Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Can't Evolve Plants In Vertical Garden

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a plant ready to evolve in the vertical garden.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing.
What do you expect to see? Plan to evolve.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Living

Had a plant reach the first point of evolution, but when I tried to have my sim evolve it, nothing happened. The action would pop up in their que and disappear, but no evolution happens. Thought maybe the evolve system was broken, so decided to move the plant into a regular garden pot and test there. No problems, plant evolved.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 40 (11,542 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Can't Evolve Plants In Vertical Garden

Hero

What? Vertical Gardens are evolving! Fixed an issue in which Vertical Gardens didn’t Evolve when they were both in the Ready to Evolve and Ready to Harvest state.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 40 of 40 (8,530 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Can't Evolve Plants In Vertical Garden

★★★★ Expert

Same problem. Plants on the vertical garden cannot be evolved. Must move them to a planter and evolve them there. Makes the vertical garden basically useless.

Message 2 of 40 (11,318 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Are either of you also having an issue where plants in the Vertical Planter don't count toward any of the Botanist aspiration tasks? My botanist Sim received no credit for planting or watering using the vertical planters.

Message 3 of 40 (11,210 Views)

★ Apprentice
Also having the problem with regular tress in wooden boxes, pots, and just out in the open.
Message 4 of 40 (11,176 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@RenegadeKittyOG The vertical planters are badly broken. Routing doesn't work for them, ladders makes it worse. If you have several box planters and vertical, click on the box and say "harvest all", none of the vertical planters will be harvested. Those must be done separately.

I'd recommend not even using them. They need a complete overhaul.
Message 5 of 40 (11,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same. I'm also having problems weeding them.

Message 6 of 40 (11,103 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps Yes, it definitely seems that way. I'm not seeing the benefit to the vertical planters right now.
Message 7 of 40 (11,070 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@RenegadeKittyOG Well, the only benefit I can see is they only take up one floor spot and you can have two on the same spot.

But the fact that you can't properly route to them or use the "all" functions, or evolve, makes them worse than useless.
Message 8 of 40 (11,039 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It is working more or less fine for me, but I did notice that the interaction to evolve tends to drop from the queue. I had to order my sim to do it several times before he went and did it. And then he only evolved the plant on the upper level. Routing and caring for the plants themselves works for me. 

Message 9 of 40 (11,030 Views)

★★ Novice

I noticed that this tends to happen more frequently when the plant being evolved is also ready to be harvested.

Harvesting the plant and then attempting to evolve it has given me better results.

Message 10 of 40 (10,958 Views)