[FIXED] [ECO] [GTW] [CD] [DO] Business breaks Lot with Modern Develop

by TragiccSimmer

Original Post

Re: Blue area outside restaurant lot in Evergreen H. (NOT graphical settings iss

@CallMeSuperboy 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Would you also be willing to share your save with me so I can check it in my game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 31 of 47 (1,015 Views)

Re: Blue area outside restaurant lot in Evergreen H. (NOT graphical settings iss

★★ Apprentice

Hi, sorry for the slightly late reply, I didn't have a chance to try everything before today. I updated my laptop yesterday hoping that might work but it didn't. I also tried repairing the game via Origin and that didn't work either, it still appears blue when I open the restaurant. Playing at night (in game) shows something like stars in the blue area.

I've attached the screenshots of my Mac's specifications, including the video/graphics section even though I'm like 99% sure I don't have a dedicated graphics card. 

I've never shared a save file before, so I followed some instructions and uploaded it to my drive. There were 4 versions in my saves so I downloaded Ver 4 because I assumed that would be the latest save? Let me know if it doesn't work. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QjEUR6eu_IbY8dstdg95XC9Hnex6tMCj/view?usp=sharing

Message 32 of 47 (980 Views)

@CallMeSuperboy

Thanks, really helpful Standard smile Form a quick look I would guess the issue is your Intel 4000 graphics chip simply due to age and underperformance. There have been several random issues with them right from when the game as released (you don't have a dedicated GPU).

I'll get the time to test your save later today or tomorrow, thanks for uploading it.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 33 of 47 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CallMeSuperboy 

Yep, I can repro on my iMac with AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB running 10.14.6 Mojave, it only happens when the restaurant is open:

08-29-20_7_07_12 PM.png

Does it happen with any other restaurant you place there? Could you test a couple more? I'll play around with the lot a bit in the meantime and see if something specific is causing it.

Edit - I've just loaded the game a couple more times and couldn't get it to happen again. Is it dependant on certain weather or Eco conditions do you think? I loaded the family, opened the restaurant then travelled to the restaurant each time.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 34 of 47 (948 Views)

@CallMeSuperboy

Merged your post into this bug report on the issue Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 35 of 47 (938 Views)

Retail Lot in Evergreen Harbor: Ground disappears

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a really weird bug that concerns only one lot as far as I'm aware. I tested it with three different sims now. I placed a retail lot in evergreen harbor and whenever I travel there with any sim not owning the retail business, the ground around the lot disappears. (They can still walk on it though, they just float above a blue abyss kinda..)

I can't really tell whether it's the combination of eco lifestyle and retail, or the lot I'm using (the Kaboose) but it doesn't happen if I place the same building in another map. I tested it randomly in Windenburg and it was all fine. In case you want to test it, I used this build: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E3675ACE179E11EB81E4F063F73A62CC

I can't tell you if this is a new issue or was here all along as it is the first retail lot I placed in Evergreen Harbor.

I'll attach some screenshots of the problem.

Message 36 of 47 (911 Views)

Re: Retail Lot in Evergreen Harbor: Ground disappears

Hero
@cinnaluna This is a known bug. I merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 47 (889 Views)

Road Dissapears On Eco Map when at The Portsmouth Promenade lot.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just go to the The Portsmouth Promenade lot for a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? The road dissapears in game and build mode.
What do you expect to see? The road.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims 4 Road Dissapears on the eco map when at the The Portsmouth Promenade (The Crane One) lot for a few minutes.Image 1Image 2Image 3

Message 38 of 47 (909 Views)

Re: Road Dissapears On Eco Map when at The Portsmouth Promenade lot.

Hero

Hi @itsjoemybro 

As the virus scanner is currently not working, could you try putting the pictures in your post directly

Click on the picture icon in the icon bar to do so

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 47 (901 Views)

Re: Road Dissapears On Eco Map when at The Portsmouth Promenade lot.

★★ Novice
@crinrict Done
Message 40 of 47 (893 Views)