Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Failed woodworking showing **DEBUG** in Recylcer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet, Bowling Night, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a knife block at the Woodworking Table. Put it in your inventory. Click on the Guntdach Home Recycler, and select “Recycle From Inventory...” When your inventory list pops up, the knife block will show **DEBUG** as it’s item title.
What happens when the bug occurs? The knife block item shows **DEBUG** when you try to recycle it from your inventory.
What do you expect to see? The knife block item should show as Knife Block.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Eco Lifestyle, updated to the latest game version.

My Sim had level 1 Handiness skill. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 14 (1,445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ECO] Poor Quality Woodworking Sculptures Appear as DEBUG in Recylcer Menu

★★★ Novice

I have been unable to recreate this issue at this time. Since I first posted, I've downloaded and installed all newly released packs and patches. What was showing as **DEBUG** is now showing as Woodworking Disaster.

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (1,318 Views)

All Replies

Re: Knife Block showing **DEBUG**

Hero
@kmin1200 Is the knife the only object you have a debug text on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,407 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kmin1200 

I tested this and could not reproduce. Name was "Knotty or Knife block"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 14 (1,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes it is the only one I’ve seen so far. @crinrict 

Message 4 of 14 (1,358 Views)

Hero
@kmin1200 What quality does the knife have ? Can you repro if you do it again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (1,329 Views)

Hero
@kmin1200 Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict Yes I was able to reproduce it with a different Sim. It’s the first item they ever make on the woodworking table, with little to no handiness skill, so the quality is poor in both cases. 

Message 7 of 14 (1,295 Views)

Hero
@kmin1200 To be sure I'm testing the correct thing, could you add a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,279 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Screenshot (1).png

Message 9 of 14 (1,258 Views)

[ECO] Poor Quality Woodworking Sculptures Appear as DEBUG in Recylcer Menu

★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim with low handiness skill make a poor quality sculpture at the woodworking table. Try to recycle the failed sculpture at the Gundatch Home Recycler.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sculpture has the name of DEBUG in the recycle menu of the recycler.
What do you expect to see? The elephant's sculpture name appears in the recycler menu instead of DEBUG.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is related to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Failed-Knife-Block-showing-DEBUG-in-Recylcer/m...  bug. My  issue is different because all poor quality sculptures are affected in my game.  The only sculpture I didn't try was the sculpture unlock from Granite Falls.

Below is an example with the elephant sculpture:

07-09-20_5-58-53 AM.png

recycler.png

Message 10 of 14 (1,214 Views)