Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Issues with Eco Footprint Changes

by marcelle_evans

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I've got the same issue. All lots are "green" eco-footprint and the bar in the footprint advances so in one day it gets to "neutral". Then, the bar keeps advancing and it gets to "green" again... it seems its a loop....

Message 31 of 124 (3,522 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's dropping too fast for me too. In Conifer, I have 3 lots with green footprint (excluding the 2 apartments), and it keeps dropping despite me doing mostly green activities like gardening and not having a TV. In Port Promise, it dropped to neutral within a day despite all lots having industrial footprints. I used the cheats to bring them back to full, but half a day later it's halfway down again.

Message 32 of 124 (3,512 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I went into manage worlds to change other buildings including Bar and Comm Space and houses to so very eco green, it worked for a while but especially if I travel to another town or world it bounces back, to neutral. It also often, even if I don't travel, bounces back and forth tho there's nothing else that could possibly be added, there are so many solar panels and wind turbines , trees and flowers, everything that could greatly add to the eco friendly Green Promise.

Message 33 of 124 (3,483 Views)

Re: Neighborhood Eco Footprint can't move from Neutral

★★ Apprentice

Having same/similar issue. In Port Promise. Got neighborhood to fully green, steady through two days of gameplay and I did travel to another lot during that time. Saved. Reopened game today and eco footprint rapidly decreasing, all the way back to neutral in one day and looks like it will hit industrial soon. No changes whatsoever to what is on my lot or others.

I also have part of an oven somehow in my lawn, people jogging naked, the fizzing station suddenly not able to be interacted with, and people walking into my house without being invited. Pretty annoying bugs this time.

Message 34 of 124 (3,446 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@SennaWales wrote:

In Port Promise, it dropped to neutral within a day despite all lots having industrial footprints.

Wait, this makes sense with another annoyance. I noticed in James Turner's early access let's play videos and in my own gameplay that the game changed from Industrial to Neutral in the first 24 hours, despite me doing absolutely nothing to improve the neighborhood. So it makes sense that 'hood footprints have a default value of neutral and are somehow returning to default, regardless of lot status.

Message 35 of 124 (3,445 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey all. I’m assuming this is a bug! I’ve been playing since the night it came out. Everything on my lot is eco-friendly NOTHING industrial. I even went to other lots and made sure nothing was industrial. I was able to make sure they were all eco-friendly as well. My meter will go all the way up to ALMOST full and then it’ll drop back down to neutral. Back and forth. Though I don’t change anything. Unless I’m missing something, I think there’s a bug. Super frustrating if you’re trying to make the bar full! Hoping this gets addressed! 

Message 36 of 124 (3,390 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Eco Footprint Bar Continuously Declines After One Fire

★★★ Novice

SAME is happening to me. To a T. It’s frustrating! 

Message 37 of 124 (3,389 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this exact same problem, and I'm relieved to know it's not just a "my computer" thing. It's frustrating to fix up all the lots so they're green, but then it always reads as neutral.

Message 38 of 124 (3,340 Views)

★ Novice

I've got the same problem on Xbox One. One of my Sims lives in Sulani, on the more remote island and on the lot Caldera Camp. He's the only one living on this island and he lives off the grid and has wind turbines and solar panels and no industrial adding items at all, and yet the eco footprint goes back and forth for no reason at all. It stays Green for several game hours and then goes back to neutral, builds back up to Green, and on and on it goes. It's rather frustrating as well as inconvenient. Granted, it's not the worst thing that could happen, but I do hope it gets resolved soon otherwise what's the point of having it active if nothing one does actually has a full change when it should?

Message 39 of 124 (3,368 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle- Eco Footprint Bug

★★★★ Guide

@Marquillotuca89 wrote:

@KeenKBI want to contribute in this problem.
To be clear, there are two ecofootprint metters:

1) Street Ecofootprint (the one you can see)
2) Lot Ecofootprint (this is hidden)

Lot eco footprint can be changed:
1) By buy mode objects
2) By build mode objects

While buy mode objects change the eco footprint of a lot progressively, the ones from build mode will change it immediately by adding points to that metter.

What happens with EA building from Evergreen Harbour is that most lots DON'T fulfill the quantity of build objects required to change the ecofoootprint of the lot immediately, so anytime you visit the lot, or travel from one world to another, the lots will lose their industrial eco footprint because they don't have "enough points" to have it. 

And to be clear, the buy mode objects will change the lot ecofootprint throughout time. The more you have, the quicker it'll be, but this won't affect other lots unless you visit them and stay on them until the ecofoorprint change (which a found silly, honestly. It wasn't that hard to add an update service)

I'm pretty sure there is a bug that the game is not using the LOT_FOOTPRINT value from other inactive lots in the neighborhoods to calculate STREET_FOOTPRINT.

Because LOT_FOOTPRINT is not initialized until you visit a lot, the game also has a default footprint value for each lot in the game. Every lot in Port Promise has a default value of 450, and every lot in Grims Quarry has a default value of -450. Most lots in other worlds have a default value of 0, with some exceptions (for example the lot Spencer-Kim-Lewis' house is on has a default value of 100).

Here's a snippet of the function (_fully_compute_street_convergence) that the game uses to calculate STREET_FOOTPRINT from each lot's LOT_FOOTPRINT.

zone_data = persistence_service.get_zone_proto_buff(zone_ids[0])
if zone_data is not None:
    commodity_tracker_data = zone_data.gameplay_zone_data.commodity_tracker
    for stat_data in commodity_tracker_data.commodities:
        stat_cls = statistics_manager.get(stat_data.name_hash)
        if stat_cls is EcoFootprintTunables.LOT_FOOTPRINT:
            stat_value = stat_data.value
            break
    house_desc_id = services.get_house_description_id(zone_data.lot_template_id, zone_data.lot_description_id, zone_data.active_plex)
    stat_value = services.get_eco_footprint_value(house_desc_id)

What's the problem here? Well the function first attempts to check if LOT_FOOTPRINT has been initialized on a lot. If it's already initialized it will set stat_value to this value. And then the function retrieves the default footprint value of the lot and set it to stat_value. This is the exact opposite order how it should be done, as here the default footprint value will always override the actual LOT_FOOTPRINT value of the lot. To fix this, switch the order of the code. For example:

if zone_data is not None:
    house_desc_id = services.get_house_description_id(zone_data.lot_template_id, zone_data.lot_description_id, zone_data.active_plex)
    stat_value = services.get_eco_footprint_value(house_desc_id)
    commodity_tracker_data = zone_data.gameplay_zone_data.commodity_tracker
    for stat_data in commodity_tracker_data.commodities:
        stat_cls = statistics_manager.get(stat_data.name_hash)
        if stat_cls is EcoFootprintTunables.LOT_FOOTPRINT:
            stat_value = stat_data.value
            break

This way. the game would first set stat_value to the default footprint value of the lot, and then check if LOT_FOOTPRINT has been initialized. If it's been initialized, replace stat_value with the actual value of LOT_FOOTPRINT.

Message 40 of 124 (3,299 Views)