Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Community board is marked as debug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I went to a community lot and saw it under "community lot items."
What happens when the bug occurs? The Community Voting Board item is marked as debug and has is not able to be clicked.
What do you expect to see? The community board to be clicked as it was prior to this bug.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The June 23rd, 2020 Nifty Knitting Patch.

It appears to be marked as an invalid item. Any voting boards that have already been placed cannot be copied with the eyedropper tool.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 34 (24,610 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ECO] Community Object Showing as DEBUG in Build Mode

Hero

The Community Voting Board is no longer listed as a DEBUG item, no longer has a defective thumbnail, and can be placed within the Lot.

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 34 (16,469 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Community board is marked as debug

★★★★ Novice
@BentySpears I'm facing the same issue. It seems each patch breaks more the game
Message 2 of 34 (24,498 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BentySpears @AhmoseNefertari 

I see it too. You can work around this by enabling the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat and placing one of the other available boards:

Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 08.18.07.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 34 (24,471 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue... thought it might be CC interfering but I took everything out and its still showing as Debug.

So EA broke something somewhere...

Borked Community Board

Message 4 of 34 (24,423 Views)

N.A.P Board Shows Up As An X **DEBUG**

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the most recent i cant find where to look for that
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, all game packs, toddler stuff pack, vintage
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. I discovered it by trying to utilize the NAP board in my sims neighborhood in the newcrest world. It says that i cant vote on community spaces that are not in my neighborhood.
What happens when the bug occurs? tried to utilize the NAP board in my sims neighborhood in the newcrest world. It says that i cant vote on community spaces that are not in my neighborhood. but i am in my neighborhood. i thought it was a mod issue. So, i removed them, the cache file and repaired my game. well now, when i try to find a NAP board to create the community space - it literally comes up as a big X with **DEBUG**. there are no mods in my game. i have done everything I can think of. This is a major hole in my gameplay.
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to utilize the community NAP board in every single neighborhood correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the most recent patch from 7/23.

So essentially I went to Newcrest and attempted to begin a Community Space. So, I noticed that it said i couldnt vote on boards that were not within the neighborhood. WEll, I was within the correct neighborhood as shown by the eco footprint split. I figured it was mod related, which I only have a single mod I use. I removed it. Then I realized I had a patch. Installed that. restarted. went to do the same thing over again, only when I click the Community board required for the lot - it doesnt appear clickable. It shows a giant red X with **DEBUG** showing if i hover over it. Exit game. delete cache. repair game. restart. same problem.........only now ive discovered that its a problem in other neighborhoods as well.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title, merged post with existing thread

Message 5 of 34 (24,343 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [ECO] Community board is marked as debug

★★ Novice
I am also having this issue. I have not mods or CC and never have.
Message 6 of 34 (24,362 Views)

Eco Lifestyle Community Board missing

★★ Novice

Trying to find the EL Community Board and can only find a selection for a *DEBUG* item in its place.  When I go to a lot with one already there, it is present but unable to be cloned, and it still shows as *DEBUG* in the inventory.

Not sure, but this does seem to have occurred from the last update.

I did test with no mods and ran a repair with no changes.07-25-20_8-40-10 PM.png

Message 7 of 34 (24,264 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle Community Board missing

★★★★ Guide

Luckily I had already placed mine on the community space lot I was building, but I also get the DEBUG menu item with a big red cross and I am unable to place it.

Message 8 of 34 (24,221 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@Samsonguy9000 

Yes the community board was moved to debug items with the latest patch. I don't know why.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 34 (24,195 Views)

Hero
@Samsonguy9000 merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 34 (24,173 Views)