Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Game crashes when loading Household

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing old saves.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game just crashes without any error notice whenever I try to play an old family.
What do you expect to see? My 5 year old save file working without a problem especially after I've downloaded the update that was supposed to do that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Hot Fix Patch from June 4th.

June 3rd's patch did not give me this problem. June 4th's did.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted title

Message 3 of 131 (9,810 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crashing after installing Eco Lifestyle

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed a crash that occurred when loading some households

Fixed in Patch 1.63.136/ 1.27

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 129 of 131 (9,503 Views)

All Replies

June update Crashing PC

★★★ Novice

Last fix didn't work for me.
I have 4 different copies of my main save, 2 on my PC, 2 on my laptop - none of them would load. Game just crashes every time I try to load my save. Never happened before. I tried removing mods, I cleared the cache, I repaired the game - nothing. The other empty save work perfectly though
Years of game progress just got wasted

Message 1 of 131 (9,239 Views)

Re: June update Crashing PC

@YankeeDew  Do you see an error code when the save crashes?  If so, please take a screenshot and attach it to a post.

Otherwise, please try loading the save in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, launch the game to create a clean folder, and quit.  Then go into the saves folder inside the folder you moved, copy your main save, and paste it into the saves folder inside the new Sims 4 folder.  Don't add any other content yet; just see whether you can load the save.

If not, try manually recovering a backup save and then see whether it will load in the new folder.  Here's how:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 131 (9,200 Views)

Re: SAVES WON'T WORK BECAUSE OF THE HOT FIX

Hero
@_souzalaura Does it crash to the desktop ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 131 (9,767 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes! It Just shows "The Sims has stopped working".
Message 5 of 131 (9,762 Views)

Hero
@_souzalaura Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 131 (9,742 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 7 of 131 (9,696 Views)

Hero

Hi @_souzalaura 

I have no issues loading that

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 131 (9,679 Views)

June 4th update is crashing my game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest one June 4th
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL Expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The latest update June 4th where i open the sims 4 game and press play on a household and the game crashes and turns off this is with CURRENT save games
What happens when the bug occurs? The game turns off
What do you expect to see? The loading screen opens the Sims household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I never got a crashing issue with the June 3rd update, but as soon as it was updated on June 4th it starting crashing every single time i press play on a household, this is been after i also downloaded eco living aswell, I have MODS too, but i took the mods out and its still an issue with or without mods PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE ITS SO BADDDDDD P.s this is with current saved games not new ones

Message 9 of 131 (9,696 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Did you try to load the Knight Blue family in the apartment in Evergreen Harbor? That's the only family I've been having trouble with.
Message 10 of 131 (9,666 Views)