Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] BuyDebug Item In Build Mode Displays A Red X

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except ROM, and Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to map view, then go to Sulani and then click on Ohan'Ali Beach and hit the build icon. Might need to turn the, hidden objects, cheat on.
What happens when the bug occurs? Among the items that display at first glance without clicking on anything, an item shows up as an X'd out debug item that can't be placed. The item does show that it's from the EcoLiving pack. A modder I spoke with said, it might be a duplicate version of the voting board bcus both items have the same price, except the one is X'd out.
What do you expect to see? When I go into build mode, I expect items and the image of the item to be displayed correctly and able to be placed down on a lot. *This was tested with cc and without cc. Issue still exists*
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the ecoliving patch

An item from the Ecoliving pack is showing up as a x'd out debug item when going into build mode on the Ohan'Ali Beach lot in Sulani. I didn't type in any cheats at the start of my game when I was asked by a modder who was assisting me. I did mention that I did use the hidden objects cheat about a month or so ago but I'm not certain if the cheat still remained enabled since then which is why I mentioned that someone testing this might need to turn on hidden objects since it seems to be a debug item. I was told that it might be a broken replica of the voting board from The Ecoliving pack. I can't confirm this as the debug item cannot be place but it does have the same pricing as the voting board.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 9 (1,637 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] BuyDebug Item In Build Mode Displays A Red X

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:
@thecharsims@DizzyDee-K

Since they fixed the debug items showing in non-debug, I hope this is fixed too.

Could you check ?

Checked a couple different community type lots. It appears to be fixed.

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 11.16.31 AM.jpg

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,131 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] BuyDebug Item In Build Mode Displays A Red X

★ Pro

Yes it's the Community Board from EL. I only noticed it after the July 23 2020 patch. (1.65.70.1220) It seems to show up like this on lots other than the new Community lots.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 4.16.21 PM.jpg

Message 2 of 9 (1,516 Views)

★★ Novice

I also just posted about this! it is also present in Newcrest Lots and lots from Willow Creek

Message 3 of 9 (1,504 Views)

★★ Guide
@DizzyDee-K Yea, I was pretty certain that it might've been the voting board. Thanks for confirming.
Message 4 of 9 (1,357 Views)

★★ Guide
@calbobal I figured it would display on other lots but I only noticed it while editing the one lot I was on.
Message 5 of 9 (1,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@thecharsims Looks like this issue shifted as it's now no longer just a BuyDebug thing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,351 Views)

Hero
@thecharsims @DizzyDee-K

Since they fixed the debug items showing in non-debug, I hope this is fixed too.

Could you check ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,153 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:
@thecharsims@DizzyDee-K

Could you check ?

Checked a couple different community type lots. It appears to be fixed.

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 11.16.31 AM.jpg

Message 8 of 9 (1,132 Views)

Hero
@DizzyDee-K great thanks for checking. Marking this as fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,125 Views)