Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] [DU] Storage box stuck to cursor when trying to put in inventory

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions but snowy escape. All game packs except batuu, dream home decorator and my wedding stories. Laundry day stuff pack and the bust the dust kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy the Sticker Storage Box from eco living. Put an item in it and drag it into your sims inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? After you place an item into the storage box and drag it into your inventory. It will be stuck to your mouse until you place it on the ground then you can't open it, but you can favorite it as if it was in your inventory
What do you expect to see? The Sticker Storage Box being able to go in my sims inventory after I've added items as it's intended. And not be stuck like it's in my sims inventory but isn't.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm unsure if it was after a certain patch or not as I just used remembered that the sticker box existed again after not using it for a while.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title a bit, added tag

Message 1 of 7 (1,747 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ECO] [DU] Storage box with item stuck to cursor when trying to put in inven

Hero

Looks like this got ninja fixed in either of the last patches.

Let me know if you still have issues

Marking this as Fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,170 Views)

All Replies

Re: Inventory issue with the Sticker Storage Box

★ Novice

Having the same issue. I repaired the game, didn't fix it. Uninstalled and reinstalled, didn't fix it. No mods. 

Message 2 of 7 (1,681 Views)

Re: Inventory issue with the Sticker Storage Box

★ Pro

If anyone's looking for a mod fix, search for Carl's Double Inventory/Sack Lunch Fix Mod.

Message 3 of 7 (1,647 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [DU] Items in Storage Box/ICYA Chest become unowned

★★★★ Novice
@SimGuruNick I've have constant issues with the Eco. Living storage boxes not being able to move into their inventory and glitches thereafter, as in it disappears altogether. The items are from my legacy family (on 16th gen.) and have lost pictures (gone black) and my 14th gen. the storage box did eventually reappear, but this one had 4 gone missing today. It seems to keep happening and typically will get "system error" as well. I have a legacy museum for the main pics to hang up but I've got homemade items that were in storage that they just keep with them. I haven't had an issue with loss of ownership with the stuff in the boxes at least.
Message 4 of 7 (1,602 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [DU] Items in Storage Box/ICYA Chest become unowned

Hero
@LBeternity That is a different issue than the one you posted in so I moved your post over to the thread for the not move in inventory.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,584 Views)

Re: [ECO] [DU] Storage box with item stuck to cursor when trying to put in inven

★★ Apprentice

I use the Sticker Storage Boxes all the time to store things that can't be placed in the Buyer Beware storage chests, like paintings, upgrade parts, bees and soy wax, and other miscellaneous stuff that I wanted to be sure was moved from one house to another.

Until the 6/14 update I was able to click on the box, choose Put in Inventory and it would appear in my Sim's personal inventory. When they moved to another lot I could drag and drop the box from their inventory into whatever room. Now when I choose Put in Inventory the box doesn't actually go into their inventory though it behaves as though it had. It still remains on the floor in its original position but the options change from Put in Inventory to Place in World, which you would only see if the box was actually in their inventory.

If you try to drag and drop the box from the floor into their personal inventory, it sticks to the hand cursor. The only thing you can do to release it is try to place it back on the floor but more often than not, once you do that the box disappears. A couple of Sims days later the box re-appears in the your Sim's personal inventory but it is empty of it's contents.

Dragging and dropping the box from a lot into the Household Inventory works -- the box goes into the inventory and when you place it again the contents are there -- but I've noticed that when you place it back on the lot from the household inventory it seems to hesitate a moment before making the loud thunking sound to show it was placed.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with anything but I've also noticed various other things sticking to the cursor either when trying to drag them into a Sim's personal inventory or trying to sell them. One case was the dance floor reward from leveling the dance skill. When I tried to drag it to the sell bar it wouldn't release from the cursor, nor was I able to pick up anything else from the inventory or place anything on the lot or do anything to get rid of the item stuck to the hand cursor. Eventually I had to go to the Manage Worlds screen and reload the lot. There are also some times when I can't sell anything from the personal inventory without using multiselect.

Message 6 of 7 (1,507 Views)

Hero

Looks like this got ninja fixed in either of the last patches.

Let me know if you still have issues

Marking this as Fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,171 Views)