[FIXED] [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

by whubble

Original Post

Re: [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

★★★★ Guide
@WingedSnek thats also an interesting point! the crumblebottoms "clone theirselves" under different names... you will always have to delete them after entering Finchwick
Message 11 of 98 (1,412 Views)

CoL - Replaced sims for jobs in new save + duplicates

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except Batuu, My First Pet Stuff, Realm of Magic & have already preordered High School Years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a new save & live in Henford on Bagley
What happens when the bug occurs? new save created a new Creature Keeper, Grocery Store Owner, Mayor, Pub Owner. Now I have to Agnes. All these variants have the titles for their job including the originals when they appear. I am at the Pub & Sara Scott plus two other sims are Pub Owners
What do you expect to see? Only one for each career and the correct person since this is a new save & none of them are dead
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated on 7/26/22

Message 12 of 98 (1,419 Views)

★★★★ Guide

is the Team investigating here? an short statement would be great. this should not need too much time to be fixed as some Simmers have Households in Henford on Bagley..

Message 13 of 98 (1,385 Views)

Re: CoL - Replaced sims for jobs in new save + duplicates

Hero

I've also seen this in the new save I started today.  All of the original CotL sims that have roles show in the Other tab of Manage Households.  But, when I visited Finchwick with the household I was playing, all of the original CotL sims were nowhere to be found and new NPCs had those roles.  They were dressed in the same outfits as the originals and had the CotL social options for the errands and heart to hearts.  The only ones that were the same were Agnes and Agatha.  I suspect why they didn't change is because they are immortal hidden sims.  

Message 14 of 98 (1,371 Views)

★ Guide
@EmeraldLaura I assume more people have to confirm that they are experiencing this bug first. The bug which makes sims age whenever you have a loading screen is probably their top priority right now, because over 200 people are affected by it.
Message 15 of 98 (1,360 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue here. Totally vanilla game and new save file, and have numerous roled NPCs spawning everywhere. 

Message 16 of 98 (1,333 Views)

★ Guide

Yes I just noticed this. I tried using the cheats to assign NPC careers and that didn't work. At this point rolling back to and old save is out of the question and I am 4 generations deep so I will delete this save over my dead body.

Message 17 of 98 (1,331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have the same problem (random generated NPC in Henford instead of premade NPC), but I think I know when it happens!

If I start to play in life mode, NPC's are OK, then I visit CAS and then, when I check the NPC's in the Henford, there are the new generated ones. So the problem comes from visiting CAS during playing!

Message 18 of 98 (1,320 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The only temporary work around I've found is using mccc. Using the deletion cheats to force the entire save to repopulate seems to stop or at least slow the new NPC spawn rate. Will update if I find anything else. GL simmers!

Message 19 of 98 (1,308 Views)

★ Guide
@kocourGarfield Unfortunately not the case in my game. I never went into CAS after starting the save. The roles are wrong as soon as I have my sims move in.
Message 20 of 98 (1,278 Views)