Friday it turned green for a few Sim hours and back to neutral and it's decreasing. One of the lots actually went from green to neutral after I added green materials.

I've upgraded several appliances, recycled etc, nothing seems to work.

Message 94 of 124 (2,051 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think anybody has mentioned this so I want to confirm that it works (or rather, is broken) the other way around too. I removed all green eco footprint items (including all vegetation, windows, etc.) and packed them with industrial items, but it still continues to move towards neutral. It's honestly sad, because I was looking forward to playing this pack and assumed there would be some challenge. I hope this is a bug and not just a questionable decision lol

Message 95 of 124 (1,915 Views)

Eco Footprint trends towards neutral, then resets back to starting footprint

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion and game packs, about half of the stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure how replicable this bug is, mostly because I've only been playing this pack for a week or so. [See lower section]
What happens when the bug occurs? The eco-footprint bar goes from about 85% full green (while marked "neutral") down to completely neutral over the course of several in-game days, and then randomly it snaps back to 85% and starts the cycle over again. (I have not seen it move towards green at all.)
What do you expect to see? The eco-footprint bar changes organically in either direction and stays that way. (Or possibly doesn't go down at all considering my lot, and moves toward green.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sims moved to a tiny home in Conifer Station, which has the "off the grid" trait with the intention of getting a green lot. There are 6 windmills generating power, three dew collectors for water, countless plants/shrubs/grasses/green fences, the wallpapers and windows on the outside of the house are eco-friendly, and every item in the house (except for two tiny living wall decorations) have either been fabricated or rummaged from a dumpster. There is a garden with three fruit trees and maybe 8 plants, two insect boxes, and two beehives.

I deleted every (fabricated!) light on the house (so they sit in the dark), deleted the fireplace that had +5 industrial that was mostly for looks, deleted the original stove and replaced it with one that works off the grid, and only have these items that use power: laptop (for crafter career), fizzing station, fabricator, recycler (?), and eco-upgraded fridge. 

I even added the "eco-friendly" lot trait after a while. 

Over the course of several in-game days my 85% (approx.) eco-footprint score, which is marked "neutral" (I'm not really sure if this is supposed to have a green leaf at some point, that's only happened once so far in my game), decreases towards neutral/industrial. Nothing my sims do changes this.

Despite deleting everything that could have had an industrial footprint, fabricating more house items, recycling obsessively (where my green sim has the light blue moodlet from doing "green" things at least once a day), gardening, repairing the constantly-breaking windmills, adding 2 more windmills (there were originally only 4), dealing with both insects and bees, dumpster diving, riding bikes found in dumpsters, etc, it always heads towards neutral.

And then randomly, it snaps back to exactly where it was before, at about 85%. It stays there solidly for a day or two and then starts again. I cannot figure out what exactly is triggering this, because I can't imagine the green footprint is supposed to randomly change like that when I haven't actually done anything. This has happened at least twice, but I'm pretty sure it's happened before. The first time I noticed it was when the garbage collector was on my lot. The second time I noticed it snap back up was when my (eco friendly) sim working in the Civil Designer career came back from work (but his partner was still on the lot.) 

When it was at the 85% green when I last started my game the lot was considered "green" from manage worlds. The neighborhood has both the "green" NAP and the "modern development" NAP, as well as self-sufficient and green gardening. 

Previously, when living in the Port Promise middle lot, my sim changed the concrete to grass, added a single windmill and 2 dew collectors and his lot was considered green despite the overwhelming industrial points coming from the shipping container wallpaper. 

I genuinely cannot tell what's supposed to be a feature or a bug here with this pack at this point which is really frustrating because I wanted to work towards eco friendly but I have done every single thing I can think of without compromising the quality of life for my sims (like getting rid of the last few power objects). 

Message 96 of 124 (1,908 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@KeenKB And they still havent fixed this issue. So dissapointed... we spend hundreds of $$ to play these games to only not get the MAIN point of this pack to work? such a bummer
Message 97 of 124 (1,743 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@hollydab1416 Exactly. It is so inconsiderate of them to ignore the bugs we report for a RECENT expansion pack. It makes me feel as if I have been robbed for my money.
Message 98 of 124 (1,694 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm struggling with this too, and at first, I thought it was just supposed to be that challenging. PLEASE FIX THIS. IT'S NOT FUN. 

Message 99 of 124 (1,590 Views)

Eco Footprint Keeps Decaying To Neutral

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs but 10 stuffs packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn your eco footprint to green and just wait. It begins to decay without a reason.
What happens when the bug occurs? If there's a lot with a green footprint, without any industrial objects and only with green objects, the eco footprint keeps decaying to Neutral-Industrial.
What do you expect to see? If it is not a bug, hope you guys takes it as a suggestion since it makes the gameplay very frustrating. I've spent hours making a green house to see it going industrial without any objects or things that influence the eco footprint to industrial. It would be so much better if the eco footprint was kept constant since the objects still there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've turned my eco footprint (maxed) green and it began to decay to neutral. It's still decaying, don't know why, since i only have green objects and NO industrial objects on my lot. It happens on my household and every other lot i've ever visited. It's so annoying.

My N.A.P are: Green Initiatives, Clean Energy Production, Eco Friendly Appliances and Upcycling Initiative. So there's no other reason for this change, i see.

In this screenshot I removed all the walls, furniture and left only green objects to show that it continues decaying to industrial footprint. 

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 100 of 124 (1,548 Views)