by saolil

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Issues with Eco Footprint Changes

★★★ Newbie

Sameee

Message 61 of 124 (1,845 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can see how the new Eco Living pack should play and would be awesome if it worked correctly but the are some glitches with it especially the eco footprint:

1) Eco footprint bar start to plunge to neutral at seemingly random times for me regardless of if I never have my sim leave the lot or change the lot. 

2) Eco footprint falls quickly toward the neutral part of the bar after opening up a saved game even though though at the time of saving and closing game the bar was heading toward (almost at) a green footprint.

3) Occasionally when Eco footprint falls (for seemingly no reason) toward neutral And reaches the neutral point the Eco footprint becomes green footprint.

4) When game is saved with a green eco footprint upon opening saved game eco footprint has fallen out of green and heading toward neutral.

Message 62 of 124 (1,830 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issues as the others. I've updated every, single, lot with an over-abundance of green materials, all of my appliances are upgraded to be eco friendly, i bulldozed a lot and filled it with nothing but windmills and solar panels with a 2x2 room, and not once has any of my neighbourhoods gotten close to green. I've voted in every weekly election, set all lots with the green lot traits, have all neighbourhoods with modern and green NAPs in place.. done everything I can to get it green and it won't change.

I've got zero mods installed, I have all packs, zero custom content. Finally, I had enough and tried the cheat to change to green, that worked, but it was right back to neutral within 6 SIM hours. Ive visited lots and such as well, nothing.

Not to mention my cat keeps disappearing at random times from the new apartment lot I'm in, meals my SIM prepares disappear at random (like the harvest fest grand meal which for some reason took my SIM 5 hours to prepare, just disappeared as soon as she sat it on the counter to serve it. It's also taking my SIM 8 hours or so to make even the simplest candles. 

Insofar as the modernisation NAP, I think 2 or 3 other houses have changed (in 3 game weeks), besides the apartment building I'm in. Most of the neighbourhood looks like rubbish with those horrible, grey, houses. I would have thought more buildings than THAT would be affected.

It's seriously disappointing to waste all that game time with zero results. Do you even bother testing the packs you put out first? Ugh.

Message 63 of 124 (1,785 Views)

Eco Footprint is running down and down in a loop

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 163.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After the latest patch in this morning - absolutely nothing done in the game - the eco footprintmenue ist running down from green to neutral, spring back to green an starts again running down to neutral. It loops the whole time within two Sim-days. It is no longer connected to behavier, material, landscape. No ecologist behavier helps against the regular running down. All two days i get the changing information on the pinwall: your neigborrhood ist green, your neighborhood ist neutral, again green, again neutral ...
What happens when the bug occurs? look above
What do you expect to see? The normality befor the patch. I've had no problem with the footprint menue last evening but this morning after the patch i do nothing in game, only starting and I have at once a desaster. I expect a game that will fuctionate again like yesterday with a functionating eco-footprint menue in the houshold.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. There are no Patch Information. The Update startet this morning. I dont know, for what. But after that, the pack has no more sense. It's not playable with this curios error.

The active houshold is in the neighboorhood with the station. I reached a good level on green footprint. The Inspector said, all is well done. But the footprint menue reacts like horrible industriell behavier and sourrounding.

Message 64 of 124 (1,769 Views)

Re: Eco Footprint is running down and down in a loop

★★ Guide

I have testet an older savegame. Until this savegame my sims did not leave the neigborhood (the station quarter) and it became a very green footprint. With this savegame i now testet to visit the industriell habor. The smog immediatly ist gone, well breath. And if i return to my active neighboorhod, it starts to loose its fine footprint. 

It was not the patch of this morning. I only recognized in this morning the change, that my visit yesterday evening in the pub at the habor left behind.

Message 65 of 124 (1,739 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

After more testing, the biggest issue I've noticed is that every time you travel to a different neighborhood, the game will revert back to using the old street_convergence value in your save data for the neighborhood you just traveled from. For example, if Port Promise has street_convergence of 450 in your save data, and then you loaded the game up and played in Port Promise & changed street_convergence to 100 through your gameplay. Now if you traveled from Port Promise to, say, Grims Quarry without saving your game, then the game will revert back to using 450 for Port Promise's street_convergence and forgot you've changed it to 100 until you visit Port Promise again. This is important because the neighborhood's eco footprint value will continue to decay until it reaches the convergence point even when you're playing in a different neighborhood.

The culprit of this behavior is the finalize_startup() method of the EcoFootprintStateProviderMixin class:

def finalize_startup(self):
    street_service = services.street_service()
    street = street_service.get_street(self)
    for (state_type, state) in self._eco_footprint_states.items():
        is_active = state_type == self._curr_state_type
        state.finalize_startup(is_active)
    if not self._is_eco_footprint_compatible:
        return
    if street is services.current_street():
        self._fully_compute_street_convergence()
        self.update_simulation_if_stale(street_service.enable_eco_footprint)
    elif self._simulating_eco_footprint_on_street and self._persisted_convergence is not None:
        footprint_stat = self.get_street_footprint()
        footprint_stat.convergence_value = self._persisted_convergence

The bolded lines here set the neighborhood's street_convergence to _persisted_convergence from your save data. The problem is that finalize_startup() is ran every time you travel, so the second time it runs it will incorrectly override a neighborhood's street_convergence to the old value from the save data. To fix this, I believe you can simply remove the bolded lines from finalize_startup() and add them to the _load_street_eco_footprint_data() method of the same class, which only runs once when you first load the save file. For example:

def finalize_startup(self):
    street_service = services.street_service()
    street = street_service.get_street(self)
    for (state_type, state) in self._eco_footprint_states.items():
        is_active = state_type == self._curr_state_type
        state.finalize_startup(is_active)
    if not self._is_eco_footprint_compatible:
        return
    if street is services.current_street():
        self._fully_compute_street_convergence()
        self.update_simulation_if_stale(street_service.enable_eco_footprint)

def _load_street_eco_footprint_data(self, eco_footprint_data):
    current_state_type = eco_footprint_data.current_eco_footprint_state
    if current_state_type == EcoFootprintStateType.NEUTRAL:
        self._curr_state_type = EcoFootprintStateType.NEUTRAL
    elif current_state_type == EcoFootprintStateType.GREEN:
        self._curr_state_type = EcoFootprintStateType.GREEN
    else:
        self._curr_state_type = EcoFootprintStateType.INDUSTRIAL
    self._simulating_eco_footprint_on_street = eco_footprint_data.effects_are_simulated
    self._persisted_convergence = eco_footprint_data.convergence
    if self._simulating_eco_footprint_on_street:
        footprint_stat = self.get_street_footprint()
        footprint_stat.convergence_value = self._persisted_convergence

Message 66 of 124 (1,655 Views)

★★ Guide

Sorry, I don't understand, what lines I should fix. I think EA has to do somethink, not me in any lines or what else.

I don't know, what you are showing there. I am only a gamer, not an informatic student.

Message 67 of 124 (1,603 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle- Eco Footprint Bug

★ Apprentice

I think there is also a fundamental problem that so much of the footprint is determined by values set on build and buy items, but there are shockingly few build and buy items that even have a footprint at all, so presuming everything else counts as neutral it's no wonder that that is the default, yes? Besides the wallpapers and floor tiles, almost none of the items in build mode have been assigned eco or industrial footprints. There are also issues where one variant of a window set will be assigned, but the others in the matching set are not for no apparent reason, and some items have the text blurb but no assigned value. It seems to me like they full on left this system unfinished and that is at least part of why it is entirely non-functioning.

Message 68 of 124 (1,555 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle- Eco Footprint Bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@pepperamac There are actually tags for items in Build and Buy that we don't see in the catalog that affect the eco footprint.

I think that's related to something I read about the lot score being hidden, but I'm waiting for an update to Sims 4 Studio before I can sort this out more, because this is something I just found in the tag.TagCategory XML file. It holds all the tags for various things in-game.

I also think something is bugged in regards to traveling resetting the eco footprint, because I've seen that behavior in my own game. I travel to a neutral neighborhood, and can come back to my find my home neighborhood that was green is now neutral despite no changes to it, and having only been gone from the lot for a few hours. 

Message 69 of 124 (1,488 Views)

Re: All of my Eco Footprints are Neutral

★★ Guide
I’ve been experiencing a similar issue. I noticed that when my sim travels from her home lot to a different lot in the same world, the Eco footprint completely empties while on a different lot and it stays that way upon arriving back to their residential lot. After a day or so, the Eco footprint is back up to a neutral state but it never seems to go further than that. Only difference I guess, is that I’m playing in Sulani and not Evergreen.
Message 70 of 124 (1,461 Views)