Re: Eco Lifestyle- Eco Footprint Bug

by Marquillotuca89

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Colour_of_SnowThank you for replying. It seems that the neighboring lots in Port Promise and other worlds aren’t promised to turn green.

Message 21 of 124 (2,328 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I think we need to ask EA to add un update service on the state of other lots even when you're not on them. 

iT'S ALMOST IMPOSIBLE to change the ecofootprint of a lot with only buid objects and staying on those lots all the time to keep em industrial/green is not an option. 

Message 22 of 124 (2,319 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@KeenKB Anytime! Yeah, seems like it 😅

Message 23 of 124 (2,317 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Marquillotuca89 Yes, I agree. How do we go about asking? I’m new to EA Answer HQ. I seen it on The Sims Instagram page when they replied to people who experienced bugs.
Message 24 of 124 (2,382 Views)

★ Guide
@KeenKB This "forum" work as a tool to do it, the more poeple report this, the better.
Message 25 of 124 (2,283 Views)

Re: Neighborhood Eco Footprint can't move from Neutral

Hero
@rachelwolfe Does this only happen if you download stuff from the gallery or also if you turn them green through gameplay means ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 124 (2,274 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Also if you turn them green through gameplay means. I first discovered the bug when trying to make Foxbury go green by adding green build elements and objects, enacting eco-friendly N.A.P.s, and having my student sim install eco upgrades on all appliances. That said, however, I had already updated the campus with lots I downloaded from the gallery a long time ago, when Discover University first came out, so I can't be certain that having a downloaded lot is not a trigger for the bug.

Message 27 of 124 (2,253 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Upon further reflection and reading a number of eco footprint bug posts across the internet (not just on this site), I believe this problem, "Eco footprint changes too fast" (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-ECO-Eco-Footprint-changes-too-fast/td-p/9180818), and "Eco footprint bar continuously declines after one fire" (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Eco-Footprint-Bar-Continuously-Declines-After/...) to all be the same bug. 

What it seems is happening is that the two types of eco footprint--by lot and by neighborhood, respectively--are not communicating with each other, such that you can change individual lots to green or industrial, but the neighborhood eco footprint calculation is not taking the lot scores into account. As a result, the neighborhood eco footprint bar, in what it perceives as the absence of any data, either drives relentlessly toward neutral or gets stuck on neutral. 

As this is a major, central gameplay feature of the pack, I hope the developers will give this issue their immediate attention and release a fix for it soon.

(And just in case it helps to know this, I formerly worked as a professional game tester, so I have been both rigorous and meticulous in my information-gathering and testing of this bug.)

Message 28 of 124 (2,247 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@rachelwolfe I believe you're on to something. I have the exact same bug where the neighborhood eco footprint keeps jumping between green and neutral even though I've been playing as green as I can and I redid all the lots in port promise until every single one had a green footprint for the lot. So all lots have a green footprint and there are green NAPs active yet the neighborhood eco footprint stubbornly clings to neutral. It occasionally makes it to green for a short while but then quickly falls back to neutral.
Message 29 of 124 (2,277 Views)

Hero

Hi guys

I merged 3 Eco footprint issues into one 

As @rachelwolfe  posted, it seems that it's generally something not working as intended and I think it's best to have one thread so the dev see that many people are affected.

If you pressed me too on any of these threads, you might need to do it again as me toos get lost when I merge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 124 (2,255 Views)