Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Get Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My entire household was visiting another house ("household 2"). I switched to play household 2 for less than a minute while the original household was on the lot and then switched back to the original household while still on household 2's lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Future Cubes spawn in the active household's inventory. The moment Sims are done with one task (usually "Practice Programming" unless all computers are removed from the lot), they immediately check their Future Cube. However, a new cube spawns each time a Sim does this.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see no Future Cubes being spawned, active Sims not checking Future Cubes after every action, and for adult Sims to want to do something other than "Practice Programming."
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My entire household was visiting another house ("household 2"). I switched to play household 2 for less than a minute while the original household was on the lot and then switched back to the original household while still on household 2's lot. I came back to find everyone in both households playing with Future Cubes. Future Cubes spawn in the active household's inventory. The moment Sims are done with one task, they immediately check their Future Cube. However, a new cube spawns each time a Sim does this. Sometimes they'll check a Future Cube and when they are done, it won't be in their inventory.

When the original household returned to their lot, adults only wanted to "Practice Programming." They will stop their current action to go to a computer to "Practice Programming." I removed the computers on the lot and the Sims won't do anything else autonomously - other than check their Future Cubes.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 378 (37,136 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

Hero

Sims no longer have Clay Blobs, Future Cubes, and/or Sketch Pads spawn infinitely in their Inventory. This felt like grabbing something out of Felix the Cat’s bag… just a never-ending bag of Clay Blobs, Future Cubes, and Sketch Pads… what did it all mean!? We may never know.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Few things to note

1. Sims will still play with clay and future cubes and clay if you have the NAP active. They should no longer be permanent though

2. Existing future cubes/clay will probably stay in your inventory so you need to delete them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 378 of 378 (11,312 Views)

All Replies

Re: Future Cubes Spawning in Inventories

★★ Apprentice
@heather1314 Glad I am not the only one experiencing this, its extremely annoying. Although I am playing on PC.
Message 2 of 378 (36,963 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Known Facts about this issue

• This issue is caused by the N.A.P that came with the Eco pack (Tech Support/CreativeArts)
  • NPCs create Future Cubes/Clay in their inventory if you have either Tech Support or Creative Arts active as N.A.P in your neighborhood. They will keep those which makes them use those later on and multiplying in your inventory
  • Older Save game still have both those NAPs stuck on a lot of Sims.
  • If you download Sims from the gallery, it's possible that they are affected by this already (not that they have cubes/clay in their inventory but they will develop an obsession)
  • Sims with the obsession stuck (see this thread for more details: NPC Autonomy commodities incorrectly being saved on Sims will constantly keep obsessing over them and create new ones in your inventory even if you delete them.
  • Voting for NAP takes place in all neighborhoods that have Sims that are in My Household. Neighborhood that don't that do not auto-vote. 

What can you do about it ?

• The worst bug that cause all Sims to have stuck NAPs was fixed and it's now only happening in rotational gameplay for active Sims. Please read the thread linked above to see various methods on how to get rid of those stuck NAPs.
  • Sell all cubes and clay from Sims that already have them (yeah, lots of money)
  • Remove the Tech Support/Creative from all your neighorhoods, then turn of NPCs voting in your options (you might still messages for voting taking place but that should just be a message issue).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 378 (36,926 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This keeps happening to me too, I was so confused where these Future Cubes kept spawning from. I hope this is fixed soon.

Message 4 of 378 (36,898 Views)

Hero
@R13n3 Randomly or did you do similar as OP ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 378 (36,870 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I usually play with four different households, so yeah, it probably happened sometime when I was switching between them. Not sure how to get rid of it.

Message 6 of 378 (36,848 Views)

★ Guide

@R13n3 Someone on Twitter said marking a household as unplayed, playing in another, and going back into the unplayed household worked for them. It didn't for me. Worth a shot?

Message 7 of 378 (36,825 Views)

★ Guide

I have noticed many of my townies walking around my neighborhood with future cubes. They stop and check the cube and usually cry at the result. So it's not just active households, either.

Message 8 of 378 (36,817 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Future Cubes Spawning in Inventories (after switching househol

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I only play one household at a time, so I haven't checked the actual inventories of the sims doing this, but I've noticed since the update/installing Eco Lifestyle, other sims (not in the active household) are constantly playing with future cubes, as well as molding clay, and some sort of tablet (possibly the digital sketchpad, but I'm not 100% sure).

Edit: The tablet I spoke of was actually not the digital sketchpad, but the one that comes from the Civil Designer career.

Message 9 of 378 (36,763 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Future Cubes Spawning in Inventories (after switching househol

★ Apprentice

This occurred to me today, just after installing Eco yesterday. My sim moved from one university lot to another, then to the new eco neighbourhood - and before I knew it, she had like a gazillion future cubes in her inventory. And every time I delete them, more show up. 

Message 10 of 378 (36,742 Views)