Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Can't Evolve Plants In Vertical Garden

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Can't Evolve Plants In Vertical Garden

★★★★ Guide
@Raynn0124 this "fix" did work for me regarding the planter needing extra space. I moved the vertical planter to another area separate from the garden (without MOO) and the plant was able to be evolved. So, inconvenient as this is, it is a decent workaround. Standard smile
Message 31 of 40 (1,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNickI have a save file here with the bug in it, I have shared on Google Drive, first time doing this so I hope it works.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zjJ9nMg2i8T5Jvy6aiieS7ZtyoCM_Hr2?usp=sharing

@SimInfinityCan confirm that this was the case in my game which I linked the save file above. I went on vacation for about a sim week and when the family returned to their neighborhood, it had returned to a neutral state and the plants all needed to be evolved. Not sure what will happen with the plants when the hood goes back to green, will keep the post updated to changes with green neighborhood. UPDATE: Plants did not return to the higher evolution upon returning to a green hood. I had to move plants to regular planters to evolve them.

Overall gardening has been really buggy since Eco Living, with plants not fully growing and resetting growth at time (seems random) when they are tended.

[Posts merged] 

Message 32 of 40 (1,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Snowy Escape and Moshicino Stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  A plant becomes available to evovle in a vertical planter. When you click on it, the sim does nothing and the action cancels itself out.
What happens when the bug occurs? You click on plant with controlled sim and it auto cancels itself. 
What do you expect to see? The plant to evolve.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 1.68.156.1020

oh wow..i thought it was normal to not evolve plants in vertical gardens since i got eco lifestyle..guess it is a bug. I had to mark this too as me too....this effected my game also. Im looking thru all the bugs listed now so i can see which ones i still have..and i have still alot of bugs in my game.

Message 33 of 40 (1,587 Views)

Can’t evolve some plants in Vertical Garden

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? ep07.125
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on plant to evolve
What happens when the bug occurs? Two plants, one is a grape plant that I recall, will not evolve when I click the option
What do you expect to see? Plant to evolve when ready
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Only recently purchased Eco Lifestyle so not sure if it’s related to a patch. 

Message 34 of 40 (1,545 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Can't Evolve Plants In Vertical Garden

★★★ Apprentice

@Mr_NeOLiTHiC wrote:

I noticed that this tends to happen more frequently when the plant being evolved is also ready to be harvested.

Harvesting the plant and then attempting to evolve it has given me better results.

I was having this problem as well, both sims could not evolve my blackberry bush that was in the vertical planter. But, as you said, it needed to be harvested as well, after harvesting the sim was able to evolve it without issue. So, perhaps that's the reason people are having problems, not being able to evolve plants when they need harvesting.  However that begs the question - is the reason it cannot be evolved when it's ready to be harvested because the fruit/flowers on it are of one quality and the plant itself has evolved to another quality?  This may very well be the case some of the time, but other times it may just be that there is a problem.

Message 35 of 40 (1,505 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Can't Evolve Plants In Vertical Garden

★★ Guide

There's definitely something buggy about the vertical planters. 

My sim harvests her vertical planters out of thin air from the third floor even though the planters are on the first floor. "Harvest All" also doesn't work on them. If I select "Harvest All" the sim will harvest one plant remotely from wherever they happen to be standing. I have to click harvest on each individual plant in the vertical planters. 

The small round and large square planters work as they should. The sim actually walks over TO those planters to harvest the plant and harvests all nearby planters, too (except the vertical ones) when harvest all is selected. Not so with the vertical planters, though. They're kinda wonky.  

Message 36 of 40 (1,485 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Can't Evolve Plants In Vertical Garden

★★★ Novice

Okay-so I might have figured it out. My plant wouldn't evolve, and it needed to be watered so I watered it. Your Sim might need to be interacting with something- so say they are washing their hands and you hit the "Evolve" button while they are still washing their hands just after they've watered their plant. You might just need to water your plant before you evolve it. Also, make sure you have a high enough gardening skill to be able to evolve it. I dunno if it works for everyone or if I did something else to make it to make it evolve. Anyways, I hope helps someone out there. 

Message 37 of 40 (1,449 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have also found that my sims are unable to evolve a plant in a vertical garden unless it has been harvested.  

Message 38 of 40 (1,386 Views)

★ Novice

I had this issue too.

For some reason the only way  to evolve them is to make sure they have just been harvested and then your sim has to interact with the plant to evolve it.

It still doesn't count toward freelance botanist tho.

Message 39 of 40 (1,351 Views)

Hero

What? Vertical Gardens are evolving! Fixed an issue in which Vertical Gardens didn’t Evolve when they were both in the Ready to Evolve and Ready to Harvest state.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 40 (9,357 Views)