Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Freelancer Crafter - Gigs Not Completing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs (san Cottage living), all game packs except Journey to Batuu and Dream Home Decorator. Stuff Packs: The Sims 4: Backyard Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Bowling Night Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff The Sims 4: Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select become a freelance crafter. I cannot select a gig in the jobs panel (this was fine before the update on 20/07/21)and instead, have to use the telephone. Once a gig is selected, I can complete the first two steps (chat to the client and then create the item) but after I have created the item and sent it to the client, the job does not acknowledge I have completed it and does not highlight the final step or complete.
What happens when the bug occurs? As above. I cannot complete the gig. I do not get the experience points or money. My sim does not get the money or experience for it. I have removed all mods, repaired the game via origin and it is still happening.
What do you expect to see? The final step to complete and be highlighted and for my sim to get the money and experience points and then allow me to get a new gig. Also, I can no longer select a gig via the jobs panel, I have to use the telephone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just installed the latest patch today - 20 July 2021

N/A

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, added tag

Message 1 of 188 (24,015 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Freelancer Gig - Gig Not Completing

Hero

Freelance Crafters can now send fabricated items via “Send to client for approval…” from computers to complete the “Send your finished work to the client” career task.

Fixed in Patch 1.91.205/1.64

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 188 of 188 (5,522 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@silver9899 I can confirm the broken jobs panel.

I tested this with the digipad artist (vanilla game, all packs, new save started after the patch) and was able to finish the job successfully.

Message 2 of 188 (23,987 Views)

Hero
@silver9899 For the panel not opening there's a thread here now: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Freelancer-No-gigs-via-job-panel/td-p/10525938

As yours seems to be two different issues, please me too that thread and let's troubleshoot the other.

- Do you have only issues with crafter or other freelancers too ?
- Have you tested multiple gigs ?
- Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 188 (23,941 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks, I've "Me-too'd" the other thread. I haven't tried any other freelancer gigs, though I am experiencing a similar issue with the paranomal investigator gig that doesn't recognise the job is complete either. But I will test the other types and multiple gigs too and come back to you later on today!
P.s yes I did deleter the cache file as well.

TIA
Message 4 of 188 (23,869 Views)

Hero
@silver9899 Like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PSP-Can-t-complete-gig-because-of-missing-pop-up/td-p/10378962 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 188 (23,863 Views)

★★★ Novice
@silver9899 The other problem with this bug is you can't cancel the gig via the rubbish bin icon on the gig job.
Message 6 of 188 (23,842 Views)

Hero
@WedgeAston yes, that's the same issue as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Freelancer-No-gigs-via-job-panel/td-p/10525938

Cancel button doesn't work either. You can use the phone instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 188 (23,831 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well. (I clicked 'me too'). I've never used mods or cc. 

I was able to complete a candle making gig, but nothing else that uses the fabricator. 

I can cancel the gig with the phone, but not using the trash icon. 

Message 8 of 188 (23,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EmptyMH So we're talking about this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Can-t-send-fabricated-items-to-client/td-p/917... ?

@silver9899 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 188 (23,817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

It's a little different. I am able to send it for approvals and it gets approved in the pop up, but never completes in the career tab. It happened with both a rug gig and a floor lamp gig. 

So now candle making gigs are also not completing either.

Message 10 of 188 (23,808 Views)