Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

by wades_wiilson

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

★★★ Apprentice

Oh my goodness, the Lumps of Clay thing is getting ridiculous!   They spawn from all sorts of actions, sleeping, doing homework, as quickly as I delete them, well sell them, my sim has a new one they are continually playing with. And then I stop that action but that lump doesn't appear back in inventory! I'm guessing I could delete in build mode, though taking them out one by one onto the floor is unreasonable and impractical, especially as one of my sims had 74, after a quick change of household.

Message 121 of 378 (1,088 Views)

★★★ Guide

@StargazerSapphy wrote:

Right so i tried earlier disabling the pack and getting rid of all the n.a.p.s, saving and re-enabling it again. It's worked for all of my other problematic sims and it seemed to have fixed the problem, but now a week after doing so i have another sim that's started excessively spawning future cubes again. 😐 and i know for a fact there is no tech support n.a.p. because i removed all the n.a.p.s except green initiatives and modern development. I dont want to go through the entire process again it took me all day to get my evergreen harbor back the way it was at first 😭

@StargazerSapphy  It *may* work to try this:

- Play another household that's friends with the affected Sim

- Use a cheat to enact the Tech Support NAP

- Invite the affected Sim over to visit

- When the Sim is on the lot, use the cheat to repeal the NAP

Sims pick up the behaviours for NAPs in neighborhoods they visit (as visitors, or just walking around in the background) - they should lose them when they leave, but if you exit the game or go to manage worlds while they're on a lot, the NAP behaviour sticks.  Repealing the NAP while they're there should clear it.  Make sure you don't exit the lot while the NAP is active, or you may infect other Sims.

For the disabling the pack thing, NAPs need to be repealed (and NPC voting turned off) *before* you play with the pack disabled - otherwise they will still be in place when you re-enable it.  Maybe check any other neighborhoods that you have played Sims in and make sure they don't have anything active.  The invite/repeal method should work for a few stray behaviours - disabling the pack is a sledgehammer approach when a lot of Sims are fubar. Standard smile

Message 122 of 378 (1,031 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Raynn0124 That would be worth trying. Unfortunately I already fixed mine. I know the NAPs are corrupting sims. This has been proven. I manually repealed ALL naps in ALL hoods and I still had sims corrupted.

It's not the "hidden" CivicPolicy traits. I removed those myself. There must be some "hidden-hidden" traits or settings corrupting them. Ones I can't see. The only thing I could figure out to fix them was removing the pack and re-saving them. That was the only thing that fixed them.
Message 123 of 378 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Psychotps Under Commodities (viewed with Ita_ShowSimInfo) they get commodity_Civic_Policy_Effect_NPCAutonomy_whatever.  It's applied to inactive Sims on a lot where the NAP is in place, and removed when they leave the lot normally.  Unfortunately, it doesn't get removed if the Sim is on the lot when going to Manage Worlds (or presumably exiting the game, but I haven't actually tested that).  So switching households while hosting or visiting other families bugs the other family (and any Sims that happen to be walking by).  Repealing the NAP removes the commodity from all NPC Sims on the lot (I tested using cheats, but presumably it would happen at 6pm on Monday too).  Just sending them home clears it too - but anytime the NAP is active, exiting the lot bugs any NPC Sims on it.

Playing without the pack seems to clear all of these commodities too (since they're not recognized anymore, I guess).  But it doesn't remove any NAPs that were in place beforehand (I learned that the hard way - re-enabled the pack, and my Sims were fine, but NAPs still all over the place, so I had to do it again).  It's a good solution if a lot of Sims are affected, but since it also resets everything a player has done in Evergreen Harbour or with any items from the pack, it's a bit heavy-handed.

Message 124 of 378 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

On PS4. The clay issue just began in my game after I placed and played a house in Evergreen Harbor. It did not occur before I saved that household. I have not voted on any community action plans, and I have had voting and footprint turned off since before I placed and played the new household.

EXPANSION: Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle

GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic

STUFF: Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party

FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar

Message 125 of 378 (955 Views)

★★ Novice

This happens in my game, too. Inactive sims of my played household (I have autonomy turned off) also randomly start playing instruments even though there are none in the house. I’ll send the family’s father to make dinner and he can’t get to the refrigerator because Mom is there practicing on her violin OR frantically checking one of the 50 future cubes that turned up in her inventory....

Playing in German on PC, all major packs installed except for Vampires and Jungle Adventure and a couple Accessories packs 

Message 126 of 378 (952 Views)

★★ Novice
@wades_wiilson Haha my Sim started dating Knox as well :D
Message 127 of 378 (947 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@chloemilan101 I'm very upset because I made him over and they'd just had twins but as much as I want to play, this in conjunction with the fabricator noise bug make the pack unplayable.

Message 128 of 378 (942 Views)

★★ Novice
@wades_wiilson Ah that’s annoying...I haven’t seen the fabricator noise bug Frown I love this pack but it being so buggy really makes me want to wait until it’s fixed before I play again. I had one family that wouldn’t do anything I tried to get them to do. All they wanted to do was check their stupid cubes and randomly play instruments...fingers crossed that they’ll fix this mess soon
Message 129 of 378 (937 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Raynn0124 Unfortunately that's not it. I have ShowSimInfo. I used it to find the names of all the "hidden" CivicPolicy traits and actually made my own cheat command that removes them all. I looked through all their traits, hidden and not, removed anything with "CivicPolicy" in it and they were STILL bugged, interrupting all actions and spawning clay, even with NO NAPs enabled anywhere.

Removing the entire pack was the only thing that fixed it.
Message 130 of 378 (802 Views)