Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

by meubanks68

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Exact same thing has started happening to me since the last couple of updates. I have all packs, turned off NAP, autonomy off. Nothing changes. For me my sims stop doing an action in the middle of it to practice programming, use robotics machine or use a future cube, which are spawning at a rapid rate. Even when I sell all cubes they still somehow keep using them from the inventory. They stop doing almost everything I tell them to do and it's becoming quite unplayable. I always turn off autonomy. 

Message 321 of 378 (1,205 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This keeps happening to me as well! It's so incredibly annoying! It only started happening to me after the last update!

Message 322 of 378 (1,156 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

★★ Novice

I have this issue while in campus as well with clay. Making money from it but it's become a distraction for my sim and caused him to fail a term.

Message 323 of 378 (1,110 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

★ Novice

I am having the same issue with my student at University as well. No one else in my save. 

Message 324 of 378 (1,038 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Psychotps wrote:

@helix369 

ECO is completely broken and useless.

In order to fix your sims, there's a LOT you have to do.  Here's what you'll need to do...

* Go into the game settings and turn off NPC Voting.

* Turn on Testingcheats, Play a sim in EVERY neighborhood in the game (if you have ALL the packs, there are 42 of them!) Shift-Click on the mailbox and cheat-repeal ALL NAPs in each.

* Download and install Basemental's "Stuck N.A.P's Fix" from MTS.

* Run Basemental's cheat command "fix_stuck_naps"

* Save

* NEVER vote for a NAP again.

Another method to doing it would be to completely disable the entire ECO pack. But you'll lose everything that has to do with ECO then.

Unfortunately, if you're on console, you're SOL.

It's not completely broken.. only about 85%. Wink

There is a mod-free way to fix existing Sims (so it should work on console too):

1. Turn off NPC voting (and leave it off forever, unless you like chaos)
  2. In every neighbourhood with played Sims, repeal all* NAPs (using cheats as above is fastest)
  3. While playing a different household than the one you want to fix, invite the broken Sim(s) over to visit
  4. While they are on the lot, cheat enact then immediately repeal the NAP(s) they are affected by
  5. Send them home (or hang out and socialize.. they're fixed now)
  6. Repeat 3-5 for all broken Sims

It's possible to skip steps 3-6 by disabling the Eco pack, saving the game without it, then re-enabling it.  But as @Psychotps said, that'll destroy everything you've done with Eco.  Either way, turn off NPC voting and repeal NAPs first.  Also remember to delete any clay/cubes in your Sims' inventories - they do like to play with it even without bugs, although they shouldn't interrupt other actions to do so.

*Not all NAPs are broken in this way, so if you do want to play a bit with them, choose the non-broken ones (but don't let NPCs vote ever, because they will pick stupid things).

• Clean Energy Production, Eco-Friendly Appliances, Green Gardening, Upcycling Initiative - all just bring weekly inspections with specific (but easy to meet) requirements and a fine if you don't comply.  I use these four in pretty much all my neighbourhoods now.
  • Water Conservation, Power Conservation, We Wear Bags - don't make your Sims insane, but you have to deal with the utility cutoffs or all your neighbours wearing bags..
  • All of the other NAPs add autonomous actions to Sims outside the current household.  The trigger for these actions doesn't clear properly in certain circumstances, so when you play those Sims, they still do them - this is the root cause of the NAP-related autonomy bugs (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-saved-on/t...)
Message 325 of 378 (1,028 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My households are spawning large numbers of the clay object in their inventory, and they will constant interrupt other actions to play with the clay. The clay can be sold or deleted normally, though. I'm not sure when this occurs, but I do play a rotation, so it could be related to household switching. I haven't tested to confirm this, though.

Message 326 of 378 (1,004 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My households are spawning large numbers of the clay object in their inventory, and they will interrupt other actions to play with the clay. The clay can be sold or deleted normally, though. I'm not sure when this occurs, but I do play a rotation, so it could be related to household switching. I haven't tested to confirm this, though. In some cases, the sims will have 60+ of the item in their inventory. I wonder if it's related to keeping gift piles on the lot? I don't always remove them after holidays.  I'm not sure how to test it. 

Message 327 of 378 (1,004 Views)

★★ Novice
@heather1314 This keeps happening to me but with clay. Every time my Sim switches from one activity to another they stop to play with some clay first, which spawns new in their inventory every time so each Sim basically has 8 clays in their inventory all the time, even though I keep selling them they just come back.
Message 328 of 378 (997 Views)

Future Cubes keep appearing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except for Star Wars, nifty nitty, Moschino, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, backyard stuff, perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff and free guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just do anything and a cube will show up
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim always gets future cubes and they always want to practise programming.
What do you expect to see? sims always have future cubes and are always playing an instrument
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Future cubes appearing 

Message 329 of 378 (959 Views)

Re: Future Cubes keep appearing

★★★★★ Apprentice

I recommend everyone who doesn't use mods and is having this problem does what @Raynn0124 suggests above, and spreads the word. It was a tedious slog but it fixed my save. Maybe there will be a patch that sorts it eventually, but I'm glad I didn't hold out.

Message 330 of 378 (898 Views)