[FIXED] [ECO] Bulldozing Pinecrest apartments breaks them

by DemnoTheThird

Original Post

Re: Game glitches/Bugs after update.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi found a workaround for this problem - when you bulldoze the lot it removes a boundary wall near the elevator.  In build mode, with (MOO) just replace the wall and you should be able to place the room /lot.

Message 21 of 28 (2,093 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Bulldozing Pinecrest apartments breaks them

★ Guide

Sadly today's bugfix patch didn't resolve this issue. Bulldozing Pinecrest apartments still break them.

Message 22 of 28 (2,057 Views)

Broken Eco lifestyle apartments

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Eco Lifestyle, Seasons, cats & dogs, Get together, nifty knitting, laundry day, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Eco lifestyle apartments
What happens when the bug occurs? When entertain any of the eco lifestyle apartments the entire live mode apartment is invisible or if it is showing you are not able to place any flooring over the base concrete. It just disappears. This make the apartments entirely unusable.
What do you expect to see? VIsible apartments and working flooring
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was trying to move a new family into an apartment in the eco lifestyle pack and i Bulldozed it in the move in menu. While trying to decorate the apartment i noticed the floors would not place even though it was charging money. Since it was bugged i decided to move them to the other apartments across town and when They moved in the entire apartment was invisible. 

Message 23 of 28 (2,043 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this exact same issue but i find a work around it. it seems that when you bulldoze pinecrest apartment both 404 & 402 the whole floor sunk to the bottom it certainly need a fix but when i apply a wall on existing wall apartment where the floor is now sunken to the bottom the apartment floor will become visible once again & now i can build in the apartment once again. You just need to apply a wall where there is already an existing wall & the whole apartment will pop back up on the right floor again, very strange but this somewhat fixed it!

on 402 apartment the easiest way is to build a wall right next to the lift, once you do that the whole apartment will reappear once again. (refer to attachment picture)

on 404 apartment build a wall where the front door is, on the already existing wall itself, the whole apartment should reappear once again. (refer to attachment picture)

I hope this helps

Message 24 of 28 (2,000 Views)

Apartment has dropped to the basement

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a game in Evergreen harbor apartment building.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cleared the apartment before starting and the whole apartment had dropped down.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to be on the same level as the front door Standard smile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The apartment has dropped down. This happens even when I start a new game. 

Message 25 of 28 (1,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had this same issue on Windows 10 PC after I bulldozed that apartment but was able to fix mine. From Build mode if you redraw the walls both on outer edge and inner rooms it should become playable again. 

Initially I only redrew the inner walls cause it looked like outer wall was there with building shell but it would not let me put in flooring as it did not recognize the room. I retraced the outer building wall (also includes wall in middle between it and other apartment) all the way around to apartment and was able to place flooring.

I don't work for EA but just letting you know what worked to resolve it in my case, in case it works for others.

By the way I used custom draw tool for wall to redraw walls around the apartment shell and to redraw the rooms. Just to clarify that part.

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit.)

Message 26 of 28 (1,877 Views)

★ Guide

So ... even after the Star Wars pack release this is still a thing. Please, fix this issue, it's so frustrating.

I know, there's a workaround by using the hammer tool to remove all furniture and inner walls without break the apartment lot but this should not be the solution for an 40 dollar/euro EP I paid for! It's really frustrating to wait so long for a fix and not to be sure a fix will ever come. Yeah, I'm kind of angry, sad ... and ... tired to give more money into this bugged franchise which turned into a Disney/Star Wars ad ... sorry for the rant.

Get back into the real Sims 4 and fix your things, please!

Message 27 of 28 (1,824 Views)

Hero

Bulldozing Pinecrest Apartments now is possible without damaging the lot.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 28 (5,805 Views)