Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Cricket/bug house isn't harvesting

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My crickets were ready to harvest, but I decided to feed them first. Now I can't harvest them. It's been days and no option to harvest.
What happens when the bug occurs? Harvesting from bug houses stops working
What do you expect to see? Cricket meal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle

Feeding crickets shouldn't be tied to whether they are ready to harvest or not.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 34 (22,996 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Eco living -issue with insect farm

Hero

Fixed an issue with Insect Farms that were displaying Ready to Collect when they actually were not. Hold yer tiny insect horses little guys!

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39 (I think)

I do think this refers to this issue and there might actually be several issues in this thread so of you still have issues with harvesting insect farms, just create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 34 (7,023 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cricket/bug house isn't harvesting

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue, that goes for all the insects in the insect farm, the biofuel and/or harvesting options can only be done once, even though it says it's ready to harvest. If I clean out the farm and add new ones it works again, but just once until the samme issue arises. 

Message 2 of 34 (22,863 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Cricket/bug house isn't harvesting

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too. Unsure if it's connected to feeding them through composting causing them to glitch. I also notice that health of the critters are perpetually declining in addition to being unable to harvest.

I have all expansions, game, and stuff packs. No CC ever.

Message 3 of 34 (22,697 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Cricket/bug house isn't harvesting

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Possible quick-fix:

So after playing some more I saw that shift click with testing cheats on gave me an option to "refill health". When the health was good again, I could harvest the insects. So this means if the health of the insects is low, they're can't be harvested. So the game bug(hah) might rather be with the difficulty keeping the health up rather not being possible to harvest. I need to nuture like 5-10 times in a row to actually keep them somewhat healthy. 

Message 4 of 34 (22,643 Views)

Can't collect from insect farm

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except realm of magic, vampires and spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have an insect farm with bugs. Collect for the first time, then nurture them again. And collect for second time
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't collect for the second time (while the insect farm says it is ready to be collected)
What do you expect to see? The ability to collect Wink
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It seems that once you have collected from the insect farm once, you can't collect again (after the appropiate waiting time). 

BTW, clean out insect farm and rebuying the insects does work, though shouldn't be the route. It's a work around to not have to buy a complete new instect farm, but costs money as well

Message 5 of 34 (22,416 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Cricket/bug house isn't harvesting

★★★★ Novice
@Willowana I am having this issue as well, it seems to definitely be a bug.
Message 6 of 34 (22,261 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hehe bug

Message 7 of 34 (21,996 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@DiamondGrrl @Annabelli_22 try to 'nurture' the bug house 3-4 times in a row until the health is good again. Then it should be able to harvest. You can also use the testingcheats code, shift click and press "refill health". 

Message 8 of 34 (21,868 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. Have done it so far with grubs and beetles. I also notice the perpetual declining, but with no clear indication of how to make their health better. You shouldn't need to nurture a bunch of times to help with that.

In terms of the "harvesting" part of the bug box, I can harvest once and then not again, even if it says ready.

I have all packs except Moschino, My First Pet Stuff and Tiny Living. No CC or mods.

Message 9 of 34 (21,033 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm that nurturing the bugs 4 times in a row allows you to harvest again, but this isn't really a viable work-around as that many nurturing interactions take a lot of game time.

Message 10 of 34 (21,007 Views)