[FIXED] [ECO] Community space items not there/ Community Board Missing

by Mandy0Moo

Original Post

Re: [ECO] Community space items not there

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Trismagistos Ah ok. Was a bit confused there for a moment..

(CM: Edited to remove portion referring to removed post.)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 33 (3,327 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ButterflyRealm  maybe you can find it in debug or hidden world objects in build/buy - https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/cheats.php It appears that is available to console users as well as PC/Mac.

(CM: Edited to remove portion referring to removed post. Helpful advise remains)

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 33 (3,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Locking thread temporarily to review the contents. Once complete, the thread will be cleaned up and we'll be in touch regarding the rules of using this platform following. Please keep an eye out on your inbox.

Reopened. Thank you for your patience. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 13 of 33 (3,207 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Don’t want a workaround I would like what I paid for,which is the full pack.although your workaround is helpful to those who want it.

Message 14 of 33 (3,159 Views)

Re: [ECO] community space items not there

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes i experience the same! [PS4]

Can't find it in Debug, and it is just silly to have to go to the Gallery to download it...

Asked for help on EA support on Twitter and they asked me to report a bug and send me a link to do so...

Today I finally got over my anger/frustration and reported it.., so i would not be to sour on here 😅

Message 15 of 33 (3,147 Views)

[Sims 4] Eco Lifestyle Community Board Missing since January 2021 Patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Paranormal and Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a community lot on an empty lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The community board doesn't come up when clicking on the community board option under requirements. It is not able to be searched and doesn't show up under general community lot objects. When placing a lot with a community board in it, the object appears but cannot be cloned.
What do you expect to see? Be able to place and clone the community board from Eco Lifestyle and use it on previously blank lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not showing up in community space objects etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOz1aQshbyQ&feature=youtu.be

Not being able to be cloned: https://youtu.be/-bBhc2TSu54

Message 16 of 33 (3,176 Views)

Community voting board is missing from build buy

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, University, Snowy escape, parenthoot, dine out, moschino stuff, tiny living, fitness stuff, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn any lot (with building on it or not) into Community space. Can't find the community voting board by clicking the name in the lot requirements or searching it in build/buy.
What happens when the bug occurs? The community voting board can't be found.
What do you expect to see? The board should be in the build/buy catalouge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 17 of 33 (3,023 Views)

Community Board No Longer Exists in Build/Buy - Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except nifty knitting and Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a community space lot in Oasis Springs, Bedrock Straight (Pebble Burrow).
What happens when the bug occurs? Game acts as though community board item does not exist in build/buy. When I click the link to the item in Requirements, the results show nothing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the community board item in build buy regardless of how I try to find it IE via filter, search, category or using requirements tool...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

Most likely a patch made recently but I'm not sure how recently as I play this game a lot.
Here are some screenshots of the issue...

02-04-21_12-17-51 PM.png

Notice there are no filters or search criteria in this shot. all I did was click "Community Board" in requirements, and it brought up blank results.

After being unable to get a community board traditionally, I searched for one with bb.showhiddenobjects enabled after reading an old thread about a similar issue.

Still, no community board appeared at all, even after browsing through the entire catalogue manually. Twice. Ran repair on game files since this bug had reportedly been fixed already...

No changes.

So, I did the next thing I could think of - I downloaded a lovely lot from the gallery (sorry, I am not sure who to credit but it was called "Rattlesnake Church") that already had a board in it!

02-04-21_3-33-32 PM.png

Out of curiosity, I tried to clone the board, just to see if THAT would make it magically re-appear in the build-buy catalogue. Nope! The item cannot be cloned.

Lastly, I went to the new lot with my sim to make sure the board still functions - it seem to function as intended. I went into build-buy: I can pick up the object, move it around, all that. But it just doesn't exist in the catalogue.

I'd say this is pretty game breaking, since half the fun of sims is designing your own public lots from scratch!

Oh! Did I mention that this is a new save? I haven't used any mods, either. Frown

Message 18 of 33 (2,997 Views)

Community Board not showing in Build Mode

★★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to make a community space click on community board
What happens when the bug occurs? cannot find the community board in build mode
What do you expect to see? when i try to make a community space i click on community board but it doesn't show in build mode
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. a few patches ago

i really want to make a comunity space but i cannot

Message 19 of 33 (2,781 Views)

★ Guide

This is getting very ridiculous and pathetic and EA knows it, they need to clean up their act, start listening to their communities, The Sims Community especially! And start putting their money into fixing bugs and issues in their games, or else people are just not going to bother buying their games anymore, people are starting to lose their faith and respect in EA because of issues just like this keep on happening, you want to win back the respect of your players and veteran players, start listening to the community more and fix bugs that you can fix and fix the rest later down the line, the community voting board is just another line of things that needs serious fixing and I sure hope they get it fixed soon, because I can tell from some comments I've read on here, people are losing their patience and are starting to get real frustrated with bugs like this.

That's my R 100 on the matter and I hope everyone has a good day.

Message 20 of 33 (2,702 Views)