Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Civil Designer: Can't complete daily task

by keroseneheart

Original Post

Re: eco lifestyle work from home bug

★★★ Novice

I have experienced both of the main issues in this thread -- getting an assignment to present something that I cannot draft and, more frustratingly, being given a daily task to rally voters while voting is closed, making it literally impossible to do. One other minor quibble I have with the civil designer daily tasks is the frequency of being asked to install specific upgrades to specific items. Just how many toilets does this game think I have easy access to?!?!?  "Excuse me, ma'am. You don't know me, I'm a perfect stranger, but I'd like to install a system on your toilet that will cause it to set you on fire at some point if you don't get an insect farm to deal with toilet compost.Is that going to be a problem?"

Message 21 of 35 (2,490 Views)

Re: Civil designer - daily task impossible to complete

★★ Novice

I also have the Rally Voters for a Community Space Project task.  I have this task on a Friday so I should be able to complete it.  However, when I go to the Community Space in my neighbourhood and click the Rally Voters interaction on the Community Voting Board, it only gives me options to rally voters to the neighbourhood action plans, not to a Community Space Project.

Message 22 of 35 (2,450 Views)

Re: eco lifestyle work from home bug

★★ Apprentice

My Civil Designer is asked repeatedly to "handiness upgrade or eco upgrade" things, but everything is the lot is already eco upgraded. The handiness upgrade never worked for this assignment, either. I had to buy a new sink I didn't need so my Sim could eco upgrade it, but before he could (I had just placed the sink) the inspector came and said I wasn't in compliance with the upgrades NAP, so now I'm getting penalized in the bills because I was trying to finish my daily work assignment . . . because it wouldn't accept the handiness upgrades it said it would.

Message 23 of 35 (2,392 Views)

★★ Guide

All of the above. 

- Getting 'Rally Voters' tasks when the voting is not open, aka impossible to complete.

- Getting pre-promotion concept drafting task while at the same time being promoted to the level when the concept draft type changes, making it impossible to complete.

- Getting 'Rally Voters' tasks for specific NAPs that are already in effect, meaning that even if the voting -was- open at the time, I'd need over a week to first repeal them and then get them voteable again, not really ideal for a -daily- work task. Had this for Green Initiatives and Modern Development.

- Getting a lot of upgrade installation tasks, which in itself is just a bit silly, not undoable. Just... a lot of visiting relatives and upgrading their plumbing and electronics.

The very least the voting-related tasks should have an if-then clause to make sure they don't pop up on days when the voting isn't open. The specific NAP voting should be removed altogether unless they can code it so that the task checks if 1) voting is open 2) NAPs are not maxed 3) the NAP it wants you to vote for is not already in effect.

Message 24 of 35 (2,382 Views)

★★★ Guide

My sim reached lvl 10 green technician career and the career tab ask to reach lvl 10 logic and 8 fabrication skills to be promoted. 

@crinrict @Lumiasta  going to update the first post.

Message 25 of 35 (2,331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Huh, I posted this yesterday in a much longer post, but it didn't go through or was deleted. I'm experiencing all the issues that @Lumiasta  is experiencing here (really good summary), but there is one more major issue with this career that I haven't seen here:

- When I do the "present concept to" interaction in a space smaller than like 8x8 on the grid, the sims shrug and the task is deleted. This seems to me to be a buggy routing issue. What I do now is that I add the sim I want to present to my group, then I have them go outside to present. And, I don't just mean right out the front door, because they can't properly route next to walls at all (in fact, sometimes the presenting will happen through a wall). I mean I literally have to summon them at least 8 grid spaces out the front door, and away from any mailboxes or bikes, and THEN perform the action. This isn't quite as annoying as the other ones listed here, but it's still really agitating. Maybe you wouldn't mind adding it to the list @crinrict ? Aside from the routing annoyance, I think it's pretty silly that they are presenting on a giant piece of drafting paper when they have used the drafting tablet and do not have a printer. 

Sorry there is one more thing @crinrict but I don't know where I should post it (maybe make a new thread?). There is no option to turn my vertical farm back into planter boxes once I have turned it into a "I can't believe it's not meat!" farm. This is annoying because I upgraded the farms and then accidentally turned two of them (only wanted one) into the plant-based meat grower. I couldn't turn them back into planters, so I had to buy and upgrade two more vertical farms. Where do you think is good to post about this? (PS: Sorry for tagging you twice! I know you're busy!)

Message 26 of 35 (2,277 Views)

Hero
@keroseneheart Sounds like it's not about the daily tasks not fulfilling but something else ? Did you make your own thread ? Was probably eaten by the spam filter. If not, I'd say, make a new one for the routing

As for the other, are you supposed to be able to turn them back ? I really haven't had any time to play so I don't know. If so, yes, def a new thread as it's unrelated to this issue.,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 35 (2,231 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Civil Designer: Can't complete daily task

★ Guide
@kadd3rin I have this exact issue. It's Sunday, went to the community space to rally, and only normal NAP's are available :/
Message 28 of 35 (2,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict  Presenting a blueprint is a daily/career task that is made hard to complete due to the routing issue. Should I go ahead and make a new thread?

Also, I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to turn the meat growing vertical planter back to a regular planter. It does seem wonky, though. If I go into build/buy I can delete the meat planter, but I'm left with only one shelf for plant farming. That makes it less of a vertical farm and more of an expensive two-seed farm Party hat

Message 29 of 35 (2,187 Views)

Hero
@keroseneheart I would say make a new one for the routing and post in General Discussion for the planter. Maybe someone there knows.

I didn't have much chance to play myself as I'm busy with another game :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 35 (2,179 Views)